Not open for further replies.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
$53,100 yikes....mine came in almost $10k under yours ($44,212). Its amazing how quick the price jumps when you start stacking features.

I didnt do the cold weather, leather, the wheels (stock look better IMO), dual top, proximity, no painted matched stuff, or the safety group...all that equals close to $10k...thats impressive...well and my dealer doc fees are about $300 cheaper.

Edit: my 44,212 does not factor taxes where yours does so yea its more like $6500 difference
What do the stock wheels look like? Do you have a photo?
Sponsored

mark195

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2016 SRT
$53,100 yikes....mine came in almost $10k under yours ($44,212). Its amazing how quick the price jumps when you start stacking features.

I didnt do the cold weather, leather, the wheels (stock look better IMO), dual top, proximity, no painted matched stuff, or the safety group...all that equals close to $10k...thats impressive...well and my dealer doc fees are about $300 cheaper.

Edit: my 44,212 does not factor taxes where yours does so yea its more like $6500 difference
The price on these did jump up but somewhat expected that....my MSRP came in at $55,245. Higher than I wanted but with the Koons discount and $500 golden ticket I got will be under $49k (plus tax, tags, and fee). I almost bought a Rubicon Recon last summer before deciding to hold off for the new one and that wouldn’t have been much less. I do agree though once you start adding options it jumps up. I got the upgraded wheels since when I ordered I had no clue which was which and assumed they’d be better....seeing them now it’s a toss up to be, like them both if ordering today would have just gone stock but too late and I’m not going to the back of the line over that at this point.

Fuggedaboudit

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
This isn’t the forum to debate this point but you keep commenting....I ordered with Koon’s on 11/9. Expect it to arrive between Jan 18-24 per tracking schedule and confirmed with Craig. Shipping is absolutely included in their pricing. I have my final out the door price already so I could get the check to bring with me to pick it up next week.

I ordered from them before they posted their group offer on here. Originally they told me 3% below which was much better than I could do locally so I ordered and put my deposit down. Once they decided to increase to 5% (again, before posting here) Craig emailed me and said they were increasing my discount to 5%. Realistically they probably could have kept 3% since I had signed and agreed to that...I would have asked for the 5% but they did it without me asking or even knowing about it...this, in my mind, says a lot about them as I know a lot of dealers would not do that.

They’ve been doing something very similar for years....I’m not sure how they make it work and make money but being in business myself I’m sure they are making money somehow or they wouldn’t do the deal. If others don’t have the volume or ability to do it that’s on them, not Koons.

I’ll confirm when I pick up next week but again I have the final buyers order detailed out with pricing of the Jeep, processing fee, tax, tags, etc. and I told them I’m using that for my check I’m bringing so do not expect anything to change at all.
Same here, after we agreed on the deal and I saw the processing fee went up $100, I emailed him and said I cant keep having the price change because I plan on bringing one check for that total we agreed on. He replied no you are grandfathered in at the lower processing fee and everything we agreed on stands. Everything has been really simple unlike the dealers around my area.

Sounds like you will have yours before me, please let us do know how the experience is picking it up...

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
This isn’t the forum to debate this point but you keep commenting....I ordered with Koon’s on 11/9. Expect it to arrive between Jan 18-24 per tracking schedule and confirmed with Craig. Shipping is absolutely included in their pricing. I have my final out the door price already so I could get the check to bring with me to pick it up next week.

I ordered from them before they posted their group offer on here. Originally they told me 3% below which was much better than I could do locally so I ordered and put my deposit down. Once they decided to increase to 5% (again, before posting here) Craig emailed me and said they were increasing my discount to 5%. Realistically they probably could have kept 3% since I had signed and agreed to that...I would have asked for the 5% but they did it without me asking or even knowing about it...this, in my mind, says a lot about them as I know a lot of dealers would not do that.

They’ve been doing something very similar for years....I’m not sure how they make it work and make money but being in business myself I’m sure they are making money somehow or they wouldn’t do the deal. If others don’t have the volume or ability to do it that’s on them, not Koons.

I’ll confirm when I pick up next week but again I have the final buyers order detailed out with pricing of the Jeep, processing fee, tax, tags, etc. and I told them I’m using that for my check I’m bringing so do not expect anything to change at all.
Sorry if I offended you. It wasn’t my intent to debate anything. Thanks for answering my question about their pricing. I had conflicting info on whether shipping was included. I’m always a skeptic until everything is said and done. Ive already ordered my Jeep but I have family in the Carolinas who are looking and they can definitely benefit from the deal and still be there for oil changes. Congrats! Please post some pics when you pick it up!

Fuggedaboudit

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Also i received my POC from Craig, it has a ship date of 1/29. I been trying to keep up on here and saw that is actually the build date. Is that a solid statement because i am ok with that as long as i know something is happening? I say that because i see other guys on here from October and so forth still waiting

Sponsored

mark195

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2016 SRT
Sorry if I offended you. It wasn’t my intent to debate anything. Thanks for answering my question about their pricing. I had conflicting info on whether shipping was included. I’m always a skeptic until everything is said and done. Ive already ordered my Jeep but I have family in the Carolinas who are looking and they can definitely benefit from the deal and still be there for oil changes. Congrats! Please post some pics when you pick it up!
No problem, wasn’t offended just want to make sure people have accurate info. I’ve seen a few other threads where people are questioning/challenging their deal with little or no facts just coming up with reasons its too good to be true (which it almost is) I did a lot of research before placing the order and almost ordered a JK from Craig last summer...no pressure at all back then when I decided to wait on the JL.

I have very little concern things will not work out....just patiently waiting for it to arrive sometime soon.

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
I ordered mine end of Dec. Best price in the Denver metro I could find was 1% below invoice with $599 dealer fees.

Then I heard about then Dillon’s deal and am debating whether or not a $299 dealer fee and an add’l $2k off is worth a 860 mi drive. Don’t have to pay for airfare so it’s just the value of time. I did put $500 down on my order and the receipt doesn’t say refundable or non-refundable so even if I don’t get it back is $1500 worth it? I’ll be making a call to my dealer to see if they’ll lower another 2%.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem, wasn’t offended just want to make sure people have accurate info. I’ve seen a few other threads where people are questioning/challenging their deal with little or no facts just coming up with reasons its too good to be true (which it almost is) I did a lot of research before placing the order and almost ordered a JK from Craig last summer...no pressure at all back then when I decided to wait on the JL.

I have very little concern things will not work out....just patiently waiting for it to arrive sometime soon.
Just curious. Are you close to Koons?

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT

I had little concern waiting for mine to arrive until I saw the shipping truck with the damaged jl. I assumed it doesn’t happen often, but when I mentioned it to my dealer he said it’s actually surprising how often small damages occur on transport trucks. Like not tightening a strap and having it put a dent in a car or scratching the paint. I already have ocd now I just added on some anxiety. :facepalm:

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had little concern waiting for mine to arrive until I saw the shipping truck with the damaged jl. I assumed it doesn’t happen often, but when I mentioned it to my dealer he said it’s actually surprising how often small damages occur on transport trucks. Like not tightening a strap and having it put a dent in a car or scratching the paint. I already have ocd now I just added on some anxiety. :facepalm:
:fist bump: Right there with you

Sponsored

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Just to help clear up some confusion with timing. Turns out a buddy of a buddy works for Jeep or FCA not exactly sure which but he looked up my vin and had this to say...

“His car hasn't even been downloaded to the plant yet. It's currently in D1 status, it gets downloaded in D2. It's been sitting for 14 days. Order was placed on 1/1/18. Estimated ship date is 1/18.
So that tells me that it should be begin to be built either today or tmrw. It typically only takes 2-3 days to build the car... but it'll take another couple of weeks for it to ship. Usual orders from start to finish are about 45 days. I'll keep an eye on it.”

Just to provide some insight on their terminology and what not.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine end of Dec. Best price in the Denver metro I could find was 1% below invoice with $599 dealer fees.

Then I heard about then Dillon’s deal and am debating whether or not a $299 dealer fee and an add’l $2k off is worth a 860 mi drive. Don’t have to pay for airfare so it’s just the value of time. I did put $500 down on my order and the receipt doesn’t say refundable or non-refundable so even if I don’t get it back is $1500 worth it? I’ll be making a call to my dealer to see if they’ll lower another 2%.
I mean I know that I would personally say no....the only thing that would make me go 800+ miles is $3,000 savings minimum. Traveling sucks, regardless of flying or driving both ways....but thats because I do it ALL the time for work so I am probably biased....and I have a trade in that I need to do well on, so thats also another factor for me specifically.

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
I mean I know that I would personally say no....the only thing that would make me go 800+ miles is $3,000 savings minimum. Traveling sucks, regardless of flying or driving both ways....but thats because I do it ALL the time for work so I am probably biased....and I have a trade in that I need to do well on, so thats also another factor for me specifically.
I travel for work all the time too and there a lot of things I’d rather do than stare at a highway for 15 hours even if it is in a new rig. My dealer low-balled my trade so I sold it last week for $3k more than they offered privately. I’ll see if any of the other dealers I talked to will budge with the Dillon’s deal and then use that against my dealer.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.