Not open for further replies.

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU sting gray sport s
Did you do the fog bulb conversion kit or the full replacement?

Also, what DRLs do you have in there. Your setup looks sharp!

I have the Oracle full replacement foglights. They look great in person, just wish they matched my headlights better. The DRLs are diodedynamics switchbacks. Thank you!
Sponsored

Last edited:

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
I recently installed them and so far have not had any fogging issue. I'm located near Chicago and the weather has been fairly mild.

20191223_193006.jpg

20191223_192922.jpg
Looks great :rock: thanks for sharing!

usfice6

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Installed the Oracle Oculus headlights and Oracle V-Series LED foglamp bulbs. Very easy install.

Fantastic look and function!

Thank you, Oracle for great products and exemplary customer service!

thumbnail_IMG_0546.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0547.jpg
Curious what DRLs you're running?

I read in one of your other posts that you have the Oracle Oculus and the Fog bulb replacements. I recently upgraded my headlights to the Oculus as was intending to do the fogs and DRLs with their bulbs as well but it looks like their DRLs will not turn on when the headlights are on. From your pics it looks like all three are on simultaneously so I'm figuring you have another brand DRLs. Thanks!

ArkieJeep

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Curious what DRLs you're running?

I read in one of your other posts that you have the Oracle Oculus and the Fog bulb replacements. I recently upgraded my headlights to the Oculus as was intending to do the fogs and DRLs with their bulbs as well but it looks like their DRLs will not turn on when the headlights are on. From your pics it looks like all three are on simultaneously so I'm figuring you have another brand DRLs. Thanks!
I have the Oracle V series LED bulb for my fogs. If you mean the fender lights for DRLs they are Diode Dynamics. I’ve got them programmed to only be on when headlights are on - not as DRLs. Oculus are wired so that halo is DRL when Jeep is running day or night.

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler

I received my fog lights that were on back order yesterday. Already had the lights and switchbacks. Very nice output, really noticeable on back roads that are dark.

Sponsored

FastAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JlR
How did you aim them to get them lined up so straight. I'm having trouble getting the allen wrench on to start with.

Just installed these and like everyone else said, install was a breeze. The pigtail split length was the only thing I wish changed - seems like everyone having same issue there.
Gap between grill and lights is a bit more than I’d like, but maybe this is normal - - anyone else have the same?
Overall, very pleased with the purchase so far. Just getting cold here in PA so will be able to test it out in the snow soon enough. Was raining last night and the were great.

02638FBC-5B95-4BAB-BAEB-7D5FEBEFBBC3.jpeg

00B97814-A67B-4DDE-A7B0-AD1CB8D7BB23.jpeg

1EEA2F8C-F8E3-438E-8EE3-8733AEF0A4D6.jpeg

481307C6-B069-4989-9849-869C9AF67866.jpeg

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you aim them to get them lined up so straight. I'm having trouble getting the allen wrench on to start with.
I've learned that its probably easier to just pull the headlights to aim them.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
I have the Oracle full replacement foglights. They look great in person, just wish they matched my headlights better. The DRLs are diodedynamics switchbacks. Thank you!
Are they the halo fogs? I thought Oracle made a matching set, which I would've assumed had the same warmth.. would be silly not to match them.

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are they the halo fogs? I thought Oracle made a matching set, which I would've assumed had the same warmth.. would be silly not to match them.
No, they weren't the halo version. I wanted to kind of keep a stock look in the front.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
No, they weren't the halo version. I wanted to kind of keep a stock look in the front.
Got it. I'll be going halo/halo from Oracle as soon as I can get enough warmth for the ambient temperature difference to not be so stark.

Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
All went well, super easy. Did your adapter harness connection into the back of the oculus lights click? My didn’t and wasn’t sure if I had dry mud stuck in the back and preventing it from fully clicking/engaging.

Prob not a huge deal but wouldn’t want some flickering or whatever to take place down the road on bumpy terrain.
Did you also splice a wire for the halo? That’s the part I’m most nervous about.

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you also splice a wire for the halo? That’s the part I’m most nervous about.
you shouldn’t have to splice anything. It just goes in the location of a fuse. A few of us had to take a blade and slice back the jacket for the power and ground to separate them a little more so it can actually reach the fuse box. Probably the hardest part of the install there.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
you shouldn’t have to splice anything. It just goes in the location of a fuse. A few of us had to take a blade and slice back the jacket for the power and ground to separate them a little more so it can actually reach the fuse box. Probably the hardest part of the install there.
got it. thank you sir

Mr.Fatstacks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Sport Manual
I bought a set of the oracle oculus lights, and will chime in with a couple comments:

The light output is phenomenal, a huge upgrade over the stock halogens.

Install was easy, and personally I felt the wire lengths were great, rather have a little extra (that can easily be zip tied into place, or offer slightly different routing options) then be stretched tight and risk pulling on the connections.

The two downsides I found were both related to being up in Canada:

The shipping costs were high, the “import fee” that UPS charged me was $80 which is over and above the already high taxes and duty paid to the government. All in all the price came out to about $1000, which is a hell of a lot of money for a set of headlights!

Also, they’re advertised as “plug and play” but since we have DRL laws up here that have the main beams on at a reduced output all the time, the headlights flicker badly when turned off. This can be averted by turning the headlights on every time you drive (remember to shut em off though!) or by dealer flash or Tazer to change the DRL mode. Not a huge deal, but also not really plug and play.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
I bought a set of the oracle oculus lights, and will chime in with a couple comments:

The light output is phenomenal, a huge upgrade over the stock halogens.

Install was easy, and personally I felt the wire lengths were great, rather have a little extra (that can easily be zip tied into place, or offer slightly different routing options) then be stretched tight and risk pulling on the connections.

The two downsides I found were both related to being up in Canada:

The shipping costs were high, the “import fee” that UPS charged me was $80 which is over and above the already high taxes and duty paid to the government. All in all the price came out to about $1000, which is a hell of a lot of money for a set of headlights!

Also, they’re advertised as “plug and play” but since we have DRL laws up here that have the main beams on at a reduced output all the time, the headlights flicker badly when turned off. This can be averted by turning the headlights on every time you drive (remember to shut em off though!) or by dealer flash or Tazer to change the DRL mode. Not a huge deal, but also not really plug and play.
Hi Nick, we apologize about the import fees, as we unfortunately cannot be responsible for the fees entering a different country. Since we last discussed your concern, we have set up a way to calculate shipping with duties and taxes included. Of course, the fees will be the same whether you pay them directly through us or to your government; but it will prevent any delays in orders moving forward. Thank you for your feedback, and we will be happy to assist you further.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.