Order notification time from factory

Cleanowl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I ordered a jl Rubican on Saturday the 27 th of January. The dealer put it in on Monday morning the 29th. They said I would receive emails from the factory regarding the status. My question is, how long before I hear something ? I understand it's going to take a while but will I at least get a estimate from them?
Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
I was wondering the same, I ordered my JLUR on Monday the 29th. Dealer told me the window would be 6-20 weeks. Can't wait

untitled.png

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a jl Rubican on Saturday the 27 th of January. The dealer put it in on Monday morning the 29th. They said I would receive emails from the factory regarding the status. My question is, how long before I hear something ? I understand it's going to take a while but will I at least get a estimate from them?
emails from the factory? wouldnt count on that....the only updates you will get are if you get on the tracking list here after @JAY announces its opening back up, or contact them yourself via jeep chat or the phone number to inquire.

I dont think the factory has been sending emails since back in the day when VOTS worked...which was like 2014 or so.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering the same, I ordered my JLUR on Monday the 29th. Dealer told me the window would be 6-20 weeks. Can't wait

untitled.png
6 is probably not enough, but 20 is a stretch....Jeep (Toledo) is quoting 8-12 weeks which seems to be right on the money at the moment...some that get lucky are faster.

OP
OP

Cleanowl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Salesman told me could be as fast as 4 weeks or as long as 8. I'm not sure but I thought I saw his nose get longer!! I also saw that special orders go in front of dealer stock orders. Be nice if that were true

Sponsored

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 Impala SS, BMW X5M, 2018 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I was told the same thing about receiving an e-mail from the factory within 2 weeks but I already knew that wasn't going to happen. 8-10 weeks is the timeline I was given. Best bet for updates is what @FCrackerJLRubi mentioned, jeep chat and the list here (when it opens up). When you contact Jeep Chat, it seems like members here get more detailed statuses from certain reps(like the infamous Dylan :cwl:)

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
I was told 6-12 weeks. I do Jeep chat once a week and text my dealer about the same. Been in D1 for two weeks now...

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Mine looks like it’ll be 6-7 weeks total, but we will see when it gets here, in KZ now

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine looks like it’ll be 6-7 weeks total, but we will see when it gets here, in KZ now
almost the same, my dealer is optimistic it will be here early next week based on other Jeep models he has scheduled to come in (he has a shipment containing 2 2018 JKs and cherocar, and 2 grand cherocars coming in tuesday. He is telling me mine might come with those but is not for sure on that. If that was the case and mine arrives Tuesday....that would put me at exactly 61 days from order to delivery...a few days short of 9 weeks.

If it arrives at the max estimated date of 2/16 then thats exactly 10 weeks.

I like my dealer, but as we have all seen, its more of a believe it when I see it for sure! :rock::like:

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
Can someone tell me how to track my VIN . . . Jeep Chat? I ordered a little over a week ago and received my VIN yesterday. So, now what? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sponsored

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
You're welcome. Also check with your dealership as sometimes certain representatives you chat with say they can't provide status codes.

jb2980

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2017 Explorer XLT; 2013 Shelby GT500; 1985 Mustang GT

untitled.png
6-20? I was quoted 4-6 for factory orders -- that seems average for most models/options although 6-8 would be a better estimation on their part. 4-6 is probably accurate for the rest of the lineup. Unless you ordered in October or November. A JM Wrangler will probably out by then...

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
6-20? I was quoted 4-6 for factory orders -- that seems average for most models/options although 6-8 would be a better estimation on their part. 4-6 is probably accurate for the rest of the lineup. Unless you ordered in October or November. A JM Wrangler will probably out by then...
I know it will likely be less than 20 based on what folks here are saying. Still can't wait!
Sponsored