Not open for further replies.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I've read that switching from halogen to oem led headlights requires a dealer or tazer system adjustment to recognize the change in light type.. is this needed with the Oculus lights as well? And if not, why/what's different about them vs the factory leds?

Thanks in advance!
Hopefully there’s a reply for you, but so far with my jl I’ve had no issues with lights. I added some randomly bought led headlights and didn’t even need a can bus decoder or anything of the sort just a plug and play. I guess it depends on what your buying. I got no flicker or anything. So if I had to guess there’s probably some type of easier work around for a setup like that. I’d send the makers a message they responded to my question within a day! ( answer was they should function like oem and I should have no issues in snow or any weather)
Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I've read that switching from halogen to oem led headlights requires a dealer or tazer system adjustment to recognize the change in light type.. is this needed with the Oculus lights as well? And if not, why/what's different about them vs the factory leds?

Thanks in advance!

To the best of my knowledge you only need the Tazer flash if you use the OEM LED headlights, I used the Kiwi LED headlights and I’ve had no problems.

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
I have a jlu with no drl. If I bought these and install to fuse 52 like their video suggest, will my halos turn on whenever there is power to the car? I typically just leave my headlights on auto but would like the halos on all the time.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Thanks in advance!
I think the added factory LED lights are part of the harness and it needs to be programmed in. I dont have any experience with it though to know for sure. The Oracle lights are a separate harness and you tie them in to the aux output fuse. So when the Jeep is in the run position, it turns on the halo. All wiring, no programming.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I have a jlu with no drl. If I bought these and install to fuse 52 like their video suggest, will my halos turn on whenever there is power to the car? I typically just leave my headlights on auto but would like the halos on all the time.
The Halo will be on whenever the Jeep is in the run position. Ignition on or the Jeep running. Regardless of the headlight operation.

Sponsored

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
The Halo will be on whenever the Jeep is in the run position. Ignition on or the Jeep running. Regardless of the headlight operation.
Thanks. I think I’m going to order a set. Sounds easy enough.
Anyone have fog lights for a sport that match? Don’t have to have a halo, just would like the light colors to match

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I’m sure someone quoted already but yeah it works. Have my drls wired to that exact fuse I beleive “heated seats”that I don’t have.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Just a heads up for whoever read my last post. And not to be a hater or anything not knocking the company the lights were ultimately well built, but light output was horrible. They where the spider eye lights and couldn’t see a thing in front of me even with high beams. Looking at other options currently for my sport.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Oracle Bi-LED's two weeks ago and wired the halos into fuse 52. Love them . Easy to adjust and the light output is awesome. kidcia...what lights are your referring to?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I installed the Oracle Bi-LED's two weeks ago and wired the halos into fuse 52. Love them . Easy to adjust and the light output is awesome. kidcia...what lights are your referring to?
Yes @Kidcia what lights do you have? The split halos that I have aren't great either, better than the stock halogens but the cutoff on mine looks like a heartbeat on a graph :(

Sponsored

maweber

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Anyone with the Oculus headlights, is it normal for them to fog internally. it goes away, just odd.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Anyone with the Oculus headlights, is it normal for them to fog internally. it goes away, just odd.
I haven't had that issue. I would check with Oracle.

ArkieJeep

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I am dangerously close to buying the oculus headlights.

Are y’all still satisfied with performance and look?

any unforeseen problems?

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I am dangerously close to buying the oculus headlights.

Are y’all still satisfied with performance and look?

any unforeseen problems?
I love them, no complaints.

ArkieJeep

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I don’t like the look of the fender DRLs.

Is the oculus halo wired to still function as the DRLs if the drl option is switched off in uconnect?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.