Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Although I honestly really like the look of the Oculus headlamp at this time I would most likely look to another maker for my needs, there seems to be to many variables in the policies that cover warranty, returns, and reimbursements.

I know Vendors and or Manufacturers have to balance things like what I mentioned above to stay competitive but it should not be at the cost to the customer even on a small scale, not saying other makers don’t have similar policies but this type of response makes one shy away from purchasing products from them and possibly being subjected to the same treatment dealing with faulty products and yes I have been exposed to this with other makers and most times it’s been resolved to both parties satisfaction but in the small instances I have not faired well I have chosen to not deal with them in the future.
Sponsored

OP
OP

whoisphilli

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
Here's the follow up/resolution to my situation:

After showing them the video of the headlight, Oracle asked me to destroy the faulty headlight (cut the harness off the back) and processed a refund for the replacement headlight that I paid for up front.

As for the duties and fees charged on the replacement, the warranty rep was not helpful at all in trying to get me a refund and did not even apologize once it was clear that the product had failed prematurely. That being said, I followed up with a 'feedback to management form' and Sandy, the operations manager, reached out to me. She apologized about the difficulty and pushback I encountered during my warranty claim and she offered me a store credit for the Oracle store for the value of the duties paid.

In the end, I think management wants to do the right thing but it took a lot of low level friction and frustration to escalate the issue up to someone with common sense and a customer first mentality.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing

After showing them the video of the headlight, Oracle asked me to destroy the faulty headlight (cut the harness off the back) and processed a refund for the replacement headlight that I paid for up front.

As for the duties and fees charged on the replacement, the warranty rep was not helpful at all in trying to get me a refund and did not even apologize once it was clear that the product had failed prematurely. That being said, I followed up with a 'feedback to management form' and Sandy, the operations manager, reached out to me. She apologized about the difficulty and pushback I encountered during my warranty claim and she offered me a store credit for the Oracle store for the value of the duties paid.

In the end, I think management wants to do the right thing but it took a lot of low level friction and frustration to escalate the issue up to someone with common sense and a customer first mentality.
I am glad to hear Sandy resolved this for you, and we try our best to find the right solution. We will certainly try to improve so there is not much back and forth initially to prevent a headache.

Thank you for being considerate and we hope to continue to service you in the future.

-Missy

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase

Im glad it kinda worked out but for me I would have preferred a refund rather than store credit as they are coming out ahead with the credit as I’m sure they are still making $$$ and you should have not had to have gone thru hoops to get a resolution.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

offered me a store credit for the Oracle store for the value of the duties paid.
So if there's nothing in the store that you are interested in purchasing, you're essentially SOL. Seems to me that Oracle got the better end of that deal.

Glad everything else worked out for you.

Sponsored

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Always a good sign (not really) when the company shill has to defend their horrible policies and make it seem normal to put the customer through hell to get a product that works.

Found their tail lights on Amazon with crappy ratings but nothing else. Guessing Oracle doesn’t want to deal with Amazon’s return policy which puts the burden on the seller not the buyer.

I was considering the rear bumper lights that replace the reflectors but….

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Unless Oracle revises their policies I doubt I will purchase from them, I fully understand some of their polices but their return policy is stacked like a loaded deck in Vegas

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Unless Oracle revises their policies I doubt I will purchase from them, I fully understand some of their polices but their return policy is stacked like a loaded deck in Vegas
The return policy like many other small businesses, require it within a time frame and un used. This is a standard company policy.

If you are unhappy with our policies we understand, however these are notified ahead of any purchases so the consumer is well aware.

We always strive for the best customer service so we do make exceptions for customers when we are able to.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
The return policy like many other small businesses, require it within a time frame and un used. This is a standard company policy.
I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding here. What WranglerMan is referring to is not really a "return policy" it's a "warranty policy". Yes, standard return policies pretty much everywhere have a timeframe and we must return the product unused. But this isn't about returning something we realize we didn't want. It's about what happens when your product doesn't perform as advertised. I have the Oculus headlights and they've been nothing short of fantastic for me, but if they fail in some way within the advertised two-year warranty period they will be returned to you for replacement, and they most certainly will not be new and unused. I have no problem fronting cash for a cross-shipment but I do expect a refund for that charge when you receive the defective set. This is a very simple concept that pretty much every other lighting vendor on the 'net can handle so I trust you (meaning Oracle) can also. If not you'll be enjoying the unpleasant experience of me in your office the next day.

TRS (TheRetrofitSource) for example, was pretty great to deal with this past winter when one of the LED Projectors I bought from them for my Tahoe died after a year and a half. They asked me to send them a video of the problem, and then they sent out a replacement set completely free of charge. Still took a week and a half which sucked, but they held up their end of the bargain.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding here. What WranglerMan is referring to is not really a "return policy" it's a "warranty policy". Yes, standard return policies pretty much everywhere have a timeframe and we must return the product unused. But this isn't about returning something we realize we didn't want. It's about what happens when your product doesn't perform as advertised. I have the Oculus headlights and they've been nothing short of fantastic for me, but if they fail in some way within the advertised two-year warranty period they will be returned to you for replacement, and they most certainly will not be new and unused. I have no problem fronting cash for a cross-shipment but I do expect a refund for that charge when you receive the defective set. This is a very simple concept that pretty much every other lighting vendor on the 'net can handle so I trust you (meaning Oracle) can also. If not you'll be enjoying the unpleasant experience of me in your office the next day.

TRS (TheRetrofitSource) for example, was pretty great to deal with this past winter when one of the LED Projectors I bought from them for my Tahoe died after a year and a half. They asked me to send them a video of the problem, and then they sent out a replacement set completely free of charge. Still took a week and a half which sucked, but they held up their end of the bargain.
Hi Kevin, you are correct that a return policy and warranty policy are not the same. In this case, Will is not a customer but is not comfortable with making a purchase due to his opinion on our policies. We certainly understand this and make our policies available online for easy reference so you can make informed purchasing decisions. We encourage any consumer to familiarize themselves with the policies of any company before purchasing.

However to your point, if you were to experience an issue, we will work with you for troubleshooting first. This determines if it can be quickly fixed yourself with our help OR if it is defective and would need to be addressed further under warranty. In the case of the Oculus headlights, we offer a few different options.

Many of our products for warranty are not requested back to our facility, as we do have a video/photo warranty policy where possible. This does not cover all products; however, we do try to provide this solution for our top-selling products.

This thread is in regards to a specific case that was, unfortunately, not as smooth as we typically perform. However, this issue has since been resolved in tandem with the customer, Phil. We have sincerely apologized for the trouble experienced and will use this as a learning tool for our staff to improve moving forward. We strive to provide the best service possible and understand that customers expect this from us every time. Thank you for your understanding and interest in helping us with continuous improvement.

As this is a resolved case, I feel that further discussion is beginning clogging the Lighting forum for other members and admins. We do appreciate the concern for this customer, and we are always more than happy to discuss individual concerns or issues with customers via PM, phone, or email.

-Rachel
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.