Not open for further replies.

manuka

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR (on order), 2017 Chevy Volt
Agreed. I would have never guessed they would Truck everything to the east. I’m sure there is some rhyme or reason.
I am sure it is a careful balance between Money and to a small degree trucking availability. End of month sales volume could be a factor too.
Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I am sure it is a careful balance between Money and to a small degree trucking availability. End of month sales volume could be a factor too.
It’s not a sales thing. The plant couldn’t give a shit when they and stuff out. It’s like I’ve said, sales and service shall never mingle. All these things are separate entities. I’d say the logical answer is that the east was established with the interstate system that is efficient and that the west is still so vast, the rail shipping is a better cost effective way to move product. And Kim...lol

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
It’s not a sales thing. The plant couldn’t give a shit when they and stuff out. It’s like I’ve said, sales and service shall never mingle. All these things are separate entities. I’d say the logical answer is that the east was established with the interstate system that is efficient and that the west is still so vast, the rail shipping is a better cost effective way to move product. And Kim...lol
Gotta love those interstates!! There are literally three roads from Toledo to my dealer here in central New York! 75 to 90 to 332. Six hours. Boom. Papapaplease let my delivery be that simple once she’s finally built!!! :fingerscrossed: *knock on wood!*

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Sorry for the late tracking update. Somehow I got a Monday off for the first time in I can’t remember. I’m “busy” now but promise that we will get it out later before I “ fall asleep”.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Sorry for the late tracking update. Somehow I got a Monday off for the first time in I can’t remember. I’m “busy” now but promise that we will get it out later before I “ fall asleep”.
:beer::beer::like:

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I don't buy it...i have a feeling someone has a lunch date and is getting ready for it :rock:

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
Mine went by train from Toledo to Winston-Salem, then truck to Wilmington. I understand not trucking all the way from Toledo to Wilmington - Wilmington’s the end of the road. But train to WS and truck to ATL? WS is closer.... but I also think WS is a major shipping hub for FCA.

Sponsored

dmeyerrph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Firecracker Red
Wow, having so much damn fun with my JLUR! Driving it kind of has a SUV sports car feeling. So glad I got the manual tranny! That wait was horrific but so worth it. I am going to get the 3M Paint Protection on the entire car. Will never need to wax it, just wash and clean, and its almost indestructible.
@JAY @JLWF Dealer Guy Love you guys! :involve:
Do you mean the 3M paint protection film?

Status
Not open for further replies.