Sponsored

Order 2018 JK or Wait for 2018 JL

two dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WR 250R
Evening everyone,

I'm looking for a basic JK / JL Sport model with 3.73's, Hardtop, Moab wheels and 32" tires, maybe Auto tranny, not sure yet.

I don't off-road ( i have an Outlander 850 X mr for thrills). The Jeep would basically be a street machine and for hauling my dogs and my ATV trailer. It would only see 4x4 service during the 5 month winters. Really, the stronger axles, transmission etc of the JL. would be wasted on me, or would they?

Would I be better off waiting for the JL or just order a JK now? Especially if the JKs are going to be sold for a good price. Almost all the vehicles I've owned are bare bones, so I'm not really interested in options and I can go without the latest and greatest. I like the look of a JK and would gladly drive one, same goes for what I've seen of the JL spy photos. Not sure what to do, any input/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks you for your time and have a good night.
Sponsored

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
WAIT AND SEE! We're only 2 months away from the JL's reveal so unless you need it immediately, might as well wait to see everything the JL has to offer over the JK.

Also since its going to be your street-only machine, the ride quality and usability on on roads might be significantly improved (as some of us were discussing in the other thread - Will JL Wrangler (Rubicon) ride quality be better or worse on highway?). JL should also have better MPG and towing capacity.

jimmiceman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
My dealer said the JL won't be arriving until March April Or May. It sure if the time frame matters.

terrytnt

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB and BMW
I'm kind of in the same place a Two Dog, want a 2 door Sahara and must have it by May 2018. Do I build a new JK NOW or wait for the 2 two Sahara JL (definitely like what I've read about the coming JL). Can someone please give me a clue (because the dealers are absolutely clueless).

Read all the timelines and threads, but still quite confusing. If there's no clear answer now, when could I assume this information will be crystal clear, i.e., November JL Launch?

Many thanks guys...

SWinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler JK
My dealer said the JL won't be arriving until March April Or May. It sure if the time frame matters.
Your dealer is clueless. Send him the production timeline - http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...l-delay-powertop-diesel-job-1-dates-etc.1341/.

The JLU production begins in Nov. So no reason it will arrive March-May of next year. It should begin arriving at dealers in Dec. this year.

I'm kind of in the same place a Two Dog, want a 2 door Sahara and must have it by May 2018. Do I build a new JK NOW or wait for the 2 two Sahara JL (definitely like what I've read about the coming JL). Can someone please give me a clue (because the dealers are absolutely clueless).

Read all the timelines and threads, but still quite confusing. If there's no clear answer now, when could I assume this information will be crystal clear, i.e., November JL Launch?

Many thanks guys...
Yes, November start of production -- see production timeline: http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...l-delay-powertop-diesel-job-1-dates-etc.1341/

And public launch/reveal will also be in November at the LA Auto Show -- per Jeep CEO: http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...veal-and-talks-hybrid-electric-wrangler.1234/

Sponsored

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK

Many thanks guys...
Sorry to be the one burst your bubble, but the 2 door Sahara won't be available with the JL. Only the unlimited will be available in Sahara trim... sorry.

terrytnt

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB and BMW
Ah, I'm quite flexible. Thank you for the response CaliforniaWheelin'.

As long as I can get a Next Gen 2-door (adding the options I wish) AND take delivery by May... I'm good.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Ah, I'm quite flexible. Thank you for the response CaliforniaWheelin'.

As long as I can get a Next Gen 2-door (adding the options I wish) AND take delivery by May... I'm good.
The production schedule shows February as the start date for the 2 door JL. As long as that holds and if you order by Feb-March, it's a safe bet you'll take delivery by April-May.

jl-wrangler-timeline-by-jlwranglerforums-small-jpg.jpg

terrytnt

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB and BMW
Thanks for the quick response. Now let's hope the above schedule is somewhat accurate.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Evening everyone,

I'm looking for a basic JK / JL Sport model with 3.73's, Hardtop, Moab wheels and 32" tires, maybe Auto tranny, not sure yet.

I don't off-road ( i have an Outlander 850 X mr for thrills). The Jeep would basically be a street machine and for hauling my dogs and my ATV trailer. It would only see 4x4 service during the 5 month winters. Really, the stronger axles, transmission etc of the JL. would be wasted on me, or would they?

Would I be better off waiting for the JL or just order a JK now? Especially if the JKs are going to be sold for a good price. Almost all the vehicles I've owned are bare bones, so I'm not really interested in options and I can go without the latest and greatest. I like the look of a JK and would gladly drive one, same goes for what I've seen of the JL spy photos. Not sure what to do, any input/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks you for your time and have a good night.
"Basic" JK / JL and several expensive options don't go together in the same sentence. Lol.

I could be wrong but it sounds to me like you don't really care that much to have the latest and greatest thing out there. In that case, JK is the obvious choice for you. Over the next six months, rebates and deals on them will be likely the best we've ever seen on a Wrangler in history...culminating in February/March when "heavily discounted" JK models will finish production forever.
Sponsored