Not open for further replies.

whoisphilli

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
I purchased and installed the Oracle Oculus Bi-LED headlights and installed them back in November 2020. Recently I noticed that my driver side headlight beam was now aimed very low (nose down) and was no longer aligned with the passenger one. I checked the mounting bolts and everything was nice and tight so I redid the aiming / levelling procedure. Then 3 days later the driver side headlight cutoff has dropped back down even lower and a second attempt of levelling has me hitting the maximum nose up setting for aim. I have advised Oracle of my issue and they are telling me I must REMOVE THE HEADLIGHT AND SEND IT IN TO THEM FOR INVESTIGATION BEFORE THEY CAN ISSUE A REPLACEMENT.

I consider this to be completely unacceptable for supposed high end aftermarket headlights. So heads up to everyone on here that so far my warranty claim experience with them has been completely unacceptable. How can you expect me to render my car unfit for the road so you can investigate?

Phil
Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
I installed a set of oracle halos in my wife’s jk when she first got it. All the leds started going out right after the short warranty period. Had to open the headlights and fog lights to do the install. I will never buy oracle products again. Nice concept and design but garbage quality.
Ended up with J.W. Speaker headlights and fog lights. She was very happy with the J.W. Lights.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I had been looking at the Oculus lights but your story along with a few others on how warranty/repair issues are handled on their products makes me very skeptical to order the pricy lights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hi Phil, maybe you haven't seen our last message yet... We already offered another option for you after you expressed that you wouldn't be able to do this before posting this thread.

Please give the message a look, and let our team know if this is more satisfactory for you so we can solve this problem for you. Thanks!

-Rachel

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How can you expect me to render my car unfit for the road so you can investigate?
Oracle’s return policy is complete bullshit. I had issues with their LED taillights not operating as expected. The LED halo and turn signal LEDs would flash when the lights were on and the turn signals or hazards were activated. The lights are not supposed to work this way and the halo should never flash. I had them installed for less than a day before contacting Oracle by chat on their web site.

I explained the issue and that I was inquiring about a refund as the lights didn’t work properly. I was told they don’t accept used products for return. I immediately asked how I was supposed to know the lights didn’t work if they hadn’t been installed. The response was that I was supposed to bench test the taillights before installing them. I then asked how someone was supposed to do that, and was told I was supposed to use my vehicle’s battery and jumper wires to connect to the taillights. Who actually does this?

The chat went on for a bit and then I was asked to email pictures and video of how the lights were working, which I sent. A little while later I was told that I had to return the lights for them to inspect and was provided a shipping label. I sent the lights back. Each taillight was perfectly wrapped in plastic, placed back into the original box and the Oracle box was placed into another box for shipping.

About a week later, after not hearing anything, I reached out to Oracle and was told the lights were working properly for them and essentially the issue was with my vehicle or my vehicle’s wiring. This is odd, to say the least, as I’ve used 2 other sets of LED taillights previously and they worked without issue. I now have a set of Raxiom LED taillights installed and they work perfectly as expected.

To top this all off, I was told that Oracle would not accept my taillights back for a full refund since they were previously installed and scratched. They were not scratched at any time during my possession. I asked to see pictures of the scratches, and was subsequently told since the lights weren’t packed correctly with the original protective film on them they were scratched during shipping. Because of this, I could only be issued a refund minus a 15% restock fee. I had no choice but to accept because the lights didn’t work in my vehicle and I no longer wanted them. If I didn’t accept, I would have had to pay for Oracle to ship the defective lights back to me.

I don’t care what Oracle claims their return and warranty policies are. They go out of the way to make you, the customer, feel like anything wrong with their product after you receive and install them is your fault. I will never buy another Oracle product again.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

whoisphilli

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
In the interest of transparency, oracle is now saying I can purchase another replacement headlight and then return the faulty one and only if they determine it is faulty will they process a refund for the purchased replacement light. I hope this process works out smoother than what happened to jludave ^^^

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

In the interest of transparency, oracle is now saying I can purchase another replacement headlight and then return the faulty one and only if they determine it is faulty will they process a refund for the purchased replacement light. I hope this process works out smoother than what happened to jludave ^^^
Good luck with them finding the light faulty. Be prepared for them to tell you they work perfectly for them. Either way, since your headlight was used, they will not issue a full refund. You’ll get hit with a restock fee.

I typically don’t go out of my way to write about a negative experience with a company. I have better things to do with my time. However, in this instance I found Oracle’s response unacceptable. Yes, they eventually issued a partial refund, but it was no fault of my own that I opened and installed a product that I expected to work in my vehicle as advertised.

So as previously stated, I will never buy another Oracle product. And, I will do what I can to warn others of their return policy for used/installed products that have issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP

whoisphilli

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
Good luck with them finding the light faulty. Be prepared for them to tell you they work perfectly for them. Either way, since your headlight was used, they will not issue a full refund. You’ll get hit with a restock fee.

I typically don’t go out of my way to write about a negative experience with a company. However, in this instance I found Oracle’s response unacceptable. Yes, they eventually issued a partial refund, but it was no fault on my own that I opened and installed a product that I expected to work in my vehicle as advertised.

I typically don’t go out of my way to write about a negative experience with a company. However, in this instance I found Oracle’s response unacceptable. Yes, they eventually issued a partial refund, but it was no fault on my own that I opened and installed a product that I expected to work in my vehicle as advertised.
What a joke of a ‘warranty’.

As a result, seems like there’s absolutely no point buying expensive Oracle branded products vs Amazon products since they don’t actually stand behind their product in any meaningful way.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
As @jludave has expressed there return policy is like Pandora’s box, it states any product can be returned for any reason within 30 days, but said product had better not have been installed and then come the fees if it is and the fees are tiered.

I was seriously considering the Oculus lights but I’m thinking now I don’t want the headaches.

I know companies have to have some type of policy in place for returns or they would be flooded with returned products but if they don’t perform as advertised there should be no question and Dave provided them with the vids and i can’t wrap my head around the bench test thing before you install on your vehicle, I know I don’t have a spare rear light plug that allows me as a customer to check all facets of correct operation so for me the Oculus lamps are going to be a big NO

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Oculus Bi-LED problems with aim and levelling E99C6AF9-D3D6-43DE-B880-A0F4C2F2FA29

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Jeep JLUS, '23 2500 Duramax, 23’ RAM 1500
Occupation
Operator Maintenance Technician III

I typically don’t go out of my way to write about a negative experience with a company. I have better things to do with my time. However, in this instance I found Oracle’s response unacceptable. Yes, they eventually issued a partial refund, but it was no fault of my own that I opened and installed a product that I expected to work in my vehicle as advertised.

So as previously stated, I will never buy another Oracle product. And, I will do what I can to warn others of their return policy for used/installed products that have issues.
hey man what did u buy in place of these lights? i was a big fan after watching some vids and my buddy having them, but now im having second thoughts....

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP

whoisphilli

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
I wish I had just purchased the OEM headlights.

I am In the process of trying to receive a warranty replacement from Oracle and they are charging me for the replacement headlight (refund at their discretion when they receive the defective light), I have to pay for the return shipping of the defective light, and i’m being charged import taxes and duties for the replacement because they did not list it as a warranty replacement on the manifest. This so-called warranty process is a nightmare and I will never buy any oculus products ever again.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Like @jludave i purchased the Raxiom tails ( thanks Dave ) and they are simply beautiful lights, the floating halo ring or that’s what I call it just makes them standout and the reverse lights even though are small are super bright, I know the bulbs are not replaceable since they are LED’s and they are pricy compared to a lot of aftermarket LED’s for the JL but they seem to be built rock solid.

I am searching for a full LED headlamp as currently I run Beamtech LED bulbs in the halogen housing and even though I like them and they are bright I am looking for a LED lamp and was just about to get the Oracles but have decided to hold off due to issues others have had with reliability and warranty @ORACLElights needs to address this or customer base will be affected.

I did find these Raxiom headlights https://www.extremeterrain.com/raxi...jVNcD70wSU7MxdITZ0xoC8r8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds and they get decent marks but are pricy but even at what they want along with what I have invested I am still under what MOPAR wants for LED’s

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
I am sorry to hear that many of you have been displeased with our policies and service. Every company has a set of standards they must abide by and ours are simple. You can return a product within 30 days unused, and for warranty you have a 2 year term warranty (Oculus specifically). If there is an issue we must have the product back to inspect it in order to determine the issue. This is due to the extremely low warranty rate on this particular product. We must be able to replicate the issue at our facility. You have the option for an advanced warranty which is paying in full for the part, and if it comes back not working we will issue you a refund.

This is not to be difficult to the consumer, as we want our customer service to be an easy process, however we must follow the policies in place. Our company is a small business, we are not an Amazon where we can take anything back used but working. We will always try to work with any customer on the best solution possible for them and our company.

When researching Oracle Lighting or the Oculus headlight I hope you have also referenced some of our feedback post on our company found here, or on the Oculus lights found here.

We know our company may not be for everyone however I hope this provided some insight into our brand and the customer service we provide.

Any questions please always feel free to speak with me directly, I will be happy to assist you!

-Melissa Boudreaux
Sales Manager
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.