jb2980

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2017 Explorer XLT; 2013 Shelby GT500; 1985 Mustang GT
WOO HOO! What date did you order?
Dealer entered my order on 1/11 as well -- it went to D1 with a VIN on 1/19 and my estimated ship/build whatever date is 2/5 also. Hopefully they stick to that date but no guarantee they change that date frequently. At least it is sequenced for production (in theory)
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Is it me or does the granite crystal color look darker in the new arrival pics than it did on the Jeep build website? I still think it looks great but when I ordered thought it was slightly lighter. Or is it the lighting maybe?

1584A598-5508-4CAB-ACFA-3F0D26661A70.png

8CA7D02E-A297-4F8B-8BC7-151BD53AA8C7.png
Hey, that is a pic of my Jeep! Where did you find that?

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
I don't have the order paper but the dealer just sent me a text message:

Order Date: 1-22-18
VON: 40943967
VIN: 1C4HJXCG8JW156464

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
No it is definitely darker, I have seen several in person and from some angles it looks almost black.

My Ram is Granite Crystal. It's a great color and probably the one that changes most with different lighting. Enjoy

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Check your VON. If it’s listed on there you have it. Not sure if the Sahara comes w/ LSD standard or not, as I’ve only been looking at/ interested in the Sport S.
Were you with him when he did the order on the computer? If it was required he would have had to click to accept it (similar to the way Jeep.com requires you to accept changes when selecting options) and would have had to pick an all terrain tire code.
Check with him again and ask if your build has the following two codes: DEM (manual) DEZ (standard, non LSD axle.) If it has DEM and DSA you have the LSD axle.
Hey @TPFilm1994 and thanks for the answer :)
No, I wasn’t with him when he placed the order on the computer, was with the finance guy; I know they also had to modify my order a couple days later, through the FCA rep, since I added a couple features afterwards. When I mentioned the LSD hold thing tonight, he said if it was mandatory it would come automatically with, and he wouldn’t have been able to order as is...
Gotta ask about the build, but will definitely talk to him because when I see how much later than me some have ordered, and they already have a VIN, that’s weird and unusually long for me to have gotten one yet...

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
Def ask. My dealer thought the same thing last week. I asked him to check after I read about it here. Nothing changed on the order and he also assumed it would just be automatically added. Jeep Chat is where I got my answer from and the GM is checking with their Jeep rep tomorrow (Friday) about adding it to my order since it isn’t even scheduled for build, and won’t be considered for scheduling until mid-February.

The first reference on the forum to the LSD issue was January 5. A member created a thread titled dealer
Says LSD is Required, or something like that. If I remember correctly, he said he ordered On Tuesday, January 2, and his dealer contacted him on Friday, January 5 about needing the LSD. He ordered a Sahara w/ manual trans.

Can’t remember, what did you order? Def get the build sheet from him. That will list the features of your build. It’s called a Printed Order Confirmation (POC) and he should have no problem giving it or emailing a PDF to you.

Hey @TPFilm1994 and thanks for the answer :)
No, I wasn’t with him when he placed the order on the computer, was with the finance guy; I know they also had to modify my order a couple days later, through the FCA rep, since I added a couple features afterwards. When I mentioned the LSD hold thing tonight, he said if it was mandatory it would come automatically with, and he wouldn’t have been able to order as is...
Gotta ask about the build, but will definitely talk to him because when I see how much later than me some have ordered, and they already have a VIN, that’s weird and unusually long for me to have gotten one yet...

Last edited:

JoeJohnsonDC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Is it me or does the granite crystal color look darker in the new arrival pics than it did on the Jeep build website? I still think it looks great but when I ordered thought it was slightly lighter. Or is it the lighting maybe?

1584A598-5508-4CAB-ACFA-3F0D26661A70.png

8CA7D02E-A297-4F8B-8BC7-151BD53AA8C7.png
She looks beautiful either way... but it's something about that live shot!:involve:

- Joe

JoeJohnsonDC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
We need to start a separate thread for those of those have aging orders with little or no progress. I’m stoked for those getting theirs or getting close. However, having no understanding of the holdup for some of our orders is a big bummer. I’ve tried Jeep chat and the dealer and nobody has any insight. I’m cool with being patient but just want to make sure nothing is wrong.

Orders JLUR 12/4, went D1 1/9 with a delivery date of 1/27. Don’t think that’s happening anytime soon.
We need to start a separate thread for those of those have aging orders with little or no progress. I’m stoked for those getting theirs or getting close. However, having no understanding of the holdup for some of our orders is a big bummer. I’ve tried Jeep chat and the dealer and nobody has any insight. I’m cool with being patient but just want to make sure nothing is wrong.

Orders JLUR 12/4, went D1 1/9 with a delivery date of 1/27. Don’t think that’s happening anytime soon.

@banessi I hear you... at least you have a delivery date; I'm in the Washington DC area, ordered on 12/6 and my delivery date is TBD. Doing my best to stay patient, definitely happy for all others who've received theirs, but without spreadsheet updates from @JAY and @JLWF Dealer Guy we all would be COMPLETELY in the dark.

shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I'm picturing Devs sitting at the dealer already this morning. He's already gotten out and stretched his head over the fence to see his JL 5 times. The sales team doesn't get there until 9:00 but he talked the service guys into letting him sit in his new ride until his salesman arrives. Or he text him last night and told him to be there @ 0700 :)
Don't know about Devs, but you described me to a T!! :sun:

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
today is the day I make the list, im feeling it.....1/25 was my ETA (build as we call it), 1/26 dont fail me now!

shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like orders going to Koons in VA go straight truck with no rail in between and those going to Criswell in MD go rail first which can slow things down a few days. I guess another reason to order from Koons?

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like orders going to Koons in VA go straight truck with no rail in between and those going to Criswell in MD go rail first which can slow things down a few days. I guess another reason to order from Koons?
Could be because Koons took delivery of like 6 or 7 at once....might have just been more effective to load them all on one truck and send it, but the occasional solos and twofers probably get trained out. (just a guess)

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Firecracker Red
today is the day I make the list, im feeling it.....1/25 was my ETA (build as we call it), 1/26 dont fail me now!
1/23 was my ETA, on 1/23 & 1/24 I was still D1, a/o 1/25 I'm F (confirmed by jeep chat & my dealer). It might take more then 1 day for your status to change so keep checking.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
@JAY @JLWF Dealer Guy

Jeep chat told me I’ve been in D1 for 6 days now. They also gave me a vin: 1C4HJXFG5JW148365

Can you please double check to make sure I’m being accurately tracked? Thank you :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.