JJJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Sahara YJ in Sage Green
@JLWF Dealer Guy
Is there anything you know that can be done or that I should be doing after being in D1 for 80 days plus now? I called Jeep chat the first time yesterday and there is not even an ETA on this thing anymore. I feel I usually have some decent patience but since now it looks like I might miss being able to use my $500 coupon that expires 2/28 I am not too pleased with how this is playing out.
Sponsored

JJJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Sahara YJ in Sage Green
What have you been told by your dealership?
I tried to see if there was anything they could do and they tried to go via a Chrysler route I believe but ultimately same basic delay I get with Jeep chat etc. The dealer believed I might have better success on my own. I dont like to argue/gripe much and probably would be fine even if it didnt come until end of March if I was still able to use the $500 coupon. Unfortunately though it expires 2/28

TduP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, Lexus RX 350 Fsport
Man... how long does it take to load the train? My Jeep has been built and waiting for a week in Toledo, and now the ETA to the dealer is 4 days later!!:mad::angry::computerrage:

This is kill'n me!!!!

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Man... how long does it take to load the train? My Jeep has been built and waiting for a week in Toledo, and now the ETA to the dealer is 4 days later!!:mad::angry::computerrage:

This is kill'n me!!!!
They are probably waiting for enough Wranglers to stack up to make a full shipment.

They don't send them out one-by-one. They get enough for a full train load then ship them together.

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
@JLWF Dealer Guy
Is there anything you know that can be done or that I should be doing after being in D1 for 80 days plus now? I called Jeep chat the first time yesterday and there is not even an ETA on this thing anymore. I feel I usually have some decent patience but since now it looks like I might miss being able to use my $500 coupon that expires 2/28 I am not too pleased with how this is playing out.
You are at their mercy unfortunately.

shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! 80 days in D1. I was disappointed because people that ordered after me are heading out on trains and trucks and will have theirs before me while mine just sits at the VDC collecting dust. But 80 days in D1...that's unfortunate and gives me little room to complain.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
And really at the end of the day you're at the railroads mercy. Having had the distinct pleasure dealing with rail operators while shipping crude oil by rail, I can assure you that the railroad gives zero f*cks.

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
And really at the end of the day you're at the railroads mercy. Having had the distinct pleasure dealing with rail operators while shipping crude oil by rail, I can assure you that the railroad gives zero f*cks.
I used to pick up train crews with a cab service. They are almost all conceited a-holes that collect a fat paycheck and don't give a damn about anyone else that isn't also a rail roader.

Sponsored

shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. And if you and I know this I'm sure FCA knows it and would at least try to make sure that the VDC is logistically first in-first out. Its definitely BS that someone who orders 3 weeks after me in MD or VA gets theirs delivered before me...and others in the same situation as me like JoeyJoeJoe.

gumbyhoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '87 YJ '96 TJ '06 TJ '11 WKII '13 JK 2dr Sport Current: '18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well since no one has asked yet, @JAY or @JLWF Dealer Guy or anyone else, do we know what NITRO means as a last location? Sounds pretty awesome, but my ETA got bumped back a few days too, so not great.

Reactions: mln

shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well since no one has asked yet, @JAY or @JLWF Dealer Guy or anyone else, do we know what NITRO means as a last location? Sounds pretty awesome, but my ETA got bumped back a few days too, so not great.
No Information To Really Offer:cwl:

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
Agreed. And if you and I know this I'm sure FCA knows it and would at least try to make sure that the VDC is logistically first in-first out. Its definitely BS that someone who orders 3 weeks after me in MD or VA gets theirs delivered before me...and others in the same situation as me like JoeyJoeJoe.
Let's all tread lightly here. There's bound to be a railroad guy on the forum. And rail cars have a bizarre tendency to get lost. Our JL's will be in Canada before we know it, eh? Haha.

shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Let's all tread lightly here. There's bound to be a railroad guy on the forum. And rail cars have a bizarre tendency to get lost. Our JL's will be in Canada before we know it, eh? Haha.
So maybe the back will be filled with Molson and/or Labatts?:beer:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.