Not open for further replies.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I got an estimated ship date finally for my 12/28 order.

Estimated ship is 1/25.

That generally means the build will start next week. Woot!

I'd say from order to built in a month is fairly reasonable. Things are speeding up, yeah?
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I got an estimated ship date finally for my 12/28 order.

Estimated ship is 1/25.

That generally means the build will start next week. Woot!

I'd say from order to built in a month is fairly reasonable. Things are speeding up, yeah?
Congrats, what was your build? The dealer put my order in 12/30, but I haven't made much progress other than getting my VIN #, and the usual response from Jeep we have all the parts necessary to build blah blah blah..... I know I'm being really impatient compared to others who have waited much longer, but I don't have another car to daily drive at the moment, and this is by far the roughest winter I've experienced in Houston(Maybe b/c I'm spending a lot of time on my motorcycle...)

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Congrats, what was your build? The dealer put my order in 12/30, but I haven't made much progress other than getting my VIN #, and the usual response from Jeep we have all the parts necessary to build blah blah blah..... I know I'm being really impatient compared to others who have waited much longer, but I don't have another car to daily drive at the moment, and this is by far the roughest winter I've experienced in Houston(Maybe b/c I'm spending a lot of time on my motorcycle...)
Build is in my signature below.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
9F331234-D624-422E-B3F5-F682C55085F4.jpeg
So, Neuwirth in Wilmington got a Sport S in yesterday (pics and my impressions will be posted later in the confirmed dealer arrivals thread) and my salesman (Adam Wells) allowed me to crawl all over it, drive it around the lot for an hour while he dealt with a customer that was already there. It was so fresh off the truck the shipping paperwork was still in the passenger seat.
I’m posting one document here - Vehicle Shipping Order - so that maybe JLWF Dealer and/ or Jay can use their internet machines and some sleuthing to get a ballpark of build/ hold/ shipping times. This Jeep has 12/17 stamped on the info plate on the driver’s door frame. It was delivered yesterday (Jan 16) from Winston-Salem, NC (the rail yard CDJR in NC and maybe SC & VA, too.) The VON (40383256) and VIN are both listed on the VSO. The shipping date (at least the date the VSO was printed/ created) looks to be 12/29/17.
Well, all looks normal here. 12/17, made in December of 17, it was. KZ on 12/23. 12/29, paper hanging = window sticker, wrapped for shipping. Loaded onto rail car 1/7 unloaded on 1/15 and put on a truck out to the dealer.

Sponsored

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
Well, all looks normal here. 12/17, made in December of 17, it was. KZ on 12/23. 12/29, paper hanging = window sticker, wrapped for shipping. Loaded onto rail car 1/7 unloaded on 1/15 and put on a truck out to the dealer.
Man that was fast. I ordered 12/20 so by that logic I could be seeing it tomorrow.

JJJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Sahara YJ in Sage Green
@JLWF Dealer Guy should I be doing anything?

I am beginning to wonder if this is one of those things where the squeaky wheel gets greased. I ordered back on 11/7 and went to D1 on 11/10 and there I have sat for over 60 days. Should I be calling into someone at Jeep or doing something? I have pretty much just been quietly checking the spreadsheet and hoping for movement but each day same story. Now that several December orders have started moving and Im stll in D1 concerns me as I have a Golden Ticket that expires at the end of February and I am not sure this thing is ever getting built.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just chatted with Alexander at Jeep Chat...supposedly mine has an ETA of 1/25. I'm holding my breath...lol

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
@JLWF Dealer Guy should I be doing anything?

I am beginning to wonder if this is one of those things where the squeaky wheel gets greased. I ordered back on 11/7 and went to D1 on 11/10 and there I have sat for over 60 days. Should I be calling into someone at Jeep or doing something? I have pretty much just been quietly checking the spreadsheet and hoping for movement but each day same story. Now that several December orders have started moving and Im stll in D1 concerns me as I have a Golden Ticket that expires at the end of February and I am not sure this thing is ever getting built.
I don't know if the squeaky wheel thing applies, I see several here that are trying that route with no avail. I hope that we have another big push here soon.

gumbyhoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '87 YJ '96 TJ '06 TJ '11 WKII '13 JK 2dr Sport Current: '18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Welp, Jeep chat just gave me an ETA of 1/23 so at least I've got something new to sustain my unrealistic expectations (not even in D1 on the sheet yet).

Gene.jpg

Order date 12/19 - JLUR, Red, Black Hardtop, Black Fenders, Black Cloth, Infotainment, Safety, Cold Weather, Steel Bumpers, Remote Start, Standard Wheels

Sponsored

jb2980

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2017 Explorer XLT; 2013 Shelby GT500; 1985 Mustang GT
I’d like to make a suggestion:

So that we can all see what (if any) trend or method to the madness, when you post here that you’ve gotten info from Jeep Chat, your dealer, a friend of a friend or ESP, please also list what you ordered. That way we can maybe figure out what the Hell Jeep is doing with our builds.
Dealer still says 4-6 weeks (about 2.5 which have passed), Jeep says the VON doesn't exist in their system and to call back next week (yet I have the POC from the dealer and confirmed it was entered), and unfortunately missed the tracking opportunity here by about two days when it filled up, I will try to get mine in when more ship and it is hopefully reopened so I can learn more. All in all from what I'm reading here from other's experiences not very optimistic for anything short of spring lol.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Dealer still says 4-6 weeks (about 2.5 which have passed), Jeep says the VON doesn't exist in their system and to call back next week (yet I have the POC from the dealer and confirmed it was entered), and unfortunately missed the tracking opportunity here by about two days when it filled up, I will try to get mine in when more ship and it is hopefully reopened so I can learn more. All in all from what I'm reading here from other's experiences not very optimistic for anything short of spring lol.
The chat system is down right now. They couldn't find my VIN/VON in their system.

I'd check back with them later today.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
Welp, Jeep chat just gave me an ETA of 1/23 so at least I've got something new to sustain my unrealistic expectations (not even in D1 on the sheet yet).
Interesting. I have been in E for 4 days but Chat still won't give me an ETA or shipping date.

BoBo

First Name
BoBo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ordered
I've just chatted with Andrew on the Jeep site, says its in D1, same as the sheet (was ordered 12/14/17, D1 on 1/4/18). That's it, no ETA, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.