ORDER TRACKING for your Jeep Wrangler

Status
Not open for further replies.

LHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU, Rivian R1S, '99 Cherokee XJ
Has anyone else gone backwards from D1 to D? I ordered on 1/11 and I'm still in D? Arrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
Interesting. I just posted a rant about how jacked up this is (as I am almost to a month in I and my sales guy can seem to find his @$$ from his grandmothers elbow anymore. I’ve been pretty patient and positive through all this, but I feel like it is all hitting me at once today and I’m ready to go pay cash for a used subaru and move on with my life lol. I ordered this thing as production started and 5 months before my current lease is up. If I don’t have a JL by April I’ll never give FCU my business again. So, whatever they messed up they need to fix it soon or my $48k is going to walk. Smh
We can all be sympathetic to those that are experiencing delays on a brand new vehicle, but seriously? Have you even owned an FCA product before? I have only owned FCA products and would consider myself brand loyal. Tracking on my jk order was awesome, with a nice website and all. Maybe not all dealers, but most have exceptional customer service. All my vehicles have never had any issues. I do know they exist, but to act like they are the worst is ridiculous. Frankly I don't give a heck about any toyota truck or subaru, but you don't need my permission to do as you please and buy something else while the rest of us hit the trails.

lithe1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Firecracker Red
Thank you for the information.
My JLUR has also been unloaded in Roper, but back on 2/9. I’m guessing it’s been sitting there waiting for a few more Wranglers destined for Boise to unload before a truck comes for transport.

My checks with Jeep chat have been saying ETA is about sometime between 2/21-2/26. Let’s hope that’s the latest for the dealership delivery.

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Has anyone else noticed that those of us stuck in I or JB all had our Jeeps built around 1-20 to 2-1? I wonder what happened...
@snelldogg @simpleJL @KMoses @Jcsieman @JaytheJeepGuy @dgriffin1671 @mortimer @mandown
Hey I’m feeling left out of this pity party! Ordered 12/6 and been stuck in I since 1/26. I don’t care how many people tell me everything is fine and they’re just backed up (according to Jeep Chat, my dealer and brand mentors) I’m not buying it. Something is going on...

Sponsored

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My JLUR has also been unloaded in Roper, but back on 2/9. I’m guessing it’s been sitting there waiting for a few more Wranglers destined for Boise to unload before a truck comes for transport.

My checks with Jeep chat have been saying ETA is about sometime between 2/21-2/26. Let’s hope that’s the latest for the dealership delivery.
I heard that most often the longest part of the shipping process is getting it off the train and on the truck. Mine hasn't gotten to its stop, but it looks like you are nearing the final stretch! Rooting for you, post up some pics when you pick it up.

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
We can all be sympathetic to those that are experiencing delays on a brand new vehicle, but seriously? Have you even owned an FCA product before? I have only owned FCA products and would consider myself brand loyal. Tracking on my jk order was awesome, with a nice website and all. Maybe not all dealers, but most have exceptional customer service. All my vehicles have never had any issues. I do know they exist, but to act like they are the worst is ridiculous. Frankly I don't give a heck about any toyota truck or subaru, but you don't need my permission to do as you please and buy something else while the rest of us hit the trails.
While I appreciate the encouragement and first person experience, and it does make me feel a little better, let’s not pretend I’m talking crazy talk by saying FCU has the most (collective) unreliable vehicles of all the brands. No matter what you use for a third party independent source, it will show pretty much the same conclusion.....Jeep, Chrysler, and First and formost Dodge, at the bottom of the barrel. So, yes, I am serious and no I don’t think my concern is ridiculous. And yes, my family had a lot of dodges, I’ve owned a Jeep and a Ram. I had better luck than them, and believe the Wrangler will, mechanically, be okay. But I’ve seen where JLs broke down already and my experience with the build process has been....alarming. I don’t think my concerns are too far fetched at this point to be honest.

Also, I wouldn’t call a month in “final inspection” or my salesman sending me different order dates and VIN numbers with each update just “a delay”. And I didn’t say Subaru bc I think they are great....I just know they have decent all wheel drive for the winter where I live and they are safe and cheap.

55697614-47B6-4C66-AEC9-E86A9FB0A0B0.jpeg

Last edited:

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
While I appreciate the encouragement and first person experience, and it does make me feel a little better, let’s not pretend I’m talking crazy talk by saying FCU has the most (collective) unreliable vehicles of all the brands. No matter what you use for a third party independent source, it will show pretty much the same conclusion.....Jeep, Chrysler, and First and formost Dodge, at the bottom of the barrel. So, yes, I am serious and no I don’t think my concern is ridiculous. And yes, my family had a lot of dodges, I’ve owned a Jeep and a Ram. I had better luck than them, and believe the Wrangler will, mechanically, be okay. But I’ve seen where JLs broke down already and my experience with the build process has been....alarming. I don’t think my concerns are too far fetched at this point to be honest.

Also, I wouldn’t call a month in “final inspection” or my salesman sending me different order dates and VIN numbers with each update just “a delay”. And I didn’t say Subaru bc I think they are great....I just know they have decent all wheel drive for the winter where I live and they are safe and cheap.

I dunno, look at Chevy/GMC/Cadillac. Look how many vehicles are offered by each brand and therefore their average score. The FCA brand has 16 vehicles total, Chevy has 15 alone.

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
I think the tow package is the issue. I have that as well and got held up. But I don’t have the mats or head liners
I have tow package as well. 3.5 weeks in “I”. So you could be right, but my question is if it is a parts/package issue, how did it get to final inspection? Wouldn’t that be something they caught before then?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I have tow package as well. 3.5 weeks in “I”. So you could be right, but my question is if it is a parts/package issue, how did it get to final inspection? Wouldn’t that be something they caught before then?
I have the tow pkg, ordered on 2/2 and am in KZ as of yesterday

Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Wow! I have to say that this thread is getting heated today. While I understand the frustration of some folks, there are some things I would like to point out. Just my opinion, and I am not trying to stir the pot.
1) I think the JEEP and FCA woefully underestimated the initial demand for one of the most anticipated vehicle releases in a while. Yes the JEEP chat and the order tracking methods are not ideal, the folks at chat are really trying to help us track our vehicles.
2) I think they opened the pre-order a bit too early, while trying to simultaneously produce the outgoing model (JK), and then to further complicate the production process add in JL along with the JLU. Again this may impact how fast deliveries are occurring.
3) If you are having troubles tracking your order through your dealer, cut them out of the process. Although my dealer would be updating me, they (all of the dealers in my area) are entirely clueless. Example: Ordering opened in Oct or Nov if memory serves me, but my dealer finally reluctantly allowed me to order after numerous visits. Hell I talked to my salesman and he told me that they had JL training but would not have units available to touch. I told him that the trainers would bring units to train on. Low and behold, he called me the next day to come in because there were units there. I would blame the dealer / salesman in cases where order tracking is being frustrated by incompetency or apathy.

We are all adults, and make adult decisions, if you feel like voting with dollars that you actually haven't even spent yet waiting on a vehicle to be delivered that is entirely up to you, but do not blame an entire manufacturer for the incompetent dealership that you may be dealing with. I will continue to track my own order with the help of chat and the VIN/Build sheet, and customer service.

Rant complet, please resume your normally scheduled activities.

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Im not trying to debate anything I'm just speaking from experience, but the "polls" are a bit like the political polls these past few years. This being a new model I think everyone assumes the worst of it will appear now in the first year and the kinks worked out from there. If yours is flawed I would think you would rather have it taken care of before delivery. Needless to say, even though this forum is great for venting about the shipping struggles, I don't think everyone appreciates bashing FCA and threatening to buy a "more reliable car". but thats just my two cents

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
I dunno, look at Chevy/GMC/Cadillac. Look how many vehicles are offered by each brand and therefore their average score. The FCA brand has 16 vehicles total, Chevy has 15 alone.
Okay, second worse then :like: ha. I get you like the brand and have had good experiences...and I know my frustrations are coming out all at once and that rubs some wrong...I have no problem either hat and appreciate the input. I know any brand/vehicle can have isolated issues, but the point stands that they don’t have “the best” reputation and this is getting a little nuts. Not how you want to start. It’s like you start dating a girl that has a reputation for cheating, and halfway through the first day you find her flirting with the bus boy while you’re in the bathroom. :crying: Ha 3 month’s into a build and I have no clue what’s going on and my sales guy has sent me 3 different VINs across various “updates” :facepalm: lol

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Okay, second worse then :like: ha. I get you like the brand and have had good experiences...and I know my frustrations are coming out all at once and that rubs some wrong...I have no problem either hat and appreciate the input. I know any brand/vehicle can have isolated issues, but the point stands that they don’t have “the best” reputation and this is getting a little nuts. Not how you want to start. It’s like you start dating a girl that has a reputation for cheating, and halfway through the first day you find her flirting with the bus boy while you’re in the bathroom. :crying: Ha 3 month’s into a build and I have no clue what’s going on and my sales guy has sent me 3 different VINs across various “updates” :facepalm: lol
Actually I've never owned an FCA product, hah! I've owned a '79 CJ7 but that's not really relevant. Sorry about your problems, hope it works out for you!

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
Actually I've never owned an FCA product, hah! I've owned a '79 CJ7 but that's not really relevant. Sorry about your problems, hope it works out for you!
Ha, thanks! I’ll pribably wake up feeling a little better about it tomorrow. But (as some comments have rightfully pointed out) I think half my frustration is at the dealership/bad information and confusing responses my salesman is sending me about the problem more than the problem itself. Hopefully it will all workout by the time I need it to. In the meantime, I’ll try to be patient with FCA and try not to let the doofus salemen set me off too much :angry: :giggle:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.