Oracle Oculus RGB+W Colorshift Headlights - Sport S Install

NHMojito

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
I have a general question about the install of these controllers. I have mine installed to the battery. I sometimes forget to turn them off and have to run out to turn em off. Is there a way to wire them to one of the aux switches so that when the ignition turns off the controllers turn off and the halos turn off as well. Is that possible?
I don’t have the aux switches yet, but I was thinking the exact same thing. It makes sense to me since the BC1 controller doesn’t retain your settings anyway.

Question is would you run the ground through the aux switch or the hot? I’m not sure how the switches work.
Sponsored

NHMojito

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
After a quick read on the aux switches, it seems best to just connect the red wire of the BC1 to the aux switch lead and set the switch in uconnect to latching and battery.
Would be great if you/someone could confirm that works...

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
After a quick read on the aux switches, it seems best to just connect the red wire of the BC1 to the aux switch lead and set the switch in uconnect to latching and battery.
Would be great if you/someone could confirm that works...
I am going to try this weekend if I have the time. I have things connected to the 2 lower amp wires already. As long as i can use the higher amp wires without causing harm to anything I should be good. Or maybe I’ll just connect it to the ignition accessory wire that’s there that way it only works when the jeeps on. And I don’t have to use the switches.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
I am going to try this weekend if I have the time. I have things connected to the 2 lower amp wires already. As long as i can use the higher amp wires without causing harm to anything I should be good. Or maybe I’ll just connect it to the ignition accessory wire that’s there that way it only works when the jeeps on. And I don’t have to use the switches.
You can use the high amp leads fo the Oculus lights if you wish, it would not harm the lights in any way.

Sponsored

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
Update:
I did connect the blue tooth controllers to aux 1 and set it to “recall last” and ignition. Now when I turn the Jeep on aux 1 automatically comes on and remembers the last setting I had them to from my phone. As long as I have my phone in the car I believe they’ll just turn on.

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
You can use the high amp leads fo the Oculus lights if you wish, it would not harm the lights in any way.
Thank you. I did and they work perfectly.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I have a general question about the install of these controllers. I have mine installed to the battery. I sometimes forget to turn them off and have to run out to turn em off. Is there a way to wire them to one of the aux switches so that when the ignition turns off the controllers turn off and the halos turn off as well. Is that possible?
If you have this connected to the AUX switch you can also set the switch to turn off with ignition through the Uconnect.

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
If you have this connected to the AUX switch you can also set the switch to turn off with ignition through the Uconnect.
I did that. And it works perfectly. I have the switch assigned to ignition and recall and I don’t have to worry about turning the Halos on

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I did that. And it works perfectly. I have the switch assigned to ignition and recall and I don’t have to worry about turning the Halos on
Great to hear! Post a pic of the finished product if you get a chance :)

Sponsored

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
I don’t have the oculus headlights but I do have the high performance 20w fog lights for the JL. They fit perfectly in the aftermarket bumper I have and love the effects.

27B09F95-20E8-4E01-B995-977A8CE47E13.jpeg

5A5D9CAE-AF8B-4B08-A6BF-B5DFC53C5637.jpeg

DF2486FE-056B-4548-82EA-404842F16CF5.jpeg

1191B1AF-2F68-4D8A-8392-43EE4BF7D43F.jpeg

OP
OP
adamk

adamk

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Oracle team - any plans to fix the still completely broken app on Android??

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Hey Oracle team - any plans to fix the still completely broken app on Android??
You are using the ORACLE ColorSHIFT App? If you are on Android be sure your location services are enabled or Bluetooth will not connect.

If you have the Dynamic lights and trying to use the RGB Lights app and have a Note 10, yes there are some compatibility issues. We do have a update we are testing, if you email [email protected] we can send you the update if you can side load it.

Jeepneck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepnecks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2005 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)
Occupation
Real Estate Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I had the app it’s awful I found another app (I have an iPhone so not sure it’s compatible on android.) called happy lighting. It soooo much better than the oracle app and picks up the Bluetooth signal of my rock lights and fog lights.
are the bluetooth fog lights Oracle as well?

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
are the bluetooth fog lights Oracle as well?
Yea they’re oracle. These are the ones I got. I did have to get a Bluetooth controller to control them from my phone. The happy lighting app is a life saver and works sooo much better than any of the other apps I’ve tried.

76AB8239-C702-484B-9244-F86B694A32C8.png

F4F9C6D6-329A-493F-8286-C9F91CE1EFD1.png

DEAF1ABB-E582-44CF-8E2F-3679F3C708DC.png
Sponsored