Not open for further replies.

Dash

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 stingray, 2002 F-250, 2016 stingray, 2017 BMW M240i,
I have a rubicon, 2 door, soft top, manual tranny, ordered as of 10 February 18. Obviously still in D or maybe even C status. Question is, if money is not a major factor do I change my order to a 4 door hopefully to speed up delivery? Do y’all think the 4door would arrive quicker than 2 door? All options will stay the same
You should ask @JLWF Dealer Guy . I think 4 door goes more quickly than 2 door.

Thanks for the hook up, @jlwf dealerguy.
Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I have a rubicon, 2 door, soft top, manual tranny, ordered as of 10 February 18. Obviously still in D or maybe even C status. Question is, if money is not a major factor do I change my order to a 4 door hopefully to speed up delivery? Do y’all think the 4door would arrive quicker than 2 door? All options will stay the same.
I think it would absolutely speed it up.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I may have to reboot this plan to make sure all can get in that want. I’m a little selfish and can’t show up in a JK, :lipssealed: So I’m in when my JL shows up. Sure hope I can get in on the next tracking!

Not that it matters but, but my backup plan is June (2nd or 3rd week) when they are out of school, prior to triathlon season.

dmeyerrph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Firecracker Red
I have a rubicon, 2 door, soft top, manual tranny, ordered as of 10 February 18. Obviously still in D or maybe even C status. Question is, if money is not a major factor do I change my order to a 4 door hopefully to speed up delivery? Do y’all think the 4door would arrive quicker than 2 door? All options will stay the same.
There is a whole thread on 2 door production

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2-door-jl-build-order-discussions-master-thread.2951/

Sponsored

dmeyerrph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Firecracker Red
3+ weeks til built.
3 weeks on the train - finally unloaded.
Getting closer!

dmeyerrph (Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL - Firecracker Red)
Date ordered: 01/12/2018
Railcar Departure / Yard Exit 02/06/18 07:13:23 PM TOLEDO, OH
Railcar Unloaded 02/25/18 02:49:00 PM COUNCIL BLUFFS, IA VDC

sportylexy

First Name
Lexy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
General Manager Fairfield Inn and Suites
Just brought this beauty home! Can't wait until Thursday when we upgrade her shoes to Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

IMG_7237.JPEG

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
Just brought this beauty home! Can't wait until Thursday when we upgrade her shoes to Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

IMG_7237.JPEG
Awesome and congratulations! I guess you have to update your signature line now too!

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
After several weeks in “I” I went to KZ to this in less than 3 days. Crazy. Hang in there fellas and fella’ettes

60F37F83-4329-4901-AAB9-A90E8807230D.jpeg

714434FF-2ECF-4BDD-B474-109201F51875.jpeg

42F82BF2-60E0-4697-A94F-8794D9DBA27F.jpeg

D97F4025-794D-4580-953D-540398680904.jpeg

F6814004-F2FB-4D4F-B972-4AD9CDD539E6.jpeg
Gratz!! Love the White :rock::jk:

Sponsored

Atomic Anvil

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.atomicanvil.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Sport
Occupation
Technology Consultant & Professional Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
First, I just wanted to start by saying that as I new member, it's really great to see the sense of community that Jay and everyone has established here, and really reinforces my decision to get my first Jeep.

I do; however, have a newbie question for all, as this was my first customer order of a vehicle...

I managed to get on the Order Tracking list, but my status is not showing any type of change at all. I have no problem with that, but here is my rub:

I placed my order on 1/31 and my dealer came back on 2/5 with a VIN and estimated delivery date of 2/14, which I know was ludicrous speculation. I have since been told by my dealer that my order is being built, but have since been informed by Jeep chat that I sat in D status for 17 days and have been sitting in D1 for the past 10 days with no movement.

I would assume that my dealer probably has more accurate info than Jeep chat (or they are blowing smoke), but it seems odd to me that even our tracking sheet doesn't show me in D1...even after Jeep has confirmed it multiple times. Does this sound normal to anyone?

Thanks in advance for any input that you have.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
First, I just wanted to start by saying that as I new member, it's really great to see the sense of community that Jay and everyone has established here, and really reinforces my decision to get my first Jeep.

I do; however, have a newbie question for all, as this was my first customer order of a vehicle...

I managed to get on the Order Tracking list, but my status is not showing any type of change at all. I have no problem with that, but here is my rub:

I placed my order on 1/31 and my dealer came back on 2/5 with a VIN and estimated delivery date of 2/14, which I know was ludicrous speculation. I have since been told by my dealer that my order is being built, but have since been informed by Jeep chat that I sat in D status for 17 days and have been sitting in D1 for the past 10 days with no movement.

I would assume that my dealer probably has more accurate info than Jeep chat (or they are blowing smoke), but it seems odd to me that even our tracking sheet doesn't show me in D1...even after Jeep has confirmed it multiple times. Does this sound normal to anyone?

Thanks in advance for any input that you have.
Normal. Most don't hit the D1 side of the tracking sheet on here until after they start their build.

Some sit in D1 for a month. Others for a week or less. It's all random. There is no rhyme or reason that we are aware of.

Jeep chat is guesswork.

Dealer has the best info - Spreadsheet here would be the second best - Jeep chat is useless.

Just my $0.02

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VON 41180742
02-24-2018
Hey Joe, congrats on your order! If you're trying to get on the spreadsheet, it's not open for tracking now. They will post when they are reopening, but there's no wait list.

Atomic Anvil

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.atomicanvil.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Sport
Occupation
Technology Consultant & Professional Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Normal. Most don't hit the D1 side of the tracking sheet on here until after they start their build.

Some sit in D1 for a month. Others for a week or less. It's all random. There is no rhyme or reason that we are aware of.

Jeep chat is guesswork.

Dealer has the best info - Spreadsheet here would be the second best - Jeep chat is useless.

Just my $0.02
Much appreciated. I definitely think Jeep Chat is just throwing out answers to get people out of the queue as quickly as possible. I'll just sit back and wait like everyone else...

The suspense is killing me...

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Much appreciated. I definitely think Jeep Chat is just throwing out answers to get people out of the queue as quickly as possible. I'll just sit back and wait like everyone else...

The suspense is killing me...
I think that Jeep Chat is really just throwing a bunch of bulls*%# at this point!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.