NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
*High-fives H-town fam* :like:

Holla at your dealer rep (if you ever decide to inquire)...it's quite simple to pull up that information. I texted my Dealer Rep and he returned my text in literally like 2 minutes after I asked my current status.
Interesting that you ordered after me, but it was built well before mine.

I contacted "Jeep Chat" a few minutes ago and verified that my name was on the invoice as the purchaser and not the dealership's name. They also confirmed that vehicle designated for a customer will have a higher priority in the build process than one designated as dealer stock.

I have to wonder if they only do certain colors at certain times and I just was unlucky and they weren't doing to color that I ordered for awhile...

Jeep JL Sport
2-door, red
manual transmission, manual windows
anti-spin rear differential
hardtop
air-conditioning
$29,622
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting that you ordered after me, but it was built well before mine.

I contacted "Jeep Chat" a few minutes ago and verified that my name was on the invoice as the purchaser and not the dealership's name. They also confirmed that vehicle designated for a customer will have a higher priority in the build process than one designated as dealer stock.

I have to wonder if they only do certain colors at certain times and I just was unlucky and they weren't doing to color that I ordered for awhile...

Jeep JL Sport
2-door, red
manual transmission, manual windows
anti-spin rear differential
hardtop
air-conditioning
$29,622
Hmmm that's a good point about the color...I thought I read somewhere that the 2doors were moving slowly. I could definitely be wrong and don't even remember where I read that.

TBH, there's no telling what is going on. Mine was a pretty basic order Sport...just I added the auto tranny, hard top, and Mojito!. I remember when I was talking to my Dealer Rep, he mentioned something about trying to put the order in quickly for some reason...I can't remember what he said because I was so excited about my purchase..but he mentioned that it had something to do with the ordering and production rate. Anyway, whatever my dealer did I appreciate it (if it affected the production in anyway).

Even the Jeep Live Chat rep was surprised it got built so quickly. I hope they took their time with "Lil Hulk"...I don't any probs when it finally arrives because they built it so quickly lol.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm that's a good point about the color...I thought I read somewhere that the 2doors were moving slowly. I could definitely be wrong and don't even remember where I read that.

TBH, there's no telling what is going on. Mine was a pretty basic order Sport...just I added the auto tranny, hard top, and Mojito!. I remember when I was talking to my Dealer Rep, he mentioned something about trying to put the order in quickly for some reason...I can't remember what he said because I was so excited about my purchase..but he mentioned that it had something to do with the ordering and production rate. Anyway, whatever my dealer did I appreciate it (if it affected the production in anyway).

Even the Jeep Live Chat rep was surprised it got built so quickly. I hope they took their time with "Lil Hulk"...I don't any probs when it finally arrives because they built it so quickly lol.
Ahh... So you went with the JLU instead of the JL... Maybe different production line... They started those up first for all the soccer moms from what I understand. :) It's apparently their big money maker...

Last edited:

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh... So you went with the JLU instead of the JL... Maybe different production line... They started those up first for all the soccer moms.

ROFLLLLL! Tbh IDEK the difference between the two! I saw the option for a green Jeep...and went with it! The cheapest Green Jeep I could get! :cwl:

Gidget

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I ordered on 6/22 at the dealership, order showed up in the system on 6/25, and I’m now in “I” status. It’s moving faster than I expected right now ...but I know that could change. I’m being optimistic!

Sponsored

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
I’ve seen on the blog people tracking movement of their jeep. How are people doing that? Presumably we are a day from KZ since we received our sticker today via crypto.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen on the blog people tracking movement of their jeep. How are people doing that? Presumably we are a day from KZ since we received our sticker today via crypto.
Some folks are paying to go through a 3rd-party Jeep site to get their details...jeepgarage I think (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Some of us use the Jeep Live Chat on Jeep.com (you find this by clicking on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page).

And some are getting our status directly through our dealer.

Those that have paid to get their statuses are able to get detailed timelines, locations, etc. pretty easily.

The Jeep Live Chat will give your Jeep's status code, but may not be able to give you specifics on location as they will say it's because of security purposes. However you will receive a generalized status.

It can be a hit or miss by getting notifications through your dealer. They are also able to give you detailed information on the status and location of your jeep. My dealer does this whenever I ask him, but some dealers may not even though they have access to this information. So if you have a good relationship with your dealer, you should be able to get updates from him/her.

@H-Town Fam: BE SAFE! It's flooding on my side of town (north east, near IAH). This may cause a delay with transit times.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
I sign ed up at jeepgarage.com and paid the $29 for tracking, build sheet and window sticker. It has worked great with detailed information updated several times per day.

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some folks are paying to go through a 3rd-party Jeep site to get their details...jeepgarage I think (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Some of us use the Jeep Live Chat on Jeep.com (you find this by clicking on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page).

Those that have paid to get their statuses are able to get detailed timelines, locations, etc. pretty easily.

The Jeep Live Chat will give your Jeep's status code, but may not be able to give you specifics on location as they will say it's because of security purposes. However you will receive a generalized status.

It can be a hit or miss by getting notifications through your dealer. They are also able to give you detailed information on the status and location of your jeep. My dealer does this whenever I ask him, but some dealers may not even though they have access to this information. So if you have a good relationship with your dealer, you should be able to get updates from him/her.

@H-Town Fam: BE SAFE! It's flooding on my side of town (north east, near IAH). This may cause a delay with transit times.
Thanks TaiMc. I was wondering how folks were getting that highly detailed tracking of the shipment.

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sign ed up at jeepgarage.com and paid the $29 for tracking, build sheet and window sticker. It has worked great with detailed information updated several times per day.
Thanks Ron_H!

Sponsored

TonkaToy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ and 2018 Jeep JL (both yellow 2 door Sport)
I ordered my new JL 2 door Sport in HellaYella yesterday (Ottawa, Ontario). I've been driving the same yellow TJ Sport for 18 years! It's gonna be weird driving something new but I can't wait.

What are you guys hearing for delivery time for Yellow? My dealer said anything from 6-14 weeks. Eesh.

Also, in order to get both tops I ordered the jeep with the hardtop and had the dealer order me a soft top separately from Quadratec and roll it up into my monthly payments. Although Quadratec isn't even taking orders for the soft top until Aug. 15th. Such a frustrating mess!

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my new JL 2 door Sport in HellaYella yesterday (Ottawa, Ontario). I've been driving the same yellow TJ Sport for 18 years! It's gonna be weird driving something new but I can't wait.
I don't even see an option on the Jeep site for ordering a JL in yellow.

TonkaToy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ and 2018 Jeep JL (both yellow 2 door Sport)
I don't even see an option on the Jeep site for ordering a JL in yellow.
It's not on the jeep site yet. But dealers can order it. In fact, my salesman couldn't see it on his computer but his boss could on his computer. I 100% ordered it in Yellow this week. I know I'm not the only one.

ZombieNipples

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima

I kn
*High-fives H-town fam* :like:

Holla at your dealer rep (if you ever decide to inquire)...it's quite simple to pull up that information. I texted my Dealer Rep and he returned my text in literally like 2 minutes after I asked my current status.
So I contacted Jeep chat today and my order has been in KZ status for 19 days with no updates since then. I am REALLY beginning to think both of our orders will be ok the same train/truck.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I kn

So I contacted Jeep chat today and my order has been in KZ status for 19 days with no updates since then. I am REALLY beginning to think both of our orders will be ok the same train/truck.
Yup same for me... I checked my status via jeepgarage and it only shows the status of: "Railcar Departure / Yard Exit 06/28/18 09:39:14 AM TOLEDO - RAIL"

However, when I contacted my Dealer on the 29th, my status from him was more accurate and recent than Jeepgarage's information: In-Transit Report Station, Rail Arrival, at Airline Junction, OH, 4:30pm 06/28/18.

Since then, no updates on Jeepgarage's log regarding any movement with mine, yet I have an ETA delivery date of: 07/10/2018 - 07/14/2018.

Anyway, I saw this one dude's tracking schedule that may mirror yours and mine. Check this out!:

"Ingate / Rebay at Facility 05/30/18 11:50:00 PM TOLEDO, OH
Production Status KZ Received 06/03/18 02:45:00 PM
Railcar Departure / Yard Exit 06/05/18 05:07:45 PM TOLEDO, OH
Railcar Unloaded 06/21/18 09:03:20 AM PEARLAND, TX VDC
Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 06/25/18 01:14:23 PM PEARLAND, TX VDC (on truck to dealer)
Dealer Delivered 06/25/18 01:34:00 PM "

His was "stuck in" KZ Status with no updates from 6/05—6/21 (16 days). So, it is quite possible that you and I won't receive any other notification until it has arrived in Pearland.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.