ORDER TRACKING for your Jeep Wrangler

Status
Not open for further replies.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
That is why I won't use the chat or phone line again. It is for people who are uninformed or who just enjoy frustration. There is no real information there and they have no ability to escalate any request.
Here is my new philosophy for Jeep arrival:
images-11.jpeg
Sponsored

Sschmittou

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku 75th anniversary, 2018 JlU rubicon
Occupation
Homeland security
I guess I don't understand how premium soft top only has a hold up, yet dual top has moved along.
Could it be dual top just gets a hard top for now and they plan to throw a soft top in the trunk before it heads to dealer?

TduP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, Lexus RX 350 Fsport
Yea I am completely in a situation of misunderstanding in just how bad tracking information from Jeeps own 800 number is. People across the forum have gotten so many conflicting reports, and the spreadsheet here seems to be the single most consistent information we have. Everytime I look at that list I see all the people added that ordered much later than me (and those that ordered before me who are still not added yet) and I just go :swear:...not angry :angry::swear:...not mad :mad::swear:...just confused :surprised::swear: like everyone else in this situation of watching people fly by you that ordered long after you.

Happy for all that are enroute, take lots of pictures for us when you get them! :jk:
All "soft top only" are still in "D" as far as I can tell. I ordered 11/4, the first date you could order a soft top only. (Not that ordering early is of any benefit as far as I can tell, as my first order, a dual top automatic, ordered 10/25 is also still in "D" and has been passed by people who ordered the same configuration more than 2 months later.) (Jeep hates me also @Jabs ) And they will tell you anything when you call or message or get your dealer to check. I have supposedly been in D1 or other advanced stages multiple times on both orders. Pitiful communication leads to more frustration, FCA. I will not check again only to disappoint my self further. It will get here when it gets here.

(according to the timeline this forum had a long time ago, we were expecting Job 1 for soft top to be Dec 11. But none have been spotted in the wild from production. Perhaps @BestopTeam can let us know if there was any problems with factory installation of the soft tops.)
I think that you are right on the Soft Top option being the hold up (or at least one of them). On Jeep's website, I looked at just about every model coming to the Tampa Area (prime Soft Top location) and of the 33 "In Transit" JLUs to local dealers (Sport, Sahara and Rubicon)... all are hard tops.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
I have spoken to someone at Bestop, who supplies the soft top for the JL. They will check and see if there is a known problem in installation of the top in the factory or if any have been built with soft top only and get back to me tomorrow.

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think that you are right on the Soft Top option being the hold up (or at least one of them). On Jeep's website, I looked at just about every model coming to the Tampa Area (prime Soft Top location) and of the 33 "In Transit" JLUs to local dealers (Sport, Sahara and Rubicon)... all are hard tops.
If the soft top is the factor, are there any dual top groups beyond D status yet? If so then that kind of negates that idea.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
If the soft top is the factor, are there any dual top groups beyond D status yet? If so then that kind of negates that idea.
Not necessarily. With the dual top option, I’ve read that the hard top is installed and the soft is thrown in the back. If there is a problem at the factory installing the soft top then only our orders would be held up.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not necessarily. With the dual top option, I’ve read that the hard top is installed and the soft is thrown in the back. If there is a problem at the factory installing the soft top then only our orders would be held up.
I see your point...(experience from the JK models) soft tops that are part of a dual top package are just hung on the hinges on the rear roll bar pillar and wrapped in factory plastic still with necessary door surrounds and hardware thrown in the trunk area....hard top sits over top of it all. I remember seeing that from the JK dual top packages when brand new. Maybe you are right and the way the JL soft top surrounds are installed are still being reworked or implemented at the factory assembly line. Its just speculation at this point but I do see your point.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Makes me a bit nervous (dual top) that if the Factory is having issues installing the soft tops, what are our chances of having no issues when we switch out tops? ‍♀

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was E as of last week. It is also a manual.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Makes me a bit nervous (dual top) that if the Factory is having issues installing the soft tops, what are our chances of having no issues when we switch out tops? ‍♀
Don't let speculation grow into worry. It is easy to do, but we must guard against it. Worry gains us nothing.

They have lots of hard tops built before dual or soft tops. They have to transport them in the order they were built. There may be hundreds of soft tops and dual tops already built that may take weeks to ship while they clear out the first Jeeps built. Don't worry, though. They will come in due time.

leafsfan1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sahara unlimited
Kinda interesting how you went into e status the same day as your estimated ship date . I wonder if anyone else has had the same results ? Mine has a estimated ship date of Jan 08/18 so my fingers are crossed that there is a pattern.

Spoke with my dealer this morning and according to him I’m now in E status

Bonzy

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Jeep Jl
That is why I won't use the chat or phone line again. It is for people who are uninformed or who just enjoy frustration. There is no real information there and they have no ability to escalate any request.
Here is my new philosophy for Jeep arrival:
images-11.jpeg
Love it! Great perspective. The waiting is soooo hard
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.