Oracle Oculus Switchback Bi-LED wiring questions

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
Have any of you installed the Oracle Oculus Switchback Bi-LED on a 2021 Wrangler JL Sport? I've found one video where they skip over where to find the lighting wiring harness on the driver's side. On the passenger side it looks like you remove whole fender as it's easier to take off 4 bolts and a plastic fastener than unscrewing a million rivets attached to the fender liner.

I have some mechanical aptitude but this one may be too much for me. Any advice and insight is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Have any of you installed the Oracle Oculus Switchback Bi-LED on a 2021 Wrangler JL Sport? I've found one video where they skip over where to find the lighting wiring harness on the driver's side. On the passenger side it looks like you remove whole fender as it's easier to take off 4 bolts and a plastic fastener than unscrewing a million rivets attached to the fender liner.

I have some mechanical aptitude but this one may be too much for me. Any advice and insight is greatly appreciated.
Hello, the connector is behind the fender liner. You can access it on the passenger side by removing the rivets or the bolts, whichever you prefer to Gian access to the connector.

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
sailscall

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
Hello, the connector is behind the fender liner. You can access it on the passenger side by removing the rivets or the bolts, whichever you prefer to Gian access to the connector.

Hope that helps!
Where is it on the driver's side?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
OP
OP
sailscall

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
I bought the
ORACLE LIGHTING OCULUS™ SWITCHBACK BI-LED PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS FOR JEEP WRANGLER JL/ GLADIATOR JT

model # ORACLE Part# 5839-023 . I'm about ready to install. The build date is 5/21. I think I read in the Gladiator JT Forum that some of the Sport Gladiator's were having flickering problems. The solution was going to be a new wiring harness. Is this the case? I only want to do this installation once. I'm not interested in reprogramming anything.

Sponsored

NC_Razz

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler Sport,JT Gladiator Mojave,Toyo Tundra
I bought the
ORACLE LIGHTING OCULUS™ SWITCHBACK BI-LED PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS FOR JEEP WRANGLER JL/ GLADIATOR JT

model # ORACLE Part# 5839-023 . I'm about ready to install. The build date is 5/21. I think I read in the Gladiator JT Forum that some of the Sport Gladiator's were having flickering problems. The solution was going to be a new wiring harness. Is this the case? I only want to do this installation once. I'm not interested in reprogramming anything.
Hi, Is your JT set up with Halogen or LED Lights from Factory? I just went through a real S€#t storm to get these lights to work on a JLU Sport.

OP
OP
sailscall

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
My JL Sport has halogen lights. I called Oracle three weeks ago to see if I had everything I needed to install the switchbacks without using J Scan / Tazer mini. The tech who answered my call told me that even though my lights were made 5/21 I should be good to go. The internal notes he was reading said they that Oracle had identified the first 30 bad wiring harnesses and they had all been replaced. He suggested I replace the halogen fender bulbs with the 7443-CK LED Switchback high output CAN-Bus LED bulbs. I bought the 7443-Cks, installed them and they work great. I've been waiting for warmer weather to install the head lights.

This week I read on the JT forum that there is still a wiring harness issue.

Oracle Oculus Switchbacks issues-Need help | Jeep Gladiator Forum - JeepGladiatorForum.com

There is a link in that thread on how to order an updated wiring harness. I've contacted Oracle and am waiting for the latest wiring harness. I can tell you that even though this experience has not been perfect, Oracle seems to stand behind their products. There are tons of threads between the JL and JT Forums where our fellow Jeepers buy some lower priced LED lighting systems. They have tons of problems and get no factory or tech support and are completely stuck. I'm happy to work with domestic suppliers who stand behind their products.

NC_Razz

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler Sport,JT Gladiator Mojave,Toyo Tundra
My JLU Sport was also set up Halogen as well. I did reach out to oculus and they admitted to a “CanBus” issue with their Harness and were working on solution but had none currently.
My install experience of the oculus switchback headlights went like this:
Completely installed It worked as it should with the car not running. Parking lights operated the white Halo(I don’t believe the sport has DRL Wiring), turn signals operated the amber Halo. High and low beams all worked as it should.
With the Jeep running:
The passenger Halos flashed 3 times then cut out, turn signals(right side) didn’t work and was getting bulb out hyper flash signals on the dash. I unplugged the Halo harness on both headlights and let the Jeep rest. The headlights and turn signals returned to normal operation. I believe all the LED Technology I was trying to install and the factory halogen settings on the Jeep were conflicting and/or perhaps overloading the circuits.
The only solutions I could come up with were:
• Throw in the towel and return the lights while I still can with oculus admitting it wouldn’t work for my jeep
• start wiring in resistors or purchase the expensive lamps with built in resistors to any additional LED’s to trick the Jeep into thinking it was still running halogens to prevent error codes
• Re-program Jeep light settings to LED

I was not a fan of the resistor idea because they heat up a lot and the nuisance of having to wire them in.
so I rolled the dice and bought all standard LED lamps(with no resistors) and the Tazer JL Mini. I replaced the front and rear Turn signals and reverse lamps with LED’s.
Then got in the computer with the Tazer and set all the lights associated with the oculus headlights and lamps I replaced to LED.

Fired up the Jeep and everything works perfectly.

While I was I there with the Tazer I made changes the tpms pressure alarm And changed tire size to correct the speedometer.
I know you said you didn’t want to fuss with reprogramming but I felt this was the only way to get this mess to work. The Tazer was worth it for other settings as well and pretty much paid for it self being able to run the cheaper bulbs, the hassle of adding resistors and whatever cost the dealership would charge to flash the Jeep with the new settings.
I hope all this was helpful.
Best Regards, J

Wtaylor

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2.0
Same spot as you found it on the passenger side.
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Oculus Switchback Bi-LED wiring questions Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 9.48.54 AM
So I have everything wired exactly as shown and the white halos have never worked. Only the amber turn signal halo works. Been nothing but a bad experience.

OP
OP
sailscall

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
I received the CAN-SWB last week. Part number 5839-023 CANBUS. It’s that little black box in the lower right hand corner. It was not what I expected or signed up for when I made my purchase 12/9/21. This is an afterthought plug in module to now make it halogen replacement compatible without having to reprogram with a Tazer mini / J Scan. When I voiced my displeasure to customer service at Oracle about introducing another single point of failure into the lighting system I got the famous too bad, so sad it now works response. I asked the customer service rep to have her manager contact me via email or phone. I’m still waiting.

As an added bonus they sent me the mini tap connector on my original purchase. I have no idea where that gets wired.
D13B6694-E21C-463A-9E4D-CDF5C091FD66.jpeg

Sponsored

Wtaylor

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received the CAN-SWB last week. Part number 5839-023 CANBUS. It’s that little black box in the lower right hand corner. It was not what I expected or signed up for when I made my purchase 12/9/21. This is an afterthought plug in module to now make it halogen replacement compatible without having to reprogram with a Tazer mini / J Scan. When I voiced my displeasure to customer service at Oracle about introducing another single point of failure into the lighting system I got the famous too bad, so sad it now works response. I asked the customer service rep to have her manager contact me via email or phone. I’m still waiting.

As an added bonus they sent me the mini tap connector on my original purchase. I have no idea where that gets wired.
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Oculus Switchback Bi-LED wiring questions D13B6694-E21C-463A-9E4D-CDF5C091FD66
I didn’t receive that black box in my kit either. At this point I just want the white halos to work since that was one of the main features I wanted. I took it a step farther and used a JL taser mini hoping this would solve my issue and it did not.

JLanesey

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport, 1954 CJ3B
Occupation
HVAC
Hey I’m running into the same issues, I though these things were plug and play, where did you find the adapters? A search brought up nothing with that part #.

Wtaylor

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey I’m running into the same issues, I though these things were plug and play, where did you find the adapters? A search brought up nothing with that part #.
My issue is now resolved. Everything works as intended. After talking to a tech at oracle he asked if I had the led day time running lights in the fenders which I do. He advised me to take them out turn 180 degrees and reinstall. I did exactly that and the halos fired right up. Been working ever since.

JLanesey

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport, 1954 CJ3B
Occupation
HVAC
My issue is now resolved. Everything works as intended. After talking to a tech at oracle he asked if I had the led day time running lights in the fenders which I do. He advised me to take them out turn 180 degrees and reinstall. I did exactly that and the halos fired right up. Been working ever since.
I have a sport without the led package, I installed the little thru pass clips under the fender liners and ran the wire to the lights. Only got flickering and speed blinker and stock lights non functioning. I disconnected the clips which fixed the speed blinker and fender lights not working, interestingly when I just disconnected the little waterproof connector for the halo it did not fix the issue of flickering and speed blinker.

Wtaylor

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a sport without the led package, I installed the little thru pass clips under the fender liners and ran the wire to the lights. Only got flickering and speed blinker and stock lights non functioning. I disconnected the clips which fixed the speed blinker and fender lights not working, interestingly when I just disconnected the little waterproof connector for the halo it did not fix the issue of flickering and speed blinker.
May need a jl tazer mini
Sponsored