ORDER TRACKING for your Jeep Wrangler

Status
Not open for further replies.

furrandchalk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Anyone know if status codes are updated on Sundays? My build date was yesterday, so I checked with Jeep chat to see if I had moved out of D1. She said it still shows D1, but that it should be updated Monday morning.
Sponsored

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Anyone know if status codes are updated on Sundays? My build date was yesterday, so I checked with Jeep chat to see if I had moved out of D1. She said it still shows D1, but that it should be updated Monday morning.
Jeep emailed me Saturday and said I was in paint/trim, still showing D1. Don’t believe it is updated and it has been behind lately from my understanding as well.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Jeep emailed me Saturday and said I was in paint/trim, still showing D1. Don’t believe it is updated and it has been behind lately from my understanding as well.
The tracking data that was used in the spreadsheet that was just shut down comes from a system that all dealers have access to. That's why JLWF Dealer Guy was able to develop and maintain this site's tracking service. It only becomes accurate once your build starts and you reach E - framing, but it appears to be current from that point on. Various milestones show up within an hour or two 24/7.

You can only get this from your dealer, meaning none of the FCA support staff appear to have access. Most salespeople are unaware of this, so you may have to go to the dealership's new car sales manager to get updates. I guarantee it will be more accurate than anything JeepCares tells you.

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The tracking data that was used in the spreadsheet that was just shut down comes from a system that all dealers have access to. That's why JLWF Dealer Guy was able to develop and maintain this site's tracking service. It only becomes accurate once your build starts and you reach E - framing, but it appears to be current from that point on. Various milestones show up within an hour or two 24/7.

You can only get this from your dealer, meaning none of the FCA support staff appear to have access. Most salespeople are unaware of this, so you may have to go to the dealership's new car sales manager to get updates. I guarantee it will be more accurate than anything JeepCares tells you.
Seems they were right on track, as the paid tracking at Jeep Garage now shows me in Inspection.

MRC1312

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Speaking with anybody at Jeep(doesn't)Care says that won't update on weekends, holidays, when the Moon is full, Mercury is in retrograde...etc etc. I think they throw a dart at a board for the status, then spin a wheel to tell you when to expect something.

Sponsored

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems they were right on track, as the paid tracking at Jeep Garage now shows me in Inspection.
Yeah. If it's not clear, both tracking services used the same FCA dealer delivery database.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never thought they were, but Jeep Garage is still open for business.
The difference was that Jeep Garage was updating as much as 6 times as frequently as this site's spreadsheet so it made this site's service look like it was working off of a dated data set. It was only the reporting that was dated.

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
Stop saying the name of the other site, lest they "go away" also. :lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The difference was that Jeep Garage was updating as much as 6 times as frequently as this site's spreadsheet so it made this site's service look like it was working off of a dated data set. It was only the reporting that was dated.
Since I’ve been using Jeep Garage, they update 3 times per day at the most. Still beneficial, 6 times would be quite a bit. I thought you were saying Jeepcares was providing bad info...but not exactly sure JeepCares are the same people as the dedicated hotline/email they now have.

Sponsored

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I’ve been using Jeep Garage, they update 3 times per day at the most. Still beneficial, 6 times would be quite a bit. I thought you were saying Jeepcares was providing bad info...but not exactly sure JeepCares are the same people as the dedicated hotline/email they now have.
Yup, Jeep Garage was updating as much as 3 times per day while this site was updating once every two days after they went to a paid service. Apparently the number of builds they were tracking was so large, they could no longer manage a daily update. That resulted in a 6x reporting frequency difference.

I agree that JeepCares and the new hotline/email appear to be distinct entities with different staff. However, from what I can see, they both work with the same inaccurate data.

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Stop saying the name of the other site, lest they "go away" also. :lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:
It is well known they have been providing tracking for several years.
Yup, Jeep Garage was updating as much as 3 times per day while this site was updating once every two days after they went to a paid service. Apparently the number of builds they were tracking was so large, they could no longer manage a daily update. That resulted in a 6x reporting frequency difference.

I agree that JeepCares and the new hotline/email appear to be distinct entities with different staff. However, from what I can see, they both work with the same inaccurate data.
LOL...might depend on who is providing the updates and whether someone treated them disrespectfully on the phone as to how accurate they are.

CohuttaDen

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (on order)
If they shut down the rest of the wrangler underground tracking sites, I will pick up the phone and cancel. Jeep can not tell me where my Jeep is, it is in I as of today. This info is thanks to a tracking site that they have not yet crushed.

Jeeps Information is entirely unreliable.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
If they shut down the rest of the wrangler underground tracking sites, I will pick up the phone and cancel. Jeep can not tell me where my Jeep is, it is in I as of today. This info is thanks to a tracking site that they have not yet crushed.

Jeeps Information is entirely unreliable.
Here's the thing.....fca is going to sell every single jeep they can possibly produce 24/6 for the next 3 to 5 years at a healthy profit. You really have no leverage here. Someone else will gladly buy your cancelled order...

4wrangler

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jl, and 14 Wrangler Oscar Mike
Sorry for all of you who can no longer get tracking, It makes this build thing so much harder to deal with... Best of luck to everyone waiting... Fingers crossed you get your JL’s soon
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.