Sponsored

Order Anti-spin Limited Slip Differential Rear Axle or not.

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
3804662D-5680-43D7-97CC-CA9D63089570.jpeg
Order sheet with AT tires and LSD:
Interesting, but you ordered a 4 door Sahara and Select-Trac. I wonder if A/T tires and/or Dana 44 come with LSD on a 2 door Sport or Sport S?
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Well that is interesting because it doesn't match the order guide where it clearly says you can't get the AT tires with the default wheels (WHG). And there is no dependency for Anti-Spin. This would actually be good news for me if it is true.

2018_wrangler_4_door_jl_12_21_2017-4-jpg.jpg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Can you get SelecTrac without getting the anti spin rear differential? Or is it required package deal?
No. It requires the anti-spin rear differential.

teej

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR Rubicon
Well that is interesting because it doesn't match the order guide where it clearly says you can't get the AT tires with the default wheels (WHG). And there is no dependency for Anti-Spin. This would actually be good news for me if it is true.
Now I’m worried maybe there was a glitch in the ordering system? I went into it expecting that the upgraded rims would be required, but it let the dealer put through the order as shown...

(Sorry to sidetrack this conversation. Didn’t catch that the initial questions were around the 2-door!)

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
No. It requires the anti-spin rear differential.
When I build and price on jeep.com it allows you to have only SelcTrac without anti spin rear differential.however when I went to build with the dealer he said it was automatically packaging in the anti-spin rear differential when selecting the SelecTrac option.

Please can anyone clarify?

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
When I build and price on jeep.com it allows you to have only SelcTrac without anti spin rear differential.however when I went to build with the dealer he said it was automatically packaging in the anti-spin rear differential when selecting the SelecTrac option.

See post #339 here:

Ask-A-Jeep-Dealer Thread

It also shows required in the Order Guide.

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU

I am pretty sure to have the full time four wheel drive that SelecTrac gives you, that you must have the limited slip rear to avoid binding, but that is my understanding and I am no expert.

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Unfortunately I don't think this is true anymore. The Order Guide has changed.

It looks like to get the All-Terrain you need the upgraded wheels.

Can anyone confirm if they know differently?
Where are you seeing this changed 31?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Where are you seeing this changed 31?
See the order guide above. I went back and the order guide did change since 12/4 (see below).

In the 12/4 order guide it said you need to have the upgraded tires. And the upgraded tires say you need limited slip or upgraded wheels. But the upgraded tires also said they couldn't be ordered with the standard wheels. So very confusing.

In the newer order guide there is no link between limited slip and the upgraded tires. They just require the upgraded wheels.

I asked on the dealer thread for clarification but he did not answer.

2018_Wrangler_4_door_JL_12_04_2017-4.jpg

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
See the order guide above. I went back and the order guide did change since 12/4 (see below).

In the 12/4 order guide it said you need to have the upgraded tires. And the upgraded tires say you need limited slip or upgraded wheels. But the upgraded tires also said they couldn't be ordered with the standard wheels. So very confusing.

In the newer order guide there is no link between limited slip and the upgraded tires. They just require the upgraded wheels.

I asked on the dealer thread for clarification but he did not answer.

2018_Wrangler_4_door_JL_12_04_2017-4.jpg
tbh it's confusing. ig we'll know soon. i saw another mistake or error on the wrangler features "interior page" where it shows the 2 door sport having no 12v in the rear of the center console while the 4 door sport having the 12v. then in the specs page it lists 2 12v for each model, 2 or 4 door. i wish i knew what was accurate...

Sponsored

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
Interesting, but you ordered a 4 door Sahara and Select-Trac. I wonder if A/T tires and/or Dana 44 come with LSD on a 2 door Sport or Sport S?
The Jeep.com configurator has been changed. Now when I build a 2 door Sport S and add limited slip differential it does say that it includes Dana 44 and A/T tires. However, when building a base Sport and adding LSD it says that includes A/T tires but doesn't mention the Dana 44?

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Absolutely get the rear LSD. I wish it was an option on the Rubicon (in addition to the lockers).

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
One would be crazy not to get LSD. I have a Helical Spline (TrueTrac) type LSD installed in my JKU and it's one of the mods I ever did.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The Jeep.com configurator has been changed. Now when I build a 2 door Sport S and add limited slip differential it does say that it includes Dana 44 and A/T tires. However, when building a base Sport and adding LSD it says that includes A/T tires but doesn't mention the Dana 44?
According to the Order Guide it includes it. Same axle as on the Rubicon.

2018_wrangler_2_door_jl_12_21_2017-7-jpg.jpg

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
If you want a manual trans, LSD is required, good: it comes w/ at tires & Dana 44, bad: stock manual requires you to select a $590 (MSRP) option, no choice. Note: upgraded wheels not required.
Sponsored