Not open for further replies.

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
According to Jeep chat I went from Paint yesterday to JB today. Might get lucky and have it shipped by the end of the month.
Sponsored

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
UPDATE:

Took the JK in for service today. Talked with salesman (Adam) about the build delay. He was just as surprised. They havenā€™t ordered any manuals outside of mine so they were not aware of any issues. The GM has reached out to their Jeep rep to see if we can add the LSD to my current order. The thinking is that since my Jeep only exists in a computer in Toledo (Auburn Hills, maybe?) that a rep should be able to make the change and slip me into the build line since we know they are building manuals with LSD (Koons has one on their lot thatā€™s almost identical to my order w/ exception of safety group and Koonsā€™ has premium top.)

Wonā€™t know until tomorrow if anything can be done.

Update to my order (still only on VON list as I havenā€™t made it out of C yet):

Got the email update from Chanchal from Jeep Chat:

ā€œDear Thomas This Wrangler has an option that is on a material restriction - 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION+ DANA M200 REAR AXLE (DEM + DRZ) ā€“ are not slated to begin production until mid-February. We would encourage you to contact us back in late-February for an update. Thanks Customer Careā€

Ouch!

Sport S, firecracker, manual, soft top, tech and safety, tubular side steps. Ordered 11/16. C as of 12/26.

Question for everyone w/ manuals (past D stage & delivered): what axel did you order?

Tagg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sahara
I see you got the upgraded wheels. What tires did you select with that? Looks like it may be the Goodyear. Just wondering as I got the upgraded wheels with the Dueler ATs. Trying to decide if I want to go put some K02s on them.
I ordered so long ago that I was shooting in the dark on wheels and tires. I donā€™t think I had a choice then for tires. I just basically tried to get the same as I have on my ā€˜15 Sahara which are Bridgestone. My dealer sent the pics, I havenā€™t seen it in person yet but I believe they are Goodyearā€™s.

Sponsored

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Supposedly mine is built and out for "installation of additional items"...whatever that means...lol

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
So far so good at Koons still not to the point that they would try to one over me :whew:

D908FE8D-EA44-49C8-BA89-244F6E68EF42.jpeg

D5A64C02-34DC-4EB9-8AB0-F12A1B7128EA.jpeg
Are the AT tires on this the same you get when you upgrade the tires on the Sahara?

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Today was my ETA and nothing yet, I will check with Jeep chat later to see....holding hope for tomorrow!

Sponsored

Sschmittou

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku 75th anniversary, 2018 JlU rubicon
Occupation
Homeland security
Went to dearship today showed me as KZ

Had a granting rubi similar to my build so I parked my 17 next to it and took a few pictures.

Btw as far as pricing goes I worked out a buy and lease, I am choosing to buy.

Here is the pricing options I had.
Shore2shore credit union just approved me.

72 months
1.99%

$52,610 - $13000 down payment $583
$52,610 $0 down $775

Going to put the $1300 down

Dealer offer lease I rejected, but here is the info.

FFP $49,377 money factor 0.00165 (3.96%) 70% residual. US BANK

36 months, 10k miles, $700 down
$565 monthly
39 months, 10k miles, $700 down
$545

Buyout $36,130 (36) $35,6xx (39)

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
UPDATE:

Took the JK in for service today. Talked with salesman (Adam) about the build delay. He was just as surprised. They havenā€™t ordered any manuals outside of mine so they were not aware of any issues. The GM has reached out to their Jeep rep to see if we can add the LSD to my current order. The thinking is that since my Jeep only exists in a computer in Toledo (Auburn Hills, maybe?) that a rep should be able to make the change and slip me into the build line since we know they are building manuals with LSD (Koons has one on their lot thatā€™s almost identical to my order w/ exception of safety group and Koonsā€™ has premium top.)

Wonā€™t know until tomorrow if anything can be done.
Hey man, that manual with LSD and premium top on Koon's lot is mine! :) It was delivered a few days ago. I ordered it on 12/29 and it flew by the assembly line. It never showed up as D1 on Jay's spreadsheet. It jumped from the 2nd tab directly to "I" and to "KZ" the next day. I believe it shipped to the dealer in VA within a day. So everyone just hanging in there, it moves pretty fast once it is on the line!

JJJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Sahara YJ in Sage Green
starting to feel awful lonely on your spreadsheet. Ive been sitting in D1 since November 10th. My patience is beginning to wear thin this thing better move out of D1 before February as this is just nuts. My dealer had not even placed an order until some 2 weeks after my order and they already have 3 on the lot!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.