Not open for further replies.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I just went through the whole thread, thought I'm the only one. Now that's a huge dissapointment. I mean I paid close to $1000 CAD for head and foglights and I did not expect to see such a difference. It's actually very noticable in daylight. Maybe I should have went with JW speakers. So I guess this is normal according to Oracle and not fixable?
Normal, not fixable, and non-returnable seems to be the consensus.
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
I just went through the whole thread, thought I'm the only one. Now that's a huge dissapointment. I mean I paid close to $1000 CAD for head and foglights and I did not expect to see such a difference. It's actually very noticable in daylight. Maybe I should have went with JW speakers. So I guess this is normal according to Oracle and not fixable?
Hello,
Regarding your concern for the color hue on the Oculus light. The light hue you see is perfectly normal. All of the Oculus lights from every production run have been produced with the exact same LEDs with the exact same CCT. The DRL diffuser optics may enhance some color spectrums in certain settings or environment (dim light, bright light, outdoors, indoors, etc), but the LEDs themselves and light produced is pure white; 5500K CCT to be exact. If you are using images from our website to do a color comparison, please note the camera Kelvin settings adjusts drastically between different environments.

We posted data from a full photometric test here if you'd like to take a look; the Chroma Map shows the DRL Halo LEDs are pure white despite DRL diffuser optics possibly enhancing certain color spectrums in certain settings from certain angles.
-Missy

Last edited:

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
I've written Oracle a couple times about the green hue.. at first it was dismissed as camera settings and environment, and that it was "normal". And more recently after seeing my friend's headlights that are NOT green, I contacted Oracle again with these pictures and received the following reply:

" Each product that we have has multiple production runs, which the halo hues can slightly vary according to each run. Comparing your light to someone who purchased within the same production run as yours, will look almost identical to your lights. Whereas comparing your lights to someone who purchased more recently, will slightly vary in the hue. This does not mean that your lights are defective or faulty."

I admittedly don't know all the nuances of LED lighting technology :) but aren't these replies contradictory?:

"halo hues can slightly vary according to each production run"

VS.

"every production run have been produced with the exact same LEDs with the exact same CCTs"

I still love my Oculus lights at night, but it's pretty disappointing having seen what they could (should) actually look like :(

pics below - mine is the gray one

Jeep Wrangler JL ORACLE Oculus Bi-LED Headlight Upgrade for the Jeep JL / JT PXL_20210227_210658064.MP
Jeep Wrangler JL ORACLE Oculus Bi-LED Headlight Upgrade for the Jeep JL / JT PXL_20210227_210704406.MP
Jeep Wrangler JL ORACLE Oculus Bi-LED Headlight Upgrade for the Jeep JL / JT PXL_20210227_210709360

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I've never seen a side by side pic showing 2 different production runs, I'd likely be pushing harder for a swap since this clearly shows some exhibit the green hue and some don't.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Yes, the answer is always "the lights are fine, you're looking at them wrong"

Sponsored

amiii

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
I don't get it. Who cares if the lights are exactly the same CCT when manufactured. it's obvious to me and everyone else that has seen my Jeep that the fog/headlights are different. I actually regret getting the lights now, will probably tell people to do research before going with Oracles. I had JW speakers on my JK and never had an issue. If the DRL diffuser optics are causing this than Oracle needs to come up with something to solve this issue. How come other LED manufactureres don't have this problem and only Oracle does.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I've written Oracle a couple times about the green hue.. at first it was dismissed as camera settings and environment, and that it was "normal". And more recently after seeing my friend's headlights that are NOT green, I contacted Oracle again with these pictures and received the following reply:

" Each product that we have has multiple production runs, which the halo hues can slightly vary according to each run. Comparing your light to someone who purchased within the same production run as yours, will look almost identical to your lights. Whereas comparing your lights to someone who purchased more recently, will slightly vary in the hue. This does not mean that your lights are defective or faulty."

I admittedly don't know all the nuances of LED lighting technology :) but aren't these replies contradictory?:

VS.

"every production run have been produced with the exact same LEDs with the exact same CCTs"

I still love my Oculus lights at night, but it's pretty disappointing having seen what they could (should) actually look like :(

PXL_20210227_210658064.MP.jpg
PXL_20210227_210704406.MP.jpg
PXL_20210227_210709360.jpg
Hi Eric, your customer service rep did send your photos over to our R&D department for feedback. They made slight re-adjustments to the DRL diffuser optics to alter the appearance on the last few production runs after we received this feedback previously. This is not a defect or issue that affects the lights' performance.

We have confirmed that past and current production runs do all feature the same 5500K CCT output as listed. Since this is not a warranty issue, we cannot do a swap for fully-functional lighting. We're sorry that you are disappointed and will honor the previous offer provided to you by our customer service team if you wish to purchase a set from the latest production run. Please feel free to reach out to us for this assistance.

-Missy

• Angry
Reactions: zyt

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase

VS.

Jeep Wrangler JL ORACLE Oculus Bi-LED Headlight Upgrade for the Jeep JL / JT PXL_20210227_210709360
You know what, this actually pisses me off. I have emailed Oracle a few times regarding mine also looking more greenish and not as bright white. I sent photos and they just described it as "my camera not catching the light right" or whatever.

I don't care if they try to say it doesn't affect performance. It kind of does actually since they are advertising a certain look on their website and we are getting something different that to us "does not perform" the way it should. Therefore I would consider it defective.

I guess I won't be recommending Oracle to people anymore and I was going to buy the sidetrack Leds but doesn't seem like I am going to anymore. what a shame.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Eric, your customer service rep did send your photos over to our R&D department for feedback. They made slight re-adjustments to the DRL diffuser optics to alter the appearance on the last few production runs after we received this feedback previously. This is not a defect or issue that affects the lights' performance.

We have confirmed that past and current production runs do all feature the same 5500K CCT output as listed. Since this is not a warranty issue, we cannot do a swap for fully-functional lighting. We're sorry that you are disappointed and will honor the previous offer provided to you by our customer service team if you wish to purchase a set from the latest production run. Please feel free to reach out to us for this assistance.

-Missy
Hi Missy, it is an issue that affects our thoughts on these lights. It isn't what is advertised on your website and we are getting a look that is subpar and actually doesn't perform the way it should since it isn't as bright and isn't as nice of a color to look at.

I have emailed your reps regarding mine as well since I didn't feel like the color was right and they weren't as bright as others have. I got the same runaround.

I won't be ordering any more of your products or recommending them to anyone if this is the type of BS explanation you give customers. This isn't the type of customer service I want to buy from.

I emailed your reps back in September of 2020.

Last edited:

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
In case other folks are interested, the offer from customer service was 25% off in case I wanted to purchase the lights again.

That's essentially the same price as what Northridge had them on sale for last week, and is HIGHER than what I paid for them originally via black friday sale.

So it kind of reads like.. "sorry you're disappointed, but you're welcome to buy the same lights again and pay more for them this time" lol

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I am sad to hear of the concerns regarding the product as Oracle continues to do our best to support you the customer while also operating within our business parameters. We have confirmed that past and current production runs do all feature the same 5500K CCT output as listed. However we made slight re-adjustments to the DRL diffuser optics to alter the appearance on the last few production runs after we received this feedback previously.

Just like any other manufacturers, no matter what product they sell, slight adjustments can be made to products. This does not mean products purchased previously will be replaced based on that change.

Regarding price, our company abides by a Minimum Advertised Price Policy which is 10% off MSRP, this is across the board for all sales channels. Last week we lowered the MAP to 15% for one week so our Dealers could resell to their customers at a lower cost. This is changed for a certain time period and is not past the 15% discount, and is now back at the normal MAP price. The 25% discount we offered you is 15% higher than what is advertised online. If you received the first set at that cost, you really received a great deal from someone!

We are happy to continue offering customer service to the members here but we still need to abide by necessary polices within our company. If you would like to reach out to me directly I am happy to try to work with you, within reason.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue offering customer service and innovative product to you!

-Missy
National Sales Manager

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just like any other manufacturers, no matter what product they sell, slight adjustments can be made to products. This does not mean products purchased previously will be replaced based on that change.
How about the option for previously purchased headlights to be sent back for the update? If you made the product better, why not offer that enhancement to previous customers?

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How about the option for previously purchased headlights to be sent back for the update? If you made the product better, why not offer that enhancement to previous customers?
Especially when they are showing one product look online on their website and people are receiving one that doesn't look as good. It's false advertising.

They keep talking about within their business model. That doesn't mean anything to us when we didn't receive a product that should be working the way it was intended to. Performance is not on par as the lights look off and are not as bright. Instead you want us to buy more lights from you where you still have good profit. How does that make sense. Most businesses would exchange the lights to give the customer the product they originally ordered and expected.

JeepAdmin

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Sahara
Missy, as a new JLUR owner living in Michigan, I was considering the new heated LED lights you're working on, but am now seriously reconsidering reading this thread. If you guys advertise a white halo and owners are complaining of green ones, those should be replaced, at a bare minimum for forum members, (especially since word spreads quickly here). I will keep this thread in mind when I get closer to purchasing new LEDs. I certainly don't want to waste money on lights not as described.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
yeah, think I'm gonna order the Kiwi master ones....fraction of the price and seem to have great reviews

led-headlights-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.