Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I love mine. The halo is wired into the fuse #52 and grounded nearby. They are on when ignition is on. Don't quote me but I thing if you discomnect your DRLs the halo would still be on. Do you have a ProCal or Tazer unit to do that?
Sponsored

ArkieJeep

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I love mine. The halo is wired into the fuse #52 and grounded nearby. They are on when ignition is on. Don't quote me but I thing if you discomnect your DRLs the halo would still be on. Do you have a ProCal or Tazer unit to do that?
I don’t but that’s what I’m trying to avoid

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
I don’t like the look of the fender DRLs.

Is the oculus halo wired to still function as the DRLs if the drl option is switched off in uconnect?
They have you wire it to the auxiliary fuse. So it is on whenever the jeep is running. It is not tired in to the factory DRL.

Gcamp123

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JLU
I’m sure someone quoted already but yeah it works. Have my drls wired to that exact fuse I beleive “heated seats”that I don’t have.
Related question: The Oracle instructions say to use fuse F52 for the halos. Works fine when I do that but apparently my aftermarket heated seats were already using that fuse (so they have no power when halo connection plugged in). Anyone know if there is another fuse I can connect halos to in place of F52?

Sponsored

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Related question: The Oracle instructions say to use fuse F52 for the halos. Works fine when I do that but apparently my aftermarket heated seats were already using that fuse (so they have no power when halo connection plugged in). Anyone know if there is another fuse I can connect halos to in place of F52?
I saw this on another thread. I would like to know an alternative fuse as well

You must source a 12v fuse that's not being used, fuse #57 is a common choice, this is for heated seats, so if you do have heated seats you'll have to find another place to tap or be sure that both fuses are in the tap socket.

Micro Fuse tap, comes with two taps and 4 fuses, nice set.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LFXA5YQ

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yes, you can still use the heated seat fuse #57 if you have heated seats, the fuse tap allows you to keep your heated seat fuse functioning, and add the tap fuse for your new circuit. It's just basically a fuse "splitter" providing a 12v source to two fused items.

Gcamp123

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JLU
Yes, you can still use the heated seat fuse #57 if you have heated seats, the fuse tap allows you to keep your heated seat fuse functioning, and add the tap fuse for your new circuit. It's just basically a fuse "splitter" providing a 12v source to two fused items.
Dumb question but what amp fuses should I plug into the tap? Thanks very much.

Gcamp123

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JLU
There is a rubber cover on the back of the headlight assembly that’s about a 1 inch wide circle. Peel that off, being careful not to drop it into the engine bay. This will expose a hex nut that adjusts the light up and down. The headlights shipped with a hex key to use for adjustment.

DD8B0566-DFE9-4DFA-8DD5-E5A276C5C408.jpeg

99CE3859-CF87-42C6-AD9F-8C6D9BCBE6C9.jpeg

F3665D8B-3D5C-49F6-BE2C-223248FF1212.jpeg
Did you have the grill off when making this adjustment? Thank you

Gcamp123

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JLU
I added the 5 amp fuse that came with the Oculus lights into the tap (along with the 20amp fuse) and am running it through F52. With this setup, halos and aftermarket heated seats seem to work. Is this safe having 25 amps (20 + 5) running through the tap into a 20 amp circuit? Thanks

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dumb question but what amp fuses should I plug into the tap? Thanks very much.
I believe the fuse tap set comes w/ 2-10amp & 2-20amp fuses, I just used the 10amp, they don't draw much current.

I added the 5 amp fuse that came with the Oculus lights into the tap (along with the 20amp fuse) and am running it through F52. With this setup, halos and aftermarket heated seats seem to work. Is this safe having 25 amps (20 + 5) running through the tap into a 20 amp circuit? Thanks
You're fine as long as each circuit is individually fused, that amperage is no problem for those taps.

nellipj

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Did you have the grill off when making this adjustment? Thank you
No, the adjuster screw is on the back of the headlight assembly. I didn’t adjust the headlights until everything was put back together.

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
Has anyone been running these in cold/snowy environments? Do they tend to collect snow, or stay clear?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hi all, we just joined as a sponsoring vendor...loving your photos and interest in the Oculus! This video has driving footage if you want to see the cutoff and spread. Let us know if you have questions we can answer!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi all, we just joined as a sponsoring vendor...loving your photos and interest in the Oculus! This video has driving footage if you want to see the cutoff and spread. Let us know if you have questions we can answer!
Great to have you on the site, have your Fender DRL switchbacks and love them! Really interested in these lights and hopefully have them on my JL in the future :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.