DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry Dan, missed you there. Will update and PM shortly, give us an hour or so.
No problem! I'm having some issues with my Chromebook Pro, so I'll move to a Mac to see if that helps when I get the PM and password. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

No problem! I'm having some issues with my Chromebook Pro, so I'll move to a Mac to see if that helps when I get the PM and password. Thanks!
@DanW - new spreadsheet uploaded to first post. You and a few others have been added. See PM for the password :like:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW - new spreadsheet uploaded to first post. You and a few others have been added. See PM for the password :like:
Thanks for doing this! You guys are going way above and beyond in serving the members of this forum. I'm on many great forums, and I've never seen anything like it.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
Thank you @Administrator! Quick question - I know no one has D1 status on your list, but do most people have D status?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Thank you @Administrator! Quick question - I know no one has D1 status on your list, but do most people have D status?
While we can’t see C and D status, if you ordered within 3-4 days, your order should hit D in that timeframe.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
While we can’t see C and D status, if you ordered within 3-4 days, your order should hit D in that timeframe.
What will you be able to see? Production schedule? Production complete? Shipping date? Stuff like that?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
What will you be able to see? Production schedule? Production complete? Shipping date? Stuff like that?
Once it hits D1, it will get a “scheduled ETA” should be close to acurate. Should sit there for a couple weeks being built then should start seeing it move along to shipping.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Anyone have any intel if they’ve started production on JL or when they plan to?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Anyone have any intel if they’ve started production on JL or when they plan to?
Alledgely they have started. Not quite sure what the deal is here if they are waiting till the hard 13th date or what for the early orders they opened up.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Once the first order hits D1 we will update the spreadsheet with additional fields so you will have a better idea. Basically it will show each production event through to final delivery, with dates/locations, etc.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Alledgely they have started. Not quite sure what the deal is here if they are waiting till the hard 13th date or what for the early orders they opened up.
Ok, so what do we know about the alleged 90 day hold? Let's say my Jeep gets a late November production date, and is built by December 1. Will they put it in a giant lot outdoors, or do they have a warehouse? I'm guessing the 90 day hold would be for teams to give extra quality checks and to make fixes to things discovered and learned through early production. 90 days would give them plenty of time to find new things, too, and then be able to go back and implement fixes.

I'd love to know the details of the plan on how they'll do this. Once it gets marked for shipping, does it take long to get it on a train or truck and head to its destination? Indianapolis isn't that far from Toledo, so I'd guess mine would come by truck.

Sorry for all the bs, but this is the first new vehicle I've ordered from scratch, so I'm pretty excited. The interior pics have me salivating over this thing tonight!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
One more question....I saw pics of a "proving ground" or obstacle course, complete with dirt trails and hills, outside the Toledo plant. Have they talked about doing a Corvette-style deal where a buyer can show up at the plant to take delivery of the Jeep and then take it on a guided ride on the course? That would be amazing, and I'd sign up for that immediately! (Actually, Corvette lets you watch your car go down the assembly line and they let you drive it off. Their volume is low enough to do that. I bet it would be a scheduling nightmare to try that with a high volume vehicle like the Wrangler.)

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Ok, so what do we know about the alleged 90 day hold? Let's say my Jeep gets a late November production date, and is built by December 1. Will they put it in a giant lot outdoors, or do they have a warehouse? I'm guessing the 90 day hold would be for teams to give extra quality checks and to make fixes to things discovered and learned through early production. 90 days would give them plenty of time to find new things, too, and then be able to go back and implement fixes.

I'd love to know the details of the plan on how they'll do this. Once it gets marked for shipping, does it take long to get it on a train or truck and head to its destination? Indianapolis isn't that far from Toledo, so I'd guess mine would come by truck.

Sorry for all the bs, but this is the first new vehicle I've ordered from scratch, so I'm pretty excited. The interior pics have me salivating over this thing tonight!
Haven’t heard anything solid on a hold. I’ll try to post an example of the tracking tomorrow.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

One more question....I saw pics of a "proving ground" or obstacle course, complete with dirt trails and hills, outside the Toledo plant. Have they talked about doing a Corvette-style deal where a buyer can show up at the plant to take delivery of the Jeep and then take it on a guided ride on the course? That would be amazing, and I'd sign up for that immediately! (Actually, Corvette lets you watch your car go down the assembly line and they let you drive it off. Their volume is low enough to do that. I bet it would be a scheduling nightmare to try that with a high volume vehicle like the Wrangler.)
We were hoping for that but alas it's only for Toledo employees and select members of the press (see here). Probably for the best, or we'd have a new "Delivered pending obstacle course availability" status :cwl:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.