Sponsored

Order new or buy this used one?

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Some 2018s are finally starting to hit the used market, making me wonder if it makes sense for me to save a few bucks on a used one. The one I have built is around $54k MSRP and I'm shooting for a deal around $47k (8% under invoice). This one popped up that is closely equipped and has me pondering a used one:

https://www.jonesautocenters.com/us...nlimited-e090cdf60a0e0aea18c46a0cedddc967.htm

The owner definitely drove it, putting on 15k miles in the first year, but it seems reasonably clean. If I can get them down a couple grand, it makes a compelling case. It has all my deal-breaker options and some stuff that I don't care about (engine block heater, steel bumpers, body-colored fenders). I don't mind white, but would order sting gray.

What do you guys think? How much of a savings would it have taken to make you consider used? I'm not strapped financially, but the truth is, I work from home when not traveling and don't even really need a car, let alone a $50k one, so if i can save, I'm all for it. Thanks!
Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I paid $48,800 for my loaded 2018 Rubi on 3/4/18. MSRP was $53,900... I felt it was a good price( I really shopped it in CA.) and absolutely love it. I too work from home so I only will put about 5,000 miles a year on it. The white Rubi you reference seems like a good price/nice JL Rubi. If I did not have mine I would be very interested in purchasing the one you reference in the link..Already a solid 15% below new... feel out the dealer see if they will negotiate. In my opinion it will sell fast.