Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyguy81

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
I mean I know that I would personally say no....the only thing that would make me go 800+ miles is $3,000 savings minimum. Traveling sucks, regardless of flying or driving both ways....but thats because I do it ALL the time for work so I am probably biased....and I have a trade in that I need to do well on, so thats also another factor for me specifically.
I travel for work all the time too and there a lot of things I’d rather do than stare at a highway for 15 hours even if it is in a new rig. My dealer low-balled my trade so I sold it last week for $3k more than they offered privately. I’ll see if any of the other dealers I talked to will budge with the Dillon’s deal and then use that against my dealer.
Advertisement

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
I think mine is 15 hour. Still not bad IMO
I used to drive 15 hours every other weekend going to and from ga to see my gf.
So I would definitely do it for my Jeep. The only problem was I stopped at 5 “choke and pukes”
I travel for work all the time too and there a lot of things I’d rather do than stare at a highway for 15 hours even if it is in a new rig. My dealer low-balled my trade so I sold it last week for $3k more than they offered privately. I’ll see if any of the other dealers I talked to will budge with the Dillon’s deal and then use that against my dealer.
The only way I’d wanna drive 15 hours is if a could make a trip of it and take my new rig on some trails along the way. But this would defeat the purpose because Unlike @Smarrtazz I know I could eat my way through 3k bucks on a trip like that. I get too excited at “choke and pukes”.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I mean I know that I would personally say no....the only thing that would make me go 800+ miles is $3,000 savings minimum. Traveling sucks, regardless of flying or driving both ways....but thats because I do it ALL the time for work so I am probably biased....and I have a trade in that I need to do well on, so thats also another factor for me specifically.
From where I started with my dealership and to what Craig offered, the difference was over $5,000. That’s because my dealer doesn’t want to deal.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used to drive 15 hours every other weekend going to and from ga to see my gf.
So I would definitely do it for my Jeep. The only problem was I stopped at 5 “choke and pukes”

The only way I’d wanna drive 15 hours is if a could make a trip of it and take my new rig on some trails along the way. But this would defeat the purpose because Unlike @Smarrtazz I know I could eat my way through 3k bucks on a trip like that. I get too excited at “choke and pukes”.
Hahahaha

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
From where I started with my dealership and to what Craig offered, the difference was over $5,000. That’s because my dealer doesn’t want to deal.
oh your dealer was only willing to do MSRP? (I was looking at the invoice price) then yea that is about $5k. In that case traveling to Koons would be worth it IMO. I would still search out other dealers in a closer area first, but if thats your only 2 options then yea I agree, totally worth it.

If you can stay in like a 200 mile radius from home and get maybe -2% or -3% its worth it.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Craig is going to give me my out the door pricing tomorrow. Apparently, even Batman needs a well-deserved day off :)

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh your dealer was only willing to do MSRP? (I was looking at the invoice price) then yea that is about $5k. In that case traveling to Koons would be worth it IMO. I would still search out other dealers in a closer area first, but if thats your only 2 options then yea I agree, totally worth it.

If you can stay in like a 200 mile radius from home and get maybe -2% or -3% its worth it.
Believe me, I’m looking!

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see you followed my advice to get Craig’s quote. Hell of a difference isn’t it?
It is! I thank you for your helpful advice. If I can’t find something closer, that’s where I’ll be going :)

loco

First Name
john
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrangler 2dr sport S
I almost ordered a JL Sahara from Koons/Craig. The dealers in the Florida panhandle are just lazy lot salesmen and sales ladies. They know nothing about a JL. SO I checked on having a trucking company pick up a jeep at Koons and ship it to my residence. The average price from 4 shippers was $800. My problem is that I have a 2015 Wrangler Sport S that I need to trade in. So I would have to drive round trip 1900 miles. Figuring in hotel stays mileage etc: the trip would cost about $800 and a week there and back. Not willing to do that. So I found a jeep dealer in Orlando that did 1% below invoice and KBB value on my trade in 2015 wrangler.
For those who are far away from Koons and can't get a deal from your local dealers, but don't want to travel a long distance for a good Koons deal, check on ordering from Craig and having to Jeep shipped from Koons to your house. If you don't have to trade in a vehicle.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I almost ordered a JL Sahara from Koons/Craig. The dealers in the Florida panhandle are just lazy lot salesmen and sales ladies. They know nothing about a JL. SO I checked on having a trucking company pick up a jeep at Koons and ship it to my residence. The average price from 4 shippers was $800. My problem is that I have a 2015 Wrangler Sport S that I need to trade in. So I would have to drive round trip 1900 miles. Figuring in hotel stays mileage etc: the trip would cost about $800 and a week there and back. Not willing to do that. So I found a jeep dealer in Orlando that did 1% below invoice and KBB value on my trade in 2015 wrangler.
For those who are far away from Koons and can't get a deal from your local dealers, but don't want to travel a long distance for a good Koons deal, check on ordering from Craig and having to Jeep shipped from Koons to your house. If you don't have to trade in a vehicle.
I see your dilemma. I don’t have a trade-in, so the Koons option works for me.

hilljackglh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150. 2018 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Retired Dentist
Stillbeats the Hell out of Naples dealer offer

docjeep

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, Firecracker Red
This isn’t the forum to debate this point but you keep commenting....I ordered with Koon’s on 11/9. Expect it to arrive between Jan 18-24 per tracking schedule and confirmed with Craig. Shipping is absolutely included in their pricing. I have my final out the door price already so I could get the check to bring with me to pick it up next week.

I ordered from them before they posted their group offer on here. Originally they told me 3% below which was much better than I could do locally so I ordered and put my deposit down. Once they decided to increase to 5% (again, before posting here) Craig emailed me and said they were increasing my discount to 5%. Realistically they probably could have kept 3% since I had signed and agreed to that...I would have asked for the 5% but they did it without me asking or even knowing about it...this, in my mind, says a lot about them as I know a lot of dealers would not do that.

They’ve been doing something very similar for years....I’m not sure how they make it work and make money but being in business myself I’m sure they are making money somehow or they wouldn’t do the deal. If others don’t have the volume or ability to do it that’s on them, not Koons.

I’ll confirm when I pick up next week but again I have the final buyers order detailed out with pricing of the Jeep, processing fee, tax, tags, etc. and I told them I’m using that for my check I’m bringing so do not expect anything to change at all.

Mark,
i've been working with Craig as well and have been very impressed.
How long did it take after coming out of D1 to shipping?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superchips TrailDash 3

Advertisement