BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Rail car unloaded at 5:30 today in nj!

With any luck it’ll take the 2hr drive to my dealer sometime tomorrow :)
Sponsored

Bill Tower

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited 4 door, Firecracker Red
Bill Tower said:
In Arizona we have three layers of tax state, county and city, if I purchase in City I have to pay all three, but if I purchase out of state I only have to pay state when I register the Jeep, don’t have to pay county or city because it was purchased out side the county and city.

If that is true, good for you. I found this on the City of Phoenix website.

1) I bought my car outside the state. Why do I have to pay a use tax to Phoenix?

Both the City and State collect a vehicle use tax on vehicles purchased out-of-state if there was no tax paid previously. When the vehicle is registered with the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division (MVD), the buyer presents the documents needed to transfer the title. This documentation should list any sales tax (state, city, or both) paid at the time of purchase. If no sales tax was paid on the purchase, MVD collects the state use tax of 6.6% (5.6% prior to June 1, 2010), listed on the registration form as a "DOR fee." Only the state use tax is collected by MVD. MVD reports the names and addresses of residents who pay DOR fees to each city based on the registration address. Each city bills use tax based on the information provided by MVD.
Bill Tower said:
In Arizona we have three layers of tax state, county and city, if I purchase in City I have to pay all three, but if I purchase out of state I only have to pay state when I register the Jeep, don’t have to pay county or city because it was purchased out side the county and city.

If that is true, good for you. I found this on the City of Phoenix website.

1) I bought my car outside the state. Why do I have to pay a use tax to Phoenix?

Both the City and State collect a vehicle use tax on vehicles purchased out-of-state if there was no tax paid previously. When the vehicle is registered with the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division (MVD), the buyer presents the documents needed to transfer the title. This documentation should list any sales tax (state, city, or both) paid at the time of purchase. If no sales tax was paid on the purchase, MVD collects the state use tax of 6.6% (5.6% prior to June 1, 2010), listed on the registration form as a "DOR fee." Only the state use tax is collected by MVD. MVD reports the names and addresses of residents who pay DOR fees to each city based on the registration address. Each city bills use tax based on the information provided by MVD.
OLD SYSTYEM

New SYSTEM
MVD, Department of Revenue simplify tax payment for out-of-state vehicle purchases
Process is more efficient, involves less paperwork
November 09, 2017
PHOENIX – Arizona residents who buy cars out of state now have a much easier way to pay the city and state use taxes.

Working with the Arizona Department of Revenue, the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division is now able to accept these payments when the buyer registers his or her vehicle at an MVD or Authorized Third Party office.
mvd-az.tmb-mediumwide.jpg

Prior to this partnership, customers would pay state tax in an office at the time of vehicle registration. They would then receive a statement from DOR in the mail several weeks later for city tax due. Under the new system, both state and city taxes will be calculated and paid when the customer registers the vehicle.

A web-based calculator available on AZDOR.gov to allows individuals to determine the amount of tax that will be required at the time of registration based on the vehicle owner’s home address. Click here: https://usetax.az.gov/Home/VehicleUseTaxCalculator

“The Vehicle Use Tax calculator is a tool our staff has envisioned for more than a decade, and they have worked very hard in the last several months when the partnership with ADOT began to make that vision a reality,” said David Briant, director of the Arizona Department of Revenue. “We are excited to partner with ADOT on this initiative to help taxpayers. This tool will provide a one-stop shop and help make buying a vehicle outside the state or country more efficient.”
mvdinterior3.tmb-mediumwide.jpg

MVD Director Eric Jorgensen said, “One of MVD’s roles is to collect these funds, and making that process easier for the customer is very important. This partnership helps achieve our vision of getting Arizona out of waiting in line and safely on the road.”

Approximately 2.6 million customers are served each year by the MVD, and of those about 22,000 register vehicles bought in another state.

Bill Tower

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited 4 door, Firecracker Red
OLD SYSTYEM

New SYSTEM
MVD, Department of Revenue simplify tax payment for out-of-state vehicle purchases
Process is more efficient, involves less paperwork
November 09, 2017
PHOENIX – Arizona residents who buy cars out of state now have a much easier way to pay the city and state use taxes.

Working with the Arizona Department of Revenue, the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division is now able to accept these payments when the buyer registers his or her vehicle at an MVD or Authorized Third Party office.
mvd-az.tmb-mediumwide.jpg

Prior to this partnership, customers would pay state tax in an office at the time of vehicle registration. They would then receive a statement from DOR in the mail several weeks later for city tax due. Under the new system, both state and city taxes will be calculated and paid when the customer registers the vehicle.

A web-based calculator available on AZDOR.gov to allows individuals to determine the amount of tax that will be required at the time of registration based on the vehicle owner’s home address. Click here: https://usetax.az.gov/Home/VehicleUseTaxCalculator

“The Vehicle Use Tax calculator is a tool our staff has envisioned for more than a decade, and they have worked very hard in the last several months when the partnership with ADOT began to make that vision a reality,” said David Briant, director of the Arizona Department of Revenue. “We are excited to partner with ADOT on this initiative to help taxpayers. This tool will provide a one-stop shop and help make buying a vehicle outside the state or country more efficient.”
mvdinterior3.tmb-mediumwide.jpg

MVD Director Eric Jorgensen said, “One of MVD’s roles is to collect these funds, and making that process easier for the customer is very important. This partnership helps achieve our vision of getting Arizona out of waiting in line and safely on the road.”

Approximately 2.6 million customers are served each year by the MVD, and of those about 22,000 register vehicles bought in another state.
It maybe because I live in a retirement community that maintains our roads, When i run the calculator it shows no county or city tax due only state and 5.6%. You should run the calculator using your address and zip code, just to see what happens.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)

Sponsored

sportylexy

First Name
Lexy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
General Manager Fairfield Inn and Suites
Just found out that my jeep was picked up by truck from Toledo Saturday. Does anybody know the turnaround time to Atlanta from there? Hoping it may get delivered today.

JLU_Pilot

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR - (Lady) ; 2013 Chevy Traverse
I am so in love. Everything I could imagine and more! Just got her home. The clutch feels great just going to take some getting used too. Also that new engine burning in smell, lol. She’s chillin’ out front with my TJ right now 4E3D7CE4-13A1-4E65-A321-83AD7C5F4884.jpeg 2B5AB37A-3C1B-4608-89A8-0AB725B8EA39.jpeg 3D843EE3-0682-4C9F-BD6E-3835E8150464.jpeg 7E3424E4-C14A-442A-A30C-B3537A142A6B.jpeg EF7AC936-4267-49BC-AED1-23B879354804.jpeg 52A5DCA8-3BE0-4700-8FEB-92F0027047CF.jpeg BF756AF6-1EDB-4F6A-AA06-85EC0876FD08.jpeg

B5CB6A49-5D1C-43F1-A0BA-29C68338C430.jpeg
Awesome pics! Congrats @darlykeys.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
That's my girl right there!!!!!:rock::clap:

"Good Morning Tod!

Your Jeep was unloaded from the railcar yesterday in Memphis! That means it could be here any day now. Very possibly tomorrow. I was going to call you today to get the ball rolling on this so we could take advantage of that extra $500.

We can FedEx paperwork to you to sign today. Let me know what kind of rates you got.

Thanks!"

Jeep Wrangler JL ORDER TRACKING for your Jeep Wrangler {filename}

Kim Sims
Internet Sales Manager
Superior Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
1201 Exchange Avenue
Conway, AR 72032
501-499-2575
www.superiorfivestar.com

Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just off Jeep Chat and she said I was in D waiting on parts.

I said, strange as I have been in D1 for weeks.

She asked if I ordered on Feb 6th, I said Feb 5th but yes.

She came back and said I was definitely in D1 on the other list..... ???

And they haven't updated hers?????

I am having a good time with all this.

I really don't have a choice.

LOL

sportylexy

First Name
Lexy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
General Manager Fairfield Inn and Suites
Mine left Toledo at 4p on a Monday and was at my dealership (TN) at noon on Tuesday.
Thanks for this info. Just found out mine got in a few minutes ago and I’m picking it up tonight. Can’t wait to share pictures with everyone.

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
Rail car unloaded at 5:30 today in nj!

With any luck it’ll take the 2hr drive to my dealer sometime tomorrow :)
Funny, mine is KZR also headed to NJ (arrival between 3/3 and 3/7) and was told that it will never see a train but instead will be trucked here....odd!

Status
Not open for further replies.