Not open for further replies.

cctvtec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Sahara, Incoming '18 JLU Rubicon
Were you able to change the color through your dealer or did you have to go through a rep? Maybe it was changed just before paint? Wishful thinking? Were you already in D1?

I was in D1 status and just called jeep customer care who then emailed my rep for the change, only took one day.

TraktorE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
VON: 40661370, Order date: 12/06
Thanks for the order tracking!

SisterRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon, soon I hope!!!
Just wondering why we have "order tracking" here if it is not actually tracking them thru the build?
?????

Sponsored

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
got my VIN# from my dealer and they said its starting production...but on the tracking system here its not in D1 yet?

matchews

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I just got off the phone with my dealer who had sent in a request to Chrysler regarding my order not being assigned a VIN for a month, he stated that it was an error/glitch on Chryslers side on updating the system on it. He said my order, although not updated on the actual POC is in G Status and is already being built. He said Chysler apologized for the issue and this has happened to a few orders and was an error on their part updating the system. I did get my VIN number today and says it is still in D, but he assured me that it is actually in G status. If that is correct, then a lot of orders on here are already being built or are built, the system is just not updating the same as it did with the JK that was being tracked. Hope I am correct and I am not giving out false hopes. :fingerscrossed:
I think you are right. I have been assigned a VIN, but the spreadsheet doesn't reflect that. It might have been assigned today though, so we'll see if it shows up tomorrow.
Can you find out where mine is in the queue? ;-)
They are building VIN’s in the JW103xxx and JW104xxx range right now. Most of the assigned VIN’s including mine are much higher. I’m not sure where these initial vehicles are going, possibly dealer allocations, but it looks like it might be a few more weeks before they get into the orders on the spreadsheet. They aren’t perfectly sequenced by VIN, but they are climbing.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
got my VIN# from my dealer and they said its starting production...but on the tracking system here its not in D1 yet?
How would they know?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I dont know, he just called me telling me that he has the VIN#. I told him to text it to me and he did. He also said the first JL should reach their lot on or around christmas.
I can't imagine a dealer knows more than the sources for this site. Talking to some dealers/salesmen is like talking to someone at a bar, well into happy hour. You can hear all kinds of fun stuff. Who knows, though? Maybe he's right.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I think you are right. I have been assigned a VIN, but the spreadsheet doesn't reflect that. It might have been assigned today though, so we'll see if it shows up tomorrow.

They are building VIN’s in the JW103xxx and JW104xxx range right now. Most of the assigned VIN’s including mine are much higher. I’m not sure where these initial vehicles are going, possibly dealer allocations, but it looks like it might be a few more weeks before they get into the orders on the spreadsheet. They aren’t perfectly sequenced by VIN, but they are climbing.
Dealer stock comes after sold orders.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I can't imagine a dealer knows more than the sources for this site. Talking to some dealers/salesmen is like talking to someone at a bar, well into happy hour. You can hear all kinds of fun stuff.
The dealer went to the Chrysler rep for the info.

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner

I believe there are a few orders that have been given a VIN and D1 status but is not showing up on the tracking sheet on here. My VIN is in the JW130 range and per my dealer is already at G status, but I honestly don't know what to believe since there is so much conflicting information out there.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.