10mmauto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2008 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
So I went out today and grabbed a picture. Sure enough, if you look hard enough at the inside of each light, there appears to be a slightly greenish tinge. I think it is an optical illusion. The outsides are a nice, bright white.

Anyway, I am very happy with these.
IMG_3028.JPG
Sponsored

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU sting gray sport s
I just got mine yesterday and install was a breeze. Took me 45 mins total. The connections from the headlights and build quality of the headlights are definitely top notch, very impressive! My only gripe was the positive and negative pigtails are not split out far enough to run through the fuse box where you can actually shut the lid. I’ll either have to drill a hole in the lid or solder a longer section of wire. The halo color does have an odd hue that doesn’t match any of my other LEDs... but I am a bit on the OCD side so to most they probably won’t even notice it. Light output is great, tons of color flicker and colors on the band which looks cool coming at you. I’ll give them a 9/10!

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Little update after having them for a day. Light output is pretty good. Not quite as good as some HID setups I’ve had, but still much better than halogen. I have a sport S on 33s and the height is darn near perfect out of the box. I noticed after getting my grill back on, the halos seemed a bit dim to me. Then I realized, I have aftermarket black headlight and grill rings And that little extra bit of material actually blocks about half of the halos circumference. I’m not sure if Sahara’s or rubicons would have the same issue or not. I wasn’t fully sold on the look so I’ll probably pull the rings off regardless.

A020DF60-94E7-4057-A268-2AE1E85CD78B.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Not quite as good as some HID setups I’ve had, but still much better than halogen.
What other HID setups have you had? My Infiniti Xenons have a better output & cutoff than any Jeep LEDs I've seen FWIW.

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What other HID setups have you had? My Infiniti Xenons have a better output & cutoff than any Jeep LEDs I've seen FWIW.

I’ve done dozens of retrofit headlights and had 25 cars so I’ve had a lot to compare with. The best car from the factory I’ve had was a Honda S2000. Retrofits I’ve done, the best was probably the g5r projectors with 45watt ballast and osram CBI bulbs. I put them in an xterra...

Sponsored

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Removed the headlight rings and you can actually see the whole halo now! Still not in love with the color of them. I have diode dynamics switchback fender leds and factory led fog lights as well. The switchbacks are a pure white and maybe a tad bit of blue. I’d say 5500k. The factory fogs are about 6000k. These don’t look close to either of them. It’s about a 5000k with a slight green hue. It’s just an odd color I haven’t seen from an LED before. I’ve installed a few halos, morimotos/ diode dynamics, vleds, and these don’t look like any of them. They do look less green at night, but still noticeable compared to others. I parked next to a rubicon with led package and their halos looked much more crisp and white/blue.

DA9E70C0-A097-4BC8-9C08-C632664EAF13.jpeg

E4545E51-25FE-4CEA-843C-5407DDBDFD58.jpeg

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I like the color.

BillJeep

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed these and like everyone else said, install was a breeze. The pigtail split length was the only thing I wish changed - seems like everyone having same issue there.
Gap between grill and lights is a bit more than I’d like, but maybe this is normal - - anyone else have the same?
Overall, very pleased with the purchase so far. Just getting cold here in PA so will be able to test it out in the snow soon enough. Was raining last night and the were great.

02638FBC-5B95-4BAB-BAEB-7D5FEBEFBBC3.jpeg

00B97814-A67B-4DDE-A7B0-AD1CB8D7BB23.jpeg

1EEA2F8C-F8E3-438E-8EE3-8733AEF0A4D6.jpeg

481307C6-B069-4989-9849-869C9AF67866.jpeg

Sponsored

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That gap looks the same as mine, and normal. I think with the halos extending so far out to the edge it’s probably best that that gap is there. If you really want to you could throw some washers between the mounting tabs and frame when you install them and space them out a little bit.

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Removed the headlight rings and you can actually see the whole halo now! Still not in love with the color of them. I have diode dynamics switchback fender leds and factory led fog lights as well. The switchbacks are a pure white and maybe a tad bit of blue. I’d say 5500k. The factory fogs are about 6000k. These don’t look close to either of them. It’s about a 5000k with a slight green hue. It’s just an odd color I haven’t seen from an LED before. I’ve installed a few halos, morimotos/ diode dynamics, vleds, and these don’t look like any of them. They do look less green at night, but still noticeable compared to others. I parked next to a rubicon with led package and their halos looked much more crisp and white/blue.

DA9E70C0-A097-4BC8-9C08-C632664EAF13.jpeg

E4545E51-25FE-4CEA-843C-5407DDBDFD58.jpeg
@Oracle is the color of the halo expected to appear different than the OEM LED headlights?

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered Oculus Bi-LED headlights on Cyber Monday and installed them today. I could not be happier with this product! It is obvious someone has put a LOT of thought into the design of this product. If I had my own factory I can't imagine anything I would do differently (well, I might make the red wire for the halos 2" longer, but they were still the perfect length once I removed about 2" of the rubber surround connecting the ground and red wire- after doing that, the red wire was the perfect length). I have the stock 33" tires, and the beams were adjusted spot on out of the box.

Since I knew I was going to be removing the grille, I went ahead and bought the Gladiator grille inserts. Even with the time it took to remove and replace the inserts, the install took under an hour. I will be buying all my lighting from Oculus from here on out (it would be REALLY nice if you made some matching off-road lights I could swap out to :^).

I have the LED fog light bulbs on order, but they are on backorder for a couple weeks yet...
2d7d559b492fa6cd354571983ae60b7db173f176.jpg

zmanz28

First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I live in Minnesota. Do they ice over in snow/ice storms?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.