Oracle vrs Diode Dynamics - DRL’s & Turns

Ralvat

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Rubicon
I know I know! why not just get the LED package? But I didn’t.

I’m going to switch to the clear Diode Dynamics clear side markers & At the same time switch out the DRL’s and turn signals.

my 2020 Rubicon will need 2 amber LEDs with resistors and 2 white DRL’s

Oracle Has DRL’s and turn signals for $40.00

Diode Dynamics have the same for $80.00 (am I wasting $40.00 for other mods?)

Can you guys they have installed either one please tell me what you like and dislike.

As always thanks for opinion.

Rich
Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Oracle brand on my Rubicon about two weeks ago. Followed a YouTube video. Pretty easy. Out of the four , some clicked into the OEM connector easier than the others. May have just been my inexperience switching bulbs. No resistors needed ( none supplied) . As per the instructions, one I had to pull out and flip over. You test them before you put them back in the light mount. Easy switch and the work great. I am pretty sure they are made in USA. I also did the Oracle 9 in headlights with halo. No complaints here. Price was very good also.

OP
OP

Ralvat

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Rubicon
I installed the Oracle brand on my Rubicon about two weeks ago. Followed a YouTube video. Pretty easy. Out of the four , some clicked into the OEM connector easier than the others. May have just been my inexperience switching bulbs. No resistors needed ( none supplied) . As per the instructions, one I had to pull out and flip over. You test them before you put them back in the light mount. Easy switch and the work great. I am pretty sure they are made in USA. I also did the Oracle 9 in headlights with halo. No complaints here. Price was very good also.

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
I bought the Oracle lights as well back in July for my '18 Sahara JL. I called their tech support and was one of the ones who helped them add the line - 'Notice- the DRL bulb will automatically turn OFF when headlights turn ON.' because I could not figure out why the bulbs would turn off when I put the headlights on. After talking with several there I received the answer - It's a newer product and that's just how they function for now.

It wasn't that big of a deal during the summer as it wasn't getting dark until 9pm, thus the DRL's were on most of the time I was driving and looked very nice. However now that it is dark at 4:30pm, I miss the look of having the DRL's on while the headlights are on. I can spot other JL's quite easily at night looking for that light pattern.

Has anyone purchased a plug and play LED replacement bulb that stays on when the headlights are on?
Would you have to get bulbs and a resistor for that to work?

Thanks for the help.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
I don’t have these but a few here have put them in and they apparently work well

Jeep JL Front Turn Signal DRL LED for 2018-2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara & Rubicon ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RJDWD4X/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_We79DbRRXJZK8
I purchased the bulbs and installed them today. Doesn't appear to be any issues with the turn signals from what I can tell. Interestingly enough, when I put the DRL bulbs in, they did not light up when the headlights were on. Turn the headlights off, they came on fine. I could not believe it. I was about to give up but decided to turn the bulbs around in the socket as the Oracle bulbs I previously purchased had a polarity issue. I turned both bulbs around and sure enough, they lit up fine with and without the headlights on! Trust me when I say the Oracle bulbs would not do this as I tried every combination with those bulbs when I first bought them. So, fingers crossed, I think I am good to go.

The bulbs are long, for those who have these, no issues with the end of the DRL bulbs sitting so close to the lens housing and the heat off the bulb?

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
I purchased the bulbs and installed them today. Doesn't appear to be any issues with the turn signals from what I can tell. Interestingly enough, when I put the DRL bulbs in, they did not light up when the headlights were on. Turn the headlights off, they came on fine. I could not believe it. I was about to give up but decided to turn the bulbs around in the socket as the Oracle bulbs I previously purchased had a polarity issue. I turned both bulbs around and sure enough, they lit up fine with and without the headlights on! Trust me when I say the Oracle bulbs would not do this as I tried every combination with those bulbs when I first bought them. So, fingers crossed, I think I am good to go.

The bulbs are long, for those who have these, no issues with the end of the DRL bulbs sitting so close to the lens housing and the heat off the bulb?
I just ran a quick errand and received a message my right front turn signal was out. When I got home I reversed the bulb. I will have to see if that takes care of the issue.

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
I just ran a quick errand and received a message my right front turn signal was out. When I got home I reversed the bulb. I will have to see if that takes care of the issue.
Discovered today when seeing my reflection in the tailgate of a truck in front of me at a stoplight, my drls are NOT on when the headlights are Off! They only come on when the headlights are on. Plus on the way home received another notice my right turn signal was out.... bulbs are being pulled and sent back.

pennyjeep

First Name
penny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Discovered today when seeing my reflection in the tailgate of a truck in front of me at a stoplight, my drls are NOT on when the headlights are Off! They only come on when the headlights are on. Plus on the way home received another notice my right turn signal was out.... bulbs are being pulled and sent back.
Don't buy these from Amazon. The turn signals require a resistor in some cases (one side worked fine, other side kept getting failure in messages) and the DRL's will not turn on in "Auto" in daytime or night.

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
Don't buy these from Amazon. The turn signals require a resistor in some cases (one side worked fine, other side kept getting failure in messages) and the DRL's will not turn on in "Auto" in daytime or night.
That is exactly what was happening to me. I returned the bulbs...
Sponsored