Not open for further replies.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Well, i just got an update from the dealer. Apparently mine has NOT been unloaded from the railcar as previously reported. it is still on the railcar. I have been told there is a disabled vehicle on the railcar that is blocking all the others in (including mine, hope mine is not the disabled one) and they are waiting for its removal. Whatever that entails. So apparently it's in the hands/control of the railroad company at this point and I have no idea at what speed they move.
Ugh
Sponsored

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Ordered 1/11. My timing is fine and not complaining. Like most others i hope/expected the build process to begin on 2/3 as it was on my POC sheet when i went to D1.
I also ordered 1/11 and my eta was 2/5...so I guess we will see if I get any movement today.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
apparently Manual Rubicons are not popular within 125 miles of me, as mine is the only one! :like:
Untitled.png

darylkeys

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler TJ Sahara & 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon!
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Vehicle Showcase
I enjoy reading everyone getting their Jeeps and hearing about updates. If I am being honest i have read 302 pages of updates simply hoping to see when the list will be opened for new folks to get tracked. If not up to date I will likely miss the window. Would be really great to know when that might be as so many have been delivered or are about to be.

@JAY @JLWF Dealer Guy

Just my .02
Kinda funny, but in my opinion by the time all the "original tracked" orders are delivered and tracking opens back up (if it does), likely a LARGE portion of all the Jeepers waiting to get added to the tracking list will have been delivered already. In this case, it looks like it paid to wait rather than commit to Jeep early when ordering.

Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
My "What you have ordered" is on page 29 of that thread. My order was placed 2018-01-30 VON 40995713. MY VIN is 1C4HJXEGXJW160142 Status is D1 Estimated ship date 2018-02-13
1/4/18 UPDATE:

We're now at 217 orders (two more than planned) so as Imentioned earlier, we're now officially CLOSED from accepting new orders to track for the time being.

mgrowc1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
For anyone wondering about timelines to Louisiana/Mississippi here is mine:

12/29 Rubicon ordered
A couple weeks later got a “ship date” of 1/24 - which is when it entered the build stage
1/27 hit G (trim stage)
1/29 hit I (finished build and in quality)
2/3 hit KZ (released from plant and awaiting shipping) with an ETA of 2/17 to 2/21.

So all in all about a month to finish the build from order and ~a week through quality. Looking at a total time of 7-8 weeks. FWIW I got a rubicon with premium soft top and all options except leather seats.

HRP

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon & 2018 JLUR
My dealer just called......in 'G'....so I'm progressing .... but really worried about the later stages....that on top of a long train ride.
Going 4 wheeling for a week in Az....it will take my mind off the process ... till I get back......!!!!!

leafsfan1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sahara unlimited
As humans its natural to wanna be in control of what effects us. I know first hand how hard it is waiting for the new Jeep to be delivered(mine is still on a train) I realized a while back there was no sense in losing sleep and being obsessed over something that i have absolutely no control over .

Thanks again to @JLWF Dealer Guy and @JAY for everything you do for the members of this forum . Your awesome guys !!

Last edited:

jb2980

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2017 Explorer XLT; 2013 Shelby GT500; 1985 Mustang GT
apparently Manual Rubicons are not popular within 125 miles of me, as mine is the only one! :like:
Untitled.png
Same here which sealed the deal on ordering it from the factory. If you want stick you have to order it for the most part -- or accept a base very low optioned model if you can find one. Even on a lot full of dozens of 17/18 JKs none are manual. Lazy new generation lol.

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here which sealed the deal on ordering it from the factory. If you want stick you have to order it for the most part -- or accept a base very low optioned model if you can find one. Even on a lot full of dozens of 17/18 JKs none are manual. Lazy new generation lol.
Agreed!

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As human its natural to wanna be in control of what effects us. I know first hand how hard it is waiting for the new Jeep to be delivered(mine is still on a train) I realized a while back there was no sense in losing sleep and being obsessed over something that i have absolutely no control over .

Thanks again to @JLWF Dealer Guy and @JAY for everything you do for the members of this forum . Your awesome guys !!
You’re right, it’s good to sit back and things will happen when they happen. I’m a positive person, I’m on my second order, and this is a much longer experience than I had anticipated. But what am I going to do? I’m going to enjoy this forum, because let’s face it, everyone in this forum rocks! :rock: Not only that, but we are learning so much from one another. And @JAY and @JLWF Dealer Guy are badass.

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I was about to stick up for myself for getting an auto by saying part of my reason was to get the remote start. But, that makes me feel even more lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.