Not open for further replies.

Nick80

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon & 2010 Jeep Commander
Used jeep chat again they said its in production :jk:with an updated ship date later today. I guess we will see they told me last time an estimated ship date of 1/17 and the spread sheet still shows me in D. :headbang:

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You are looking at roughly $2400 price difference, and Koons is near D.C while you are somehwere in Florida. If you drive it you are looking at a minimum of 28-30 hours (assuming you live anywhere near Orlando) total of just driving back and forth (if you fly then lets just call it 15-16 hour return trip). Also you may want to factor in the break in 300-500 miles for the Jeep which will slow you down for the first bit home.

Cost of going to Koons,

Realistically you could fly up one-way for give or take $120-$250 depending on airline and how early you book the flight once you know a for sure Jeep arrival date to Koons. Koons is offering to pick folks up so that saves you there, and you would be on the hook for gas and whatever other expenses you incur on the way back. Even if you fly early morning (or the night before) you will probably be looking at at least a one night hotel cost for staying the night before, or flying early and staying somewhere on the way home. Let me break it down a little further for real world numbers assuming you live anywhere near Orlando:

Orlando to Koons is 845 miles via I-95
Jeep is estimating 22MPG for all trim levels so roll with that as a base (we all know you will sit in traffic on I-95 at some point)
845/22 = 38.5 gallons
Average gas price between VA and FL is $2.36, 2.36x38.5 = $90.86
Add the 1 hotel stay lets just call that $100 unless you stay at a motel 6 or something.
Food during the trip...lets just say thats $20 (even though you can spend $20 at an airport for a snack and water these days!)

So you are at roughly $330-$460 depending on how much your flight and hotel cost is, and assuming the gas numbers are legit.

So you are saving somewhere in the $1,940 to $2,070 range. This does not factor in any issues you might have, and you are now losing any dealership specific incentives you may have acquired in doing a local deal (i.e. the free oil changes, inspections, guarantees, etc)

Just figure out if its worth it to you or not.

The reason I say you will need a hotel is because I have personally never gotten out of a car deal from a dealership is less than 3 hours. If they open at 9am, thats noon already, and your looking at 16 hour drive in one day after flying in on an early morning flight? (same applies to if you stay the night before and just push on through that next very long day).

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
Just because shipping is in the invoice price on the poc which they use to show you invoice price doesn’t mean it is part of your deal so I would double check and confirm with them. I have never personally dealt with koons I have only heard from dealers how they advertise and I know only one person who bought a jk from them a few years ago. Buddy with the jk warned me not to go there and dealers just talk about how there is no way they can do what they say because they would be losing money. So either they are losing money,which seems unlikely due to the fact they are still in business, or that isn’t the actual price. That being said I personally haven’t dealt with them, but I always start with reading in the fine print and I would advise you to go in and make sure the price is what you’re expecting. And be willing to drive all the way back home if it isn’t. If everything works out id love to know how close out the door was to the price you were given and how the experience was so I can recommend them in the future. I’m only hesitant now because everyone on the forum is talking about how great koons is, but I’ve yet to see any of them walk out of the door with their Jeep. Keep me updated @PaPasJP @Smarrtazz

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
I can’t eat meals for 2 days for $20. But biggest problem for me is the 2-3 days

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
2DB1A0BD-0F36-4D31-A6B5-2E5975A1260D.jpeg
You are looking at roughly $2400 price difference, and Koons is near D.C while you are somehwere in Florida. If you drive it you are looking at a minimum of 28-30 hours (assuming you live anywhere near Orlando) total of just driving back and forth (if you fly then lets just call it 15-16 hour return trip). Also you may want to factor in the break in 300-500 miles for the Jeep which will slow you down for the first bit home.

Cost of going to Koons,

Realistically you could fly up one-way for give or take $120-$250 depending on airline and how early you book the flight once you know a for sure Jeep arrival date to Koons. Koons is offering to pick folks up so that saves you there, and you would be on the hook for gas and whatever other expenses you incur on the way back. Even if you fly early morning (or the night before) you will probably be looking at at least a one night hotel cost for staying the night before, or flying early and staying somewhere on the way home. Let me break it down a little further for real world numbers assuming you live anywhere near Orlando:

Orlando to Koons is 845 miles via I-95
Jeep is estimating 22MPG for all trim levels so roll with that as a base (we all know you will sit in traffic on I-95 at some point)
845/22 = 38.5 gallons
Average gas price between VA and FL is $2.36, 2.36x38.5 = $90.86
Add the 1 hotel stay lets just call that $100 unless you stay at a motel 6 or something.
Food during the trip...lets just say thats $20 (even though you can spend $20 at an airport for a snack and water these days!)

So you are at roughly $330-$460 depending on how much your flight and hotel cost is, and assuming the gas numbers are legit.

So you are saving somewhere in the $1,940 to $2,070 range. This does not factor in any issues you might have, and you are now losing any dealership specific incentives you may have acquired in doing a local deal (i.e. the free oil changes, inspections, guarantees, etc)

Just figure out if its worth it to you or not.

The reason I say you will need a hotel is because I have personally never gotten out of a car deal from a dealership is less than 3 hours. If they open at 9am, thats noon already, and your looking at 16 hour drive in one day after flying in on an early morning flight? (same applies to if you stay the night before and just push on through that next very long day).
Thank you for doing this! I am inquiring at all the Fl dealers first. I’m giving my dealer until Friday to do the right thing. I have emails into one dealership in Verizon Beach, but haven’t heard back. I’ll upload the latest deal my dealer offered.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t eat meals for 2 days for $20. But biggest problem for me is the 2-3 days
I was assuming she is a female (based on profile picture.....yes I assume peoples genders...calm down snowflakes!) and probably doesnt ham it out like you or I would lol Still a very low estimate but meal cost is the minimal part of the whole thing anyways lol

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just because shipping is in the invoice price on the poc which they use to show you invoice price doesn’t mean it is part of your deal so I would double check and confirm with them. I have never personally dealt with koons I have only heard from dealers how they advertise and I know only one person who bought a jk from them a few years ago. Buddy with the jk warned me not to go there and dealers just talk about how there is no way they can do what they say because they would be losing money. So either they are losing money,which seems unlikely due to the fact they are still in business, or that isn’t the actual price. That being said I personally haven’t dealt with them, but I always start with reading in the fine print and I would advise you to go in and make sure the price is what you’re expecting. And be willing to drive all the way back home if it isn’t. If everything works out id love to know how close out the door was to the price you were given and how the experience was so I can recommend them in the future. I’m only hesitant now because everyone on the forum is talking about how great koons is, but I’ve yet to see any of them walk out of the door with their Jeep. Keep me updated @PaPasJP @Smarrtazz
Thank you :)

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
2DB1A0BD-0F36-4D31-A6B5-2E5975A1260D.jpeg

Thank you for doing this! I am inquiring at all the Fl dealers first. I’m giving my dealer until Friday to do the right thing. I have emails into one dealership in Verizon Beach, but haven’t heard back. I’ll upload the latest deal my dealer offered.
Sure, hope it all works out for you. Advantage to the free market is, you can always use the Koons deal as a starting point then see what your local dealer is willing to work out because most will say "heck no" to -5% but they may settle at -2% or -3% (and if not you can use TL for the -1% as plan B)

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was assuming she is a female and probably doesnt ham it out like you or I would lol Still a very low estimate but meal cost is the minimal part of the whole thing anyways lol
True...Salads and protein shakes can get me through the day :)

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure, hope it all works out for you. Advantage to the free market is, you can always use the Koons deal as a starting point then see what your local dealer is willing to work out because most will say "heck no" to -5% but they may settle at -2% or -3% (and if not you can use TL for the -1% as plan B)
Funny thing-I showed him the Koons deal and he acted like he couldn’t read or comprehend math (insert eye-roll emoji). Then, I mentioned the Tread Lightly membership and he said that it’s their prerogative whether they accept it or not. Then, he would do me a favor and give me the car at invoice.

mark195

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2016 SRT
This isn’t the forum to debate this point but you keep commenting....I ordered with Koon’s on 11/9. Expect it to arrive between Jan 18-24 per tracking schedule and confirmed with Craig. Shipping is absolutely included in their pricing. I have my final out the door price already so I could get the check to bring with me to pick it up next week.

I ordered from them before they posted their group offer on here. Originally they told me 3% below which was much better than I could do locally so I ordered and put my deposit down. Once they decided to increase to 5% (again, before posting here) Craig emailed me and said they were increasing my discount to 5%. Realistically they probably could have kept 3% since I had signed and agreed to that...I would have asked for the 5% but they did it without me asking or even knowing about it...this, in my mind, says a lot about them as I know a lot of dealers would not do that.

They’ve been doing something very similar for years....I’m not sure how they make it work and make money but being in business myself I’m sure they are making money somehow or they wouldn’t do the deal. If others don’t have the volume or ability to do it that’s on them, not Koons.

I’ll confirm when I pick up next week but again I have the final buyers order detailed out with pricing of the Jeep, processing fee, tax, tags, etc. and I told them I’m using that for my check I’m bringing so do not expect anything to change at all.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
$53,100 yikes....mine came in almost $10k under yours ($44,212). Its amazing how quick the price jumps when you start stacking features.

I didnt do the cold weather, leather, the wheels (stock look better IMO), dual top, proximity, no painted matched stuff, or the safety group...all that equals close to $10k...thats impressive...well and my dealer doc fees are about $300 cheaper.

Edit: my 44,212 does not factor taxes where yours does so yea its more like $6500 difference

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This isn’t the forum to debate this point but you keep commenting....I ordered with Koon’s on 11/9. Expect it to arrive between Jan 18-24 per tracking schedule and confirmed with Craig. Shipping is absolutely included in their pricing. I have my final out the door price already so I could get the check to bring with me to pick it up next week.

I ordered from them before they posted their group offer on here. Originally they told me 3% below which was much better than I could do locally so I ordered and put my deposit down. Once they decided to increase to 5% (again, before posting here) Craig emailed me and said they were increasing my discount to 5%. Realistically they probably could have kept 3% since I had signed and agreed to that...I would have asked for the 5% but they did it without me asking or even knowing about it...this, in my mind, says a lot about them as I know a lot of dealers would not do that.

They’ve been doing something very similar for years....I’m not sure how they make it work and make money but being in business myself I’m sure they are making money somehow or they wouldn’t do the deal. If others don’t have the volume or ability to do it that’s on them, not Koons.

I’ll confirm when I pick up next week but again I have the final buyers order detailed out with pricing of the Jeep, processing fee, tax, tags, etc. and I told them I’m using that for my check I’m bringing so do not expect anything to change at all.
Sounds great. I’ve only dealt with Craig via email so far, but I have to say he was very prompt in his replies and up front about the fees. I will get an out the door pricing. I also think it was upstanding of him to increase your savings rate. Best of luck and let us know your POV in your dealings. :)

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$53,100 yikes....mine came in almost $10k under yours ($44,212). Its amazing how quick the price jumps when you start stacking features.

I didnt do the cold weather, leather, the wheels (stock look better IMO), dual top, proximity, no painted matched stuff, or the safety group...all that equals close to $10k...thats impressive...well and my dealer doc fees are about $300 cheaper.
Crazy isn’t it? I saved $1,000 when I changed from the painted top to the black top.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.