Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
@JLWF Dealer Guy / @JAY

Just wondering when FCA gives off the financial responsibility to the dealer? Is it literally at KZ? That appears to be when it's invoiced OR is it when it's physically left their plant and actively being shipped OR is it when it hit's the ground at the dealer?

I went KZ in the past day or so and last night the invoice (windows sticker) is now showing. I'm expecting my dealer to email me with an update OR maybe he'll wait till he has a better ETA and it's in the shipping queue.

Thanks and if this was asked before I did a quick search and couldn't find it. Just curious.
Sponsored

Fuggedaboudit

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
seems like i am moving through the build process, in G today after being in F for two days. still hoping to be on that truck with papa and pickles next week. i still just show as D1 on the spreadsheet though

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
@JLWF Dealer Guy / @JAY

Just wondering when FCA gives off the financial responsibility to the dealer? Is it literally at KZ? That appears to be when it's invoiced OR is it when it's physically left their plant and actively being shipped OR is it when it hit's the ground at the dealer?

I went KZ in the past day or so and last night the invoice (windows sticker) is now showing. I'm expecting my dealer to email me with an update OR maybe he'll wait till he has a better ETA and it's in the shipping queue.

Thanks and if this was asked before I did a quick search and couldn't find it. Just curious.
My dealer told me when it hit KZ he was invoiced and the interest clock starts ticking.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer told me when it hit KZ he was invoiced and the interest clock starts ticking.

That's what I thought, hope, it's in there best interest now to help BUT I think they're at the mercy of trains / shipping for the next few weeks. I would also guess that if it's close to hitting the ground at the end of the month they'll prioritize to get me in there and take delivery!

Thanks Cobra!

Sponsored

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
That's what I thought, hope, it's in there best interest now to help BUT I think they're at the mercy of trains / shipping for the next few weeks. I would also guess that if it's close to hitting the ground at the end of the month they'll prioritize to get me in there and take delivery!

Thanks Cobra!
They are at the mercy of the trains but when it hit the rail yard

Thanks Cobra!
They are at the mercy of the trains but once mine hit the rail yard, my dealer was on the phone to the rail yard mgr. to expedite the truck delivery.

ekometti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge 392, 2015 Cayenne S
I went from D to D1 to JB in less than a week (placed Nov 29 or so). According to Crystal my Jeep has been built and is pending installation of optional equipment.

Shay.Bear

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
And your answer?!? I hope it was something like, Hell Yeah!!

CONGRATS!!!
Thank you! I told him I’m DYING to come get it tonight but had to ask if he knew what time it will be there because I go into work at 5:crying:worst case I’ll be there right when they open at 9 tomorrow!

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I'm at JB too!!!

I placed a order on 10/26 that sat in D1 for over 65 days when my first dealer decided to tell me they'd no longer honor the tread lightly discount, needless to say I cancelled my order.

I called Craig at Koons, got a better deal and car moved 10x faster then it did at my original dealer. :party:

Sponsored

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Dgriff, Jeep chat just said I was KZ! Hopefully both of ours are being loaded up on a truck to Knoxville!
Jeep chat just told me the ETA needs to be updated. Couldn't give me a status. I asked if it was still in "I" and he just said the ETA should be updated later today. He wouldn't clarify after interrogating him for specifics. I'm hoping the fact yours is in KZ, means mine is right behind it.

AStach09

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
And Tragedy has struck. They cannot give me my wrangler today since the 4WD light is stuck on even when it isnt in 4WD. Basically my jeep has failed its inspection.... :'(

Was told that FCA technicians will be working on it, and they do not have any other updated....
..... hopefully I can pick it up soon.....

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
It seems the percentage of folks on this forum with out the door quality issues is pretty high with the JL. Starting to wonder if buying a 2018 isn't a really bad idea...

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
It seems the percentage of folks on this forum with out the door quality issues is pretty high with the JL. Starting to wonder if buying a 2018 isn't a really bad idea...
Somebody has to be the first adopters for the production to continue right? I'm just doing my duty :)

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Day 5 in "I" for me.

There's a decent group of us sitting in I, unfortunately.

Chat informed me that there are random grabs off of the line that get inspected. Not all vehicles do. So, with this in mind, I suppose it's a good thing to be randomly selected for sloth "I" torture. At least they should catch obvious flaws before it gets shipped.

In theory.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.