Not open for further replies.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Arrived and ready to be picked up :turkey: 2018 JLUS Granite Crystal w color matched hard top. All options except smokers group and dual top. Ordered 04/13 Arrived at local hub by rail 5/27 Arrived at dealer 5/29
Sahara.jpg
You must have the unicorn...congratulations!

Threads
Reaction score
Website
from2hito4lo.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 JKUR
Rubicon JL
Date ordered: 01/24/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 04/15/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 05/14/18 08:52:00 PM
Production Status KZ Received0 5/14/18 09:45:00 PM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 05/14/18 11:16:00 PM TOLEDO, OH VDC
Railcar Departure / Yard Exit 05/18/18 07:39:10 AM TOLEDO, OH VDC
In-Transit 05/21/18 10:30:00 AM TERRE COUPEE, IN
Rail Junction Delivery to Interconnect Carrier 05/21/18 02:12:00 PM GIBSON, IN
Rail Interconnect Carrier 05/21/18 07:00:00 PM GIBSON, IN
Rail Interconnect Carrier 05/23/18 07:02:00 PM BLUE ISLAND, IL
In-Transit Report Station, Rail Arrival 05/24/18 08:54:00 AM FORT MADISON, IA
In-Transit 05/25/18 07:51:00 AM FORT MADISON, IA
In-Transit 05/25/18 05:18:00 PM KANSAS CITY, KS
In-Transit 05/26/18 10:42:00 AM OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Railhead, Railcar Ingate (Arrival) 05/26/18 04:23:00 PM ALLIANCE, TX

Sport JL
Date ordered: 04/24/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 05/02/2018
Estimated delivery: 05/24/2018 - 06/03/2018
Built pending inspection: 05/09/18 12:56:00 PM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 05/09/18 03:01:00 PM TOLEDO, OH
Production Status KZ Received 05/09/18 03:49:00 PM
Railcar Departure / Yard Exit 05/14/18 04:15:04 PM TOLEDO, OH
Rail Junction Delivery to Interconnect Carrier 05/24/18 06:05:00 AM GIBSON, IN
In-Transit 05/25/18 10:54:00 AM BLUE ISLAND, IL
In-Transit Report Station, Rail Arrival 05/26/18 01:27:00 AM FORT MADISON, IA

This will show you how screwed up the FCA building and shipping is. The Rubicon is an order that I noticed that was going basically the same route as my sport. The Rubicon was ordered before but was built after the Sport but the delay after yard exit put the Rubicon ahead of the Sport, getting to the place that it gets loaded on a truck faster than the Sport. Glad they are getting shipped, just thought I would share.
This may not be the best place to pose this question but is this from something that you used to track your Jeep yourself? Ordered mine on March 23rd, started inquiring about status through Jeep chat a few weeks ago and found it was built but shipping arrangements hadn't been finalized yet so in KZ status now for 30 days. My dealer is literally no help at all. I had my case escalated and all that got me was a canned email essentially saying due to high volume its waiting to ship, ETA TBD, don't call us we'll call you but boy thanks for ordering a Jeep. Anyone else have this kind of problem??

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
This may not be the best place to pose this question but is this from something that you used to track your Jeep yourself?
that info is contained in the tracking spreadsheet on this forum you can sign up for. it gives you relatively consistent data on the status, especially once your vehicle starts moving.

Once my Jeep started in transit, I could watch it travel down the east coast to Georgia by the 1-2x daily status - was good peace of mind.

but waiting for it to move out of D/D1.....

Sponsored

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
I almost have “jeep delivery guit” for the few of you that waited as long or nearly as long as I did.
There are people having to wait a ridiculous amount of time from order to delivery. Some of it can't be helped - if you ordered a 2DR in December, but they don't start building them until April - well your wait actually started in April. If you ordered in October but ordered a "late-availability" color like Ocean Blue - your wait started around 6-feb when the color went live. It's difficult to consider time something isn't physically available as wait time, at least for me.

having said that - many people have waited a long time. I waited right at 12 weeks from order to delivery. Some get lucky and get it in 4-6 weeks (as was advertised when ordered). Others have waited much, much longer than 12 weeks. A few are on their THIRD order - talk about nightmares.

It was said that once you get your Jeep, the wait is forgotten and its all unicorns and rainbows. Not for me. I'm still irritated some about my wait, and more importantly I'm irritated that there are others waiting (what I consider) unreasonable amounts of time for THEIR order. I mean, we can track a bag of Cheetos from the warehouse to my front door; why is a $40-$50k vehicle different?

Don't get me wrong - happy I have the Jeep, and from the cost savings (for me) it was worth the wait ordering. There was no way I was going to get a Rubicon off the lot for what I paid, anywhere - even if I did find a configuration that was close to what I wanted. But I can say this - the ordering experience I had with this vehicle (first Jeep, not first FCA) will definitely influence my next vehicle purchase. Not sure if I'll go with a different brand entirely or get something off the lot - but unless things change over in their world, I don't think I'll enter the "order-wait-experience" with these clowns again.

Not my circus, not my monkeys - but if it was, I'd be burning down the big top and putting together something a lot more efficient.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
There are people having to wait a ridiculous amount of time from order to delivery. Some of it can't be helped - if you ordered a 2DR in December, but they don't start building them until April - well your wait actually started in April. If you ordered in October but ordered a "late-availability" color like Ocean Blue - your wait started around 6-feb when the color went live. It's difficult to consider time something isn't physically available as wait time, at least for me.

having said that - many people have waited a long time. I waited right at 12 weeks from order to delivery. Some get lucky and get it in 4-6 weeks (as was advertised when ordered). Others have waited much, much longer than 12 weeks. A few are on their THIRD order - talk about nightmares.

It was said that once you get your Jeep, the wait is forgotten and its all unicorns and rainbows. Not for me. I'm still irritated some about my wait, and more importantly I'm irritated that there are others waiting (what I consider) unreasonable amounts of time for THEIR order. I mean, we can track a bag of Cheetos from the warehouse to my front door; why is a $40-$50k vehicle different?

Don't get me wrong - happy I have the Jeep, and from the cost savings (for me) it was worth the wait ordering. There was no way I was going to get a Rubicon off the lot for what I paid, anywhere - even if I did find a configuration that was close to what I wanted. But I can say this - the ordering experience I had with this vehicle (first Jeep, not first FCA) will definitely influence my next vehicle purchase. Not sure if I'll go with a different brand entirely or get something off the lot - but unless things change over in their world, I don't think I'll enter the "order-wait-experience" with these clowns again.

Not my circus, not my monkeys - but if it was, I'd be burning down the big top and putting together something a lot more efficient.
I’m on day 104 , They haven’t shipped 1 turbo yet

AdamH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4Xe
called Jeep Cares today and was told I have been in KZ status for 9 days and the Jeep is still at the first storage facility near the plant.

My dealer states it left the storage facility on 5/25 and is sitting in a rail yard in Michigan.

The folks I have spoken with at Jeep Cares have always been very polite and accommodating. And, up til now, have been spot on with what my dealer has told me. Interesting how once KZ status starts so many of us experience incorrect info from JeepCares

CohuttaDen

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (on order)
called Jeep Cares today and was told I have been in KZ status for 9 days and the Jeep is still at the first storage facility near the plant.

My dealer states it left the storage facility on 5/25 and is sitting in a rail yard in Michigan.

The folks I have spoken with at Jeep Cares have always been very polite and accommodating. And, up til now, have been spot on with what my dealer has told me. Interesting how once KZ status starts so many of us experience incorrect info from JeepCares
The idea that equal jeeps, one gets on a truck in a day and another waits 10 days is maddening. Makes me wonder if they are are running LIFO (Last in First Out) just throwing jeeps into a pile and see what comes out.

Say what you want about challenges, demand, anything else you want to say... looking from the outside - in, this has all appearances of an all-star goat rodeo.

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
What’s the latest with your order saga? We can’t stalk others Jeeps without order tracking anymore.
She’s on a train!! I’m in the very beginning stage of delivery, but I’m excited! :)

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
She’s on a train!! I’m in the very beginning stage of delivery, but I’m excited! :)

yes, but mayhaps she is on blaine the pain

hqdefault.jpg

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
Forgive me for asking (and not searching 849 pages). Did you ever hear anything on your other 2?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.