Not open for further replies.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Canceled my order with Chapman in Scottsdale AZ, To many add on items and extra fees. I reordered with Kim at Superior jeep in Conway, AR, 5% under invoice and only 130.00 processing fee, No add on items. And will ship t my door in Sun City West. No tax or registration. Will be done in AZ. My sales tax rate is 5.6 % in Sun City West, AZ..
Call Kim and tell her Bill Tower sent you. Her number is 501-499-2575.
Jay please remove me from tracking Von: 40754477
Can’t you just switch the numbers instead of being removed?

BoBo

First Name
BoBo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ordered
Mine seems to be stuck at ARMOURDALE, KS at the rail interconnect carrier for 2-3 days now....someone go and kick the queue into motion there :)

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Thanks for the updates over the last 8 weeks. My JLUR is finally home. I'll post pics tomorrow. On a side note none of my usb ports are working. Starting off on the right foot with this one.

Sponsored

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Most efficient Jeep chat session EVER !
Waited maybe 3 seconds in queue, then came Tyler :

Tyler: Hi, my name is Tyler with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?

Michael F: Hey Tyler, how are you ?! Just checking on my new Wrangler status, was in JB last time I checked :)

Tyler: One moment.

Tyler: Looks like it is still in JB at the moment. No progression unfortunately, at least phase-wise

Michael F: Thanks Tyler ! I’ll check again later :) Have a good one and thanks for your help !

Tyler: You're more than welcome. !
Thank youf or contacting Jeep Customer Care.

Not asking for my address, nor protecting some crazy top secret proprietary codes with his life... Short and simple :)
Tyler was good to me tonight too

chatAgent.png
Tyler: Hi, my name is Tyler with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?
chatEndUserMessage.png
digitalbliss: Hi Tyler, just checking to see if the ETA on my Jeep has changed from the last time I checked.
chatAgent.png
Tyler: Definitely, one moment.
chatAgent.png
Tyler: Do you have the VIN?
chatEndUserMessage.png
digitalbliss: 1C4HJXFG8JW1****
chatAgent.png
Tyler: Thank you.
chatAgent.png
Tyler: I am seeing that the vehicle is built, currently being shipped. The vehicle is currently in Bruceton, TN and is slated to arrive at the dealership between 03/05/2018 - 03/09/2018
chatEndUserMessage.png
digitalbliss: Nice! Is this still KZ M status?
chatAgent.png
Tyler: Yes
chatEndUserMessage.png
digitalbliss: Ok great, thanks for your help
chatAgent.png
Tyler: You're more than welcome. Have a good evening.
chatEndUserMessage.png
digitalbliss: You too

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Now we are moving..... F last night and JB this evening. Hopefully I don't get stuck on the JB purgatory list

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6

Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Canceled my order with Chapman in Scottsdale AZ, To many add on items and extra fees. I reordered with Kim at Superior jeep in Conway, AR, 5% under invoice and only 130.00 processing fee, No add on items. And will ship t my door in Sun City West. No tax or registration. Will be done in AZ. My sales tax rate is 5.6 % in Sun City West, AZ..
Can’t you just switch the numbers instead of being removed?
Yea hopefully Jay can do that.

Too bad you had to reorder

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Consumer Reorts just did their rankings on 2018 brand reliability. As soon as I saw it I couldn’t help but think of this post and how defensive you seemed to get when I stated Jeep was not a reliable brand and that, coupled with the issues they are having on the production of a new model, has me very worried. Well notice the bottom ranked two companies on the ranking (out of 34 brands ranked).

A6A19934-5D97-4DB7-8E1D-935A35EB6E30.jpeg
I'm not going to discredit Consumer Reports entirely, and I've never had the "fan boy" mentality to defend a brand/car just because I own it, but I do take any CR rankings with a grain of salt. There are numerous flaws with the methodology CR uses to arrive at their rankings (link here). For starters, it's purely survey-based, which introduces some sampling bias. Unless, of course, you believe that the subset of people who subscribe to Consumer Reports accurately represents the population as a whole; this may or may not be true, but I think it is more than likely the latter.

Digging deeper, they also state "A typical model has about 200 to 400 samples for each model year. When we have smaller sample sizes than this on vehicles, we use brand history and the reliability of similar models that may share major components in calculating our predictions.". This is problematic for a couple reasons. First, "brand history"? That's all but completely admitting that they are anchoring on potentially outdated data that may no longer be relevant, especially when there is a change in the production process, a new engine, etc. For example, what did they do when Mazda abandoned Ford technology and developed their own SkyActiv engines? That's not a rhetorical question, it's legitimately unclear how they would determine the reliability at that point except to rely on "brand history". Additionally, the very same components going to different factories could produce vastly different results. For example, the VW Group has a VW factory in Mexico and Audi factory in Germany that share a LOT of the same components. I realize the burden of proof falls on me to prove that the final products have a statistically significant difference in reliability, but I'm going to take the cheap way out of it by suggesting anyone could apply the standard of common sense to arrive at that conclusion.

Moving on, they state that they have a list of specific problem areas they look for, with their own weighting scheme on what's considered serious or not. That's problematic because that assumes everybody weights the importance of those issues similarly. I'm sure general rankings would be relatively consistent from person to person. For example, nobody would say a rattling trim piece is more serious than a blown head gasket. But just how much more serious the head gasket is would be a subjective matter. If a every single example of a car had several issues with rattling trim pieces, would that be more serious than 5% of a different model having catastrophic engine failure? What about 20%? 50%? It's tough to draw the line as to just how bad a serious issue is, and how many not-so-serious issues are considered "equivalent" to one big one. This is especially difficult when talking to new owners who have active warranties, where the actual difference in impact to the end consumer may vary little between issues.

Furthermore, the rankings assume that the distribution of personalities within every make/model is roughly the same. This is again problematic, as anybody can tell you that most makes/models tend to attract very specific demographics. And since people are different, their tolerances for dealing with issues will also vary. A young professional buying his first pride-and-joy luxury car is bound to be a bit more obsessive about little issues than his grandmother buying a midsize sedan to take her to the grocery store and back.

In the end, ANY study that relies on surveys to arrive at a result ought to be viewed with a bit of skepticism. Any applied statistics course could explain this is much better detail than I ever could.

All of this said, I did just sell my Range Rover to make room for my Wrangler. And, well, the Range was every bit as horrendously unreliable as the rankings and "brand history" would indicate. But it'd still just be anecdotal evidence if trying to use that to build a case against Land Rover as a whole. I'm just hoping that Mopar's Maximum Care covers me ten years down the line when the Wrangler is still around but becomes the third- or fourth-most-loved car in the stable.

Last edited:

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Hell Bill, you are in transit! What did they hit you with? They won’t budge?

Bill Tower

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited 4 door, Firecracker Red
Accessories 1792. VTR said it’s an title fee 229, doc fee 394 other fee 20.
The 1792 is for nitrogen in tires, paint protection and 440 tinting. Hell I air down when off-road and refill with CO2, I will have Arizona pin striping the first off road trail, then it will look like a Jeep.
The price out the door should have been 51434. There OTD is now 54441.10.
I refuse to be ripped off. They used me to get a sold order ahead of other orders.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.