Ordered 20 weeks ago still “d” status.

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
I ordered a 392XR Nov 13 and am being told July eta.....MAYBE.... not sure I want to wait. My house will be done being built in July and the purpose of the early order was to get it prior to funding the mortgage. Now I am debating on going with plan B versus waiting because the MY23 will be just around the corner
Sponsored

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
I ordered a 392XR Nov 13 and am being told July eta.....MAYBE.... not sure I want to wait. My house will be done being built in July and the purpose of the early order was to get it prior to funding the mortgage. Now I am debating on going with plan B versus waiting because the MY23 will be just around the corner
I've been in "ETA limbo" for about a month now. I ordered end of January, it immediately went into "D" status, and then was built on 3/16. After that, Jeeps tracking system went down, and all they could tell me was that it was "in transit". Dealer couldn't get an ETA, and Jeep wasn't helpful.

Today, Jeep tells me that their system is back up and I got an ETA for 5/11.

Hopefully you got your financing locked in... I managed to secure a loan the moment I got a VIN (that was a HUGE pain but I managed to get the credit union to send me a check even before the Jeep was built), and now rates are around 3x what I locked in. That alone saved me about $7k over the life of the loan - so well worth the headache of arguing with the underwriter.

Love6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I ordered end of September 2022 XR Sarge Green.

It has been in shipping status for about 5 weeks, so I am assuming it is sitting somewhere outside in the sun/snow/rain. I was pumped when it was out of production, but the wait continues.

Shipping vehicles is tough right now. Part of the reason inflation is so high, you can not get anything on time, I know in my business that is the case.

My other car I wanted is a BMW manual G80 sedan and I can not even get an allocation, so buckle up IMO, car prices will continue to stay high and orders will take a long time.

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered end of September 2022 XR Sarge Green.

It has been in shipping status for about 5 weeks, so I am assuming it is sitting somewhere outside in the sun/snow/rain. I was pumped when it was out of production, but the wait continues.

Shipping vehicles is tough right now. Part of the reason inflation is so high, you can not get anything on time, I know in my business that is the case.

My other car I wanted is a BMW manual G80 sedan and I can not even get an allocation, so buckle up IMO, car prices will continue to stay high and orders will take a long time.
If you're on the West Coast, yours is probably on the same train as mine is... I asked the dealer for tracking information, and they told me that on 5/2 it was last seen at the Belvidere assembly plant. Since that plant doesn't build Wranglers (it didn't last I checked) I'm assuming the train stopped to pick up more cars. I'm going to see where the train stops next - hopefully by now it's getting close to CA.

Willis Circle

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X7, 1290 Super Duke
Ordered mine on 12/31, Sting, XR, got VIN the next business day. Just spoke with Jeep Chat….still being “scheduled to be built”. I was told by dealership at order mid March. 🥱

Sponsored

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really wish there were some rhyme or reason to what gets built and what doesn't. When I ordered mine, the dealer warned me that I was getting some things that in the past had been backlogged. I got Sting Gray, XR, Tow Group, Headliner, Gorilla Glass, Windshield Tie Down, Mopar Mats, Trail Rail System, and Front Trail Camera. At the time, they said that simple things like the Tie Down and Trail Rails were on back order and might delay the build - but it got built really quick. I was going to get the Doorless Mirror Kit, but they told me to definitely wait on that because it delays the build. Long story short, no real rhyme or reason - some get built in a month, some seem to take six months. Some have no difficult options and they take forever, and some have all the options like fancy doors and roof options and they get built in a month.

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
Ordered mine 03/9, had a vin the following week and got an email a few days ago it’s now in transit status. I bought a 2 door rubicon so I don’t know if they’re faster but dealer told me 12 weeks is average time frame and 15 weeks worst case scenario.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
My buddies showed up as soon as the transit system came back on line. 1/19 order delivered 5/5.

Sponsored

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
I am literally in the same dilemma you are. Ordered 12/16/21 and I figured I would have it by now.

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
12/13/21 JLUR-XR order is still gathering f#cking parts. This really is getting ridiculous 🤬

Last edited:

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
I am literally in the same dilemma you are. Ordered 12/16/21 and I figured I would have it by now.
It really is ridiculous. Honestly the only thing holding me back is the fact that I will get the Affiliate discount on top of the price locked in from November. I have a feeling that if Jeep has a 392XR for 23, it will be 10k more on average....with everything increasing about 2% every few months (I work in equipment sales and this is the trend we have seen). at this point COVID is a sorry excuse for things not to be operating properly, which is the excuse I get from a ton of manufacturers

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
I hear you. It amazes me we’re in a worse spot supply chain wise vs last year. I honestly thought things would be better now. I won’t say any more as to avoid a political ding.
Yeah....things are definitely getting worse. Seems average wait times are now 6 months plus.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
We ordered the same day, 11/13.
Sting-Gray Sahara Altitude
Dual tops
Cold weather group
Tow pkg
LED lighting group.

Dealer informed me last week “expected ship date 5/19”, which typically means expected build date.

Jeep Chat last night said “has been scheduled for production and should start production shortly”.

I sold my JKU in January expecting the new one to arrive soon thereafter. Now I just hope it gets here before August. We have two other vehicles, but the 2nd is a very rare Corvette, so I’m not thrilled to be putting more miles on it.
Sponsored