Sponsored

Order Anti-spin Limited Slip Differential Rear Axle or not.

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
not sure that LSD option makes any sense to me given the improvements in electronic stability and also BLD - aside from beefier axle, which seems nice but not sure if personally needed - and i’m in new england, with lots of ice and snow around...no worries passing on LSD option on an otherwise fully loaded sport s

this dude wrote a great review of the new JL and did some driving and off roading with only factory BLD in a rubicon, and concludes that it might not even need lockers for most offroad work...
https://www.sa4x4.co.za/first-drive-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl/
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My order sheet with LSD shows 245/75/17 AT tires and I didn’t upgrade wheels.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I also wonder if the Dana 44 rear axle actually comes with the LSD?
In the build configurator when you upgrade to the anti spin differential it replaces the all season tires with all terrain tires and upgrades to a 3rd Generation Dana 44 HD Rear Axle

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
Without a doubt, yes!!
On a related question, when building a Sahara on the Jeep.com configuator, if you select the limited slip differential it also requires you to take the upgraded wheels. However I saw an early-build Sahara at a dealer with LSD and the standard wheels. Can they still be ordered that way (i.e., is the configurator wrong)?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
On a related question, when building a Sahara on the Jeep.com configuator, if you select the limited slip differential it also requires you to take the upgraded wheels. However I saw an early-build Sahara at a dealer with LSD and the standard wheels. Can they still be ordered that way (i.e., is the configurator wrong)?
Configurator is wrong
Sponsored