Not open for further replies.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Damn, back to tbd again, and Calimat who is bound for about 20 Miles south of my dealer is still moving and I get left in Kansas City, his is in Texas. Ugh!

121 days from order.
Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Was sure I posted that I updated the sheet but it doesn’t seem to be here. Congrats to all those with deliveries!
Duuude, I've been waiting/dreaming for that congrats post with my screen name on it for months! LOL It's all good, I'm just messing around. Please take a look at my Punk'n:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/punkn-wrangler-jl-club.3062/page-90#post-194974

Edit: Oops, forgot to thank you for the tracking service which was much appreciated. Thanks and Cheers. :beer:

Rigby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubi OB
Was sure I posted that I updated the sheet but it doesn’t seem to be here. Congrats to all those with deliveries!
The sheet says mine was delivered yesterday so I called the dealer, found out my salesperson quit last month and they said mine hasn't come in. I wonder which manager took it home for the weekend.

Thanks @JLWF Dealer Guy for all the work you put in on this.

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
Been in Inspection for nearly 2 weeks. Must be the biggest 2 door out there.
If you stay in "I" for more than a minute, they found a problem that needs to be repaired. (Per the long-lost Drillionaire)

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
If you stay in "I" for more than a minute, they found a problem that needs to be repaired. (Per the long-lost Drillionaire)
Greeeeeeaaaaaaaatttt

I figured that was the case but was sticking my head in the sand hoping it wasn’t so.....

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

No more complaining from me, on Day 113 mine was delivered to the dealer! I visited the dealer to see if they had received an unscheduled truck delivery, and there it was. They were willing to prep it and deliver same day, so I was able to pick it up 5 hours later. Very happy to far, though I do notice the steering is much more "swimmy" than my JK.

So I'm not proud of complaining and being a squeaking wheel, but in this case it worked - and supposedly some other folks from NC should be receiving deliveries this weekend or Monday as well. I sent an email to that special "JL only" contact that was posted here, but I also copied a senior executive at FCA. My message was very respectful, but outlined the timeline, confusing/inaccurate information being provided by Jeep Chat and other "usual" channels (acknowledging it was not those individuals' fault, they were just providing the info available to them.

My message was passed on to a person, can't recall the title, but essentially this person's job includes having to field complaints that get sent to senior executives. He left me a voicemail and explained all of the shipping problems, said they would try to figure out where in the Marion lot my Jeep was located and would contact me in a day or two. Never responded, so after a week I left him a voicemail, thanked him for contacting me but letting him know that it wasn't really sufficient - I already knew about the shipping/rail delays, what I had inquired was how vehicles ordered after mine was built were getting delivered to my same city.

He called back and said they were going to put together a truck with mine and 7 other vehicles going in my direction or to my state, and that he thought it might leave yesterday (Friday), and if so would arrive on Monday unless my dealer took weekend deliveries - which is why I stopped by my dealer on a whim 114 days after my last visit there. Long and short, the person to whom my complaint got forwarded was able to make it happen, so kudos to him and I will be sure to give him a call to thank him.

Not advocating my approach, just passing on the info because it did work for me. Again, not proud of complaining and this is the only time I've done something like that, but I was incredibly frustrated by the fact that orders placed after mine was ready for shipping were getting delivered.

By the way, for all the folks who have taken delivery of the dual top group, I don't think anyone truly did justice to the size of the box the soft top comes in. I can't imagine what is in that enormous box, it took up the entire rear with the rear seats folded flat. Wow! But very happy I don't have to remove the hard top just to get it out, now I just have to figure out who to switch tops. Can't believe how much lighter the front panels are on the hard top, very much looking forward to seeing how much lighter the doors are!

Good luck all, I hope they work out the shipping problems soon!

Last edited:

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Dropped by my dealer today and look at what I found waiting for me!

It took almost 3 months to arrive but let me tell you, it was well worth the wait! Thanks to JLWF Dealer guy for this great service. My vehicle arrived within 4 updates of your database but it was well worth it since I was able to get my ducks in a row by the time my vehicle rolled into the dealership.

rubi-varsity.jpg

Sponsored

USAFChiefret

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2018 Wrangler Rubicon in Ocean Blue on May 4th
Occupation
Retired
Dropped by my dealer today and look at what I found waiting for me!

It took almost 3 months to arrive but let me tell you, it was well worth the wait! Thanks to JLWF Dealer guy for this great service. My vehicle arrived within 4 updates of your database but it was well worth it since I was able to get my ducks in a row by the time my vehicle rolled into the dealership.

rubi-varsity.jpg
Congrats! Looks awesome!

EEBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Damn, back to tbd again, and Calimat who is bound for about 20 Miles south of my dealer is still moving and I get left in Kansas City, his is in Texas. Ugh!

121 days from order.
Mine recently did also -- After being in KZ 61 days, traveling 300 miles west of Toledo for a stint west of Chicago then traveling 600 miles east (overshooting me) for a continuing stint in Bufflao NY with various changing ETA's --- I just went ETA=TBD !!!

So if anyone is wondering why there is a shortage of trains and trucks --- My traveling JLUR is single handedly a large part of the problem (with a significant helping from FCA Logistics).

W !! ..... T !! ......F !!!!

Ordered 2/7 (95 days ago)
JB 2/23 (79 days ago)
KZ 3/13 (61 days ago)
......and still waiting ..............

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Dealer called Friday and said mine there as well after ordering on 2/8/18. 2-door S, Blue, Turbo.
Say what?!? You had a TURBO delivered. You would be the first here with a turbo delivery. You can't just drop a bomb like that and not give us more details and pictures. Please tell us more. Details please.

Banjoedan

First Name
Joe Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler
Say what?!? You had a TURBO delivered. You would be the first here with a turbo delivery. You can't just drop a bomb like that and not give us more details and pictures. Please tell us more. Details please.
Sorry for the confusion, they said mine was in Paint as well. Not even on D1 in tracking spreadsheet, so I don't know what current status. Sorry again for confusion....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.