Not open for further replies.

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Finally picked up my Jeep. Ordered from Huntington Beach Jeep. They were great to deal with. Didn't have to put a down payment and the price we agreed to when I ordered was the price I paid.
4646E53C-455D-4E46-92D7-817D5A4EAF04.jpeg
Beautiful Ride!!! :jk::rock:

That's what i debated and agonized over for 3 months to order (Rubi vs. Sahara), but with a Turbo of course instead of the 3.6. I finally went with a Sahara since I can eventually put on the Rubi Hood and Hi Line Fenders, but still have full-time 4WD:like:

Can't stop looking at that picture @Calijeep!! Beautiful Beautiful Jeep:handsinair:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Robojoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Raptor, 18 JLUR
I just noticed the Last Event Location is a 6 digit number, 343570 in Bryan, OH. Does anyone know if that corresponds with the railcar its on? If so, anyone know how to track that with the railroad company? If not, does any one know what the number is referencing?
Does the next column list SPLC_CODE? if so that 6 digit number appears to be rail yard location identifiers. At least as best as I can tell. Here is what i found about what SPLC CODES mean: A Standard Point Location Code (SPLC) is assigned to all stations registered by rail carriers. Between six to nine digits, this numeric code is used to specify the physical location of a station. Presently a minimum of six digits is required with three zeros.

JacquieK

First Name
Jacquie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Sr Software Development Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Does the next column list SPLC_CODE? if so that 6 digit number appears to be rail yard location identifiers. At least as best as I can tell. Here is what i found about what SPLC CODES mean: A Standard Point Location Code (SPLC) is assigned to all stations registered by rail carriers. Between six to nine digits, this numeric code is used to specify the physical location of a station. Presently a minimum of six digits is required with three zeros.
I read somewhere the first 2 digits represent the state, so I guess if it starts with 34 it's still in Ohio.

newb

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2016 Tacoma 2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
Occupation
Farmer
Just for grins, those who can't open it. Strip the "/edit?usp=sharing" off the end of the url and see if it makes a difference.
I tried that. Just opens a blank page with the different tabs.

Sponsored

4wrangler

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jl, and 14 Wrangler Oscar Mike
Finally picked up my Jeep. Ordered from Huntington Beach Jeep. They were great to deal with. Didn't have to put a down payment and the price we agreed to when I ordered was the price I paid.
4646E53C-455D-4E46-92D7-817D5A4EAF04.jpeg
Awesome!! Congrats

BGJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2020 JLUR
I agree with you there. If they quickly got the unit from the factory to the dealer, I might not care quite as much about such a high fee - but when mine has been ready to go for over a month, the pickup fee doesn't seem reasonable at all.
Dealer told me FCA has a non-negotiable fee for dealer pickup from Alorton (and anywhere else I assume). Total cost for them is $550 which includes FCA fee and driver with trailer for pickup. They are splitting it with me so $275 out of my pocket. On principle alone, there is no way I give FCA another dime. Emotionally, I just want my Jeep and $275! Basically, they are estimating another 3-4 weeks until dealer delivery. What are everyone’s thoughts?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Dealer told me FCA has a non-negotiable fee for dealer pickup from Alorton (and anywhere else I assume). Total cost for them is $550 which includes FCA fee and driver with trailer for pickup. They are splitting it with me so $275 out of my pocket. On principle alone, there is no way I give FCA another dime. Emotionally, I just want my Jeep and $275! Basically, they are estimating another 3-4 weeks until dealer delivery. What are everyone’s thoughts?
That fee was included in my bill , 1195 destination fee , it was on my build sheet

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
That fee was included in my bill , 1195 destination fee , it was on my build sheet
That sounds like some bullshit to me

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Haha. Yes, it was on mine too, but mine was $1400!
They raised it after March 1st u shouldn’t have to pay anything extra in my opinion

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
They raised it after March 1st u shouldn’t have to pay anything extra in my opinion
If you had a confirmed-sold order in before March 1st, and it's on your paperwork - the computer system "should" automatically have the pre-increased numbers in the system for you.

When I went to pickup / pay for my Jeep yesterday, I went in pre-armed with the code earlier in this thread (around page 618 or something) to get the increases off. But when my dealer pulled up my paperwork - it had the $1195 destination fee, and the pre-raise price. We didn't have to put a code in or anything.

If you ordered after March 1st, or didn't get a confirm-sold or whatever - all bets are off. I would take the code with you to be safe (it's zero money out of the dealer pocket) but when they pull your invoice stuff up - it should say the $1195 etc

If a dealer tries to jack up your price by another $750 through shenanigans, well I would consider that pretty shady and it might be time to find a different dealer. If they can't even sell you a vehicle in honesty - how are they going to provide warranty / service for it?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
If you had a confirmed-sold order in before March 1st, and it's on your paperwork - the computer system "should" automatically have the pre-increased numbers in the system for you.

When I went to pickup / pay for my Jeep yesterday, I went in pre-armed with the code earlier in this thread (around page 618 or something) to get the increases off. But when my dealer pulled up my paperwork - it had the $1195 destination fee, and the pre-raise price. We didn't have to put a code in or anything.

If you ordered after March 1st, or didn't get a confirm-sold or whatever - all bets are off. I would take the code with you to be safe (it's zero money out of the dealer pocket) but when they pull your invoice stuff up - it should say the $1195 etc

If a dealer tries to jack up your price by another $750 through shenanigans, well I would consider that pretty shady and it might be time to find a different dealer. If they can't even sell you a vehicle in honesty - how are they going to provide warranty / service for it?
I agree with that 100% well put !

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Does that include the driver who runs his trailer in bridges, or one that can actually drive ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.