First Name
James Deagle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2 door Rubicon
Occupation
Shift Supervisor
"D" status means the order has been accepted and has a soft schedule. The next step will be "D1" where it has a firm schedule. Generally in the past this meant it has gone into production and is being built. With the new release, it is possible there will be a delay but we won't know till the first one hits "D1" and moves past that in order to get a time frame moving forward.
Iam At D1 stage
Sponsored

scrambles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 Tremor, 18 HD Deluxe, 79 Fiat Spider, 07 HD Sportster Roadster, 16 Little Guy Silver Shadow, 64 Vespa
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you completely, this is also my first Jeep and I don't this I would do it again. To add insult to injury my dealer asked me to complete my sale prior to taking delivery so he could make his sales quota which meant the Jeep needed to be insured, financed and registered and that was 31 days ago today and still no Jeep and no ETA. And another kick in the nuts the dealer received a delivery last week with 2 dealer lot jeeps and mine wasn't with them....CRAZY RIGHT???? They need to get their crap together!!!!
Now that is just crazy. What sort of a dealer does that. How can you possibly insure a vehicle you do not have, is not in your possession, do not have title to. What dealer is this?

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I too was asked nicely if I would mind if they completed the sale in their sales database. But I was never asked to register or insure it. However this was with the dealer confirming my Jeep in transit arriving at the dealership tomorrow. I was cool with that.

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Now that is just crazy. What sort of a dealer does that. How can you possibly insure a vehicle you do not have, is not in your possession, do not have title to. What dealer is this?
Contact FCA rep NOW this wrong on all levels!

CohuttaDen

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (on order)
Contact FCA rep NOW this wrong on all levels!
How can they do the buyers order without a firm VIN? They have already demonstrated that VINs can be canceled and cloned without buyer knowledge or approval (all of the turbos, for example).

If you finance it, you have to insure it when you close... is your insurance company insuring a car that has not been built? Does your insurance pay if there is another parking lot inferno?

I have to say this seems too bizarre even for FCA.

Sponsored

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the info. Order date 1-24-18 with VON & VIN & my info on POC dated 2-7-18 priority 01 firm D.
When I told my dealer there was a code, etc they finally just said we don’t want to mess with all that and and upped my trade in value by the difference. I didn’t care how they got there as long as it all washed out. But I will say there are a lot of things that aren’t common knowledge or process like the codes so it’s worth the conversation now vs sitting there for an extra hour or whatever the day you pick it up while everyone figures things out or wants to tell you the new sticker price is just how it is.

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl unlimited rubicon
hey all, curious if there was any info as to why US orders get vin so quickly after the order von as opposed to canadian orders? i am three weeks now no vin, ordered may 14. dealer is great and told
me this is normal to wait a bit for the vin. but there are other us orders i have seen placed after mine, in d1 status already. so there seems to be no line order for when it was placed.

while i know there are plenty of variances to colour and part options to change when a vehicle would be sent for build, it seems that there is no line or order based on date for when orders get built. especially true for non us orders.

this is my third time waiting for a car build, first jeep. it has been tough each time haha. hoping it is a good experience because i want to love the wrangler and brand. we’ll see.

Muoma

First Name
Reading
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport Bright White, 2018 Mercedes C300, 2010 Lexus GX460
Just wonder where to track the order? Thanks!

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl unlimited rubicon
I ordered April 27.
Canadian Order, still no VIN....5 weeks later.
Sorry to hear that Sid! Thanks for mentioning. I will have to see how mine goes in the next few weeks. I was told that once d1 comes, it is a quick process. Norm seems to be 8-9 weeks.

Sponsored

Mooch76

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Train Operator
Anyone know how they are shipped to Long Island NY? I would imagine via truck, but not positive.

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Anyone know how they are shipped to Long Island NY? I would imagine via truck, but not positive.
Train to Doremus, NJ then truck to LI.

sleepnclass

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Just wonder where to track the order? Thanks!
Same here. Got my VON & VIN oredered on 05/30 but I think the order actually went on 06/04 because that is when I got my VON.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.