Status
Not open for further replies.

darylkeys

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler TJ Sahara & 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon!
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Vehicle Showcase

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I figured i'd get my JLUR wrapped and run the tires for a few years until its time to replace, then upgrade and lift. Why not take advantage of the tires for a while?
I was going to do the same thing, but I have a set of 35s im taking off my 2 door anyways before trading it (putting stock back on, thats why i always keep stock parts!) and my wifes 2015 Rubi needs shoes soon...so shes getting the 33s. Worked out in my case...but yea If I didnt already have 35s to go on...id run those 33s into the dirt before shelling out $1000+ on new shoes.

Edit: the only thing im debating is buying black JL lug nuts for my black aluminum JK rims...or if I will just rock the stock chrome lugs on my black rims...figured I would wait to see what it looks like before I spend the money (I know its like $35 for new black JL lugs...but thats $35 I could put in something else). I feel like ive already hemmoraged money just to buy the thing lol

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Ordered my JLUS on Jan 4th,
Went from D1 to F (Build stage: painting) today!

Excited to get this puppy. Hope others that ordered at the beginning of the new year could use this as a gauge for their time table of delivery.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I figured i'd get my JLUR wrapped and run the tires for a few years until its time to replace, then upgrade and lift. Why not take advantage of the tires for a while?
Not everyone is patient! They want 35s and a lift right away and that means new wheels and tires. For off-road it makes a difference too so it is not necessarily just for looks.

At any rate you don't get anywhere near market value for those tires even when they are new but since they came included most people look at whatever they get as gravy.

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Ordered mine 1/4, and am currently in D1 status.

Does anyone know???
I plan on getting new wheels, 20” and tires. What do you plan on doing with your stock wheels and tires when you get your new ones? Are you selling them or trading them in somewhere?

Any recommendations on what I should do with mine to get value for them?
Asked my dealer, they would give me a credit for the original tires towards the new ones, if I was to upgrade my tires as planned ; getting KO2 instead of the Bridgestone Dueler on my 18 standard Sahara rims, this way I don’t have to have 2 sets of wheels or tires, having to store them and switch them twice a year (it’s mandatory in Quebec to have winter/snow approved tires from Dec 15th to March 15th).

ijeep2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon (Sand Spider) and 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (RedCat)
We need to start a separate thread for those of those have aging orders with little or no progress. I’m stoked for those getting theirs or getting close. However, having no understanding of the holdup for some of our orders is a big bummer. I’ve tried Jeep chat and the dealer and nobody has any insight. I’m cool with being patient but just want to make sure nothing is wrong.

Orders JLUR 12/4, went D1 1/9 with a delivery date of 1/27. Don’t think that’s happening anytime soon.
I am in the same boat...ordered 12/22 and went D1 01/10 and stuck ever since.

Penance81

First Name
Tillman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 12/22 as of today in KZ T status. Delivery date keeps jumping earlier and earlier so we will see currently showing eta 2/10-2/14 no idea what its typical time from KZ T to delivered.

ijeep2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon (Sand Spider) and 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (RedCat)
You’re blessed. I have a similar order on 12/21 and was told this morning there is no scheduled date to begin building.
I am thinking they have run out of red paint :crying: I have almost exact the same build as you except hard top, order 12/22 and I have been stuck in D1 with no reason and no schedule date, especially no ship date. I have my dealer checking with the FCA rep to see if there is an option that I ordered that is back ordered and holding up the process, I ordered every option but upgraded wheels and smokers group.

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
When I trade mine in the stock JL wheels and tires are going on my JK and my JK's 35" tires and wheels are going on my JL.

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Not everyone is patient! They want 35s and a lift right away and that means new wheels and tires. For off-road it makes a difference too so it is not necessarily just for looks.

At any rate you don't get anywhere near market value for those tires even when they are new but since they came included most people look at whatever they get as gravy.
I only need one set of wheels & tires and if I plan on upgrading I mind as well get something for brand new factory wheel & tires as opposed to getting nothing for 2year old used wheels and tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.