Not open for further replies.

LUCKYSTRIKE

First Name
BRYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2SS CAMARO
Booked one way flight to Jim Marsh in Vegas to pick up my white JLUR tomorrow. Ordered on 2/10. Keep ya head up folks. It’s a grind.

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Not to my knowledge, I watched a paint video today and the machine spray painted it after it was assembled, it was cool to watch, I was very surprised, none of the interior was in the Jeep..that’s done after

I saw a video where they were installing the dash and windshield, etc, and it was already painted, I had just assumed they painted first and built second. Learn something new every day.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I saw a video where they were installing the dash and windshield, etc, and it was already painted, I had just assumed they painted first and built second. Learn something new every day.
They are clearly painted first - the floor wouldn't be body color if they painted after assembly.

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Jay is worse off and I am not much better based on order and D1 dates.
Yikes - you have a 1/11 order date and are still in JS.

Assuming your order doesn't KZ and ship immediately - You will likely beat me on the longevity of the order. lol

That is definitely a record not worth competing against.

:surprised::headbang:

CyBourg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 07 Honda S2000, 2018 JLU Sport O)|||||(O
I get how it works. Hence the "gearing up for a small monetary battle" in the original comment. If they decide not to honor, I'll gladly take my money to one of the other 5 Jeep dealerships within 25 miles of me. I'd rather pay more for it elsewhere than give my hard earned money to someone that tried to F me.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Yikes - you have a 1/11 order date and are still in JS.

Assuming your order doesn't KZ and ship immediately - You will likely beat me on the longevity of the order. lol

That is definitely a record not worth competing against.

:surprised::headbang:
My guess it’s a quality hold or part delay. Seriously thinking about reordering at higher price or waiting for 2019.

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
My guess it’s a quality hold or part delay. Seriously thinking about reordering at higher price or waiting for 2019.
When I was in JS (it was a total of 13 days), I was in a storage yard for the duration. When my order moved back into Toledo I immediately went KZ that same day.

I then happened to sit there for 31 days in KZ before moving again.

However, I feel that yours will likely KZ and ship quickly. Considering its overall length, it should be expedited to a train once it finishes.

I'd hold on if I were you. A new order could theoretically run through the same lengthy process.

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
Booked one way flight to Jim Marsh in Vegas to pick up my white JLUR tomorrow. Ordered on 2/10. Keep ya head up folks. It’s a grind.
Congrats! I also ordered from Jim marsh in Vegas. Let me know if they try to pull any funny stuff at the end with mandatory add ons or issues. I have heard good things so far from them.
I ordered 2/12 fully loaded black ruby:).

Bill Tower

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited 4 door, Firecracker Red
They did the same with me and I walked also, reordered with Kim in AR, My rejected Jeep is setting at Chapman in Scottsdale AZ, No one buying they want MRSP plus1800. Add on, I’m sure someone will buy it, a lot of money in Scottsdale.
Update: they just put the 2" lift and 35" tires. It's now setting in front of the dealer building. I bet it will cost someone $60,000.00 or more out the door.

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
/sigh. good old Jeep Chat. I know better than to talk with them this early in the morning ;)

so I reach out for a status, and apparently still in "D" (which matches the highly-appreciated tracking the guys here are doing). Through the conversation, I ask if there was any indication of what the delay was - she tells me "it's only been in this stage for the past 3 days".

I guess that probably works for people not actually tracking their vehicles - but for us that ARE watching them, that seems silly. I've been in "D" since about a week after order - or at least that's the answers they've been giving me (same exact can-response verbage I've gotten since then that she just gave me)

I guess the good news is that since it's still in "D" I can cancel the order if I want and go buy something else - ahh, the power of consumerism. This was my first Jeep purchase - maybe it waits a couple more years? Or just go get one off the lot. guess we'll see

/rantoff - and a shout-out to those of you who have been in hold-status for literally months. I understand the frustration. At least there's this forum - instead of screaming in an empty room!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.