Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Each headlight has one step which is the standard for any beam pattern on a projector headlight! I hope this helps!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Engineer
If I can find these for 20% off I am going to jump on them. Autoanything is supposed to do 20% off if you sign up for their emails but I dont see a place to do that.

mfkoch07

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
If it's constantly raining, it likely hasn't had time to clear up the humidity. Once the rainy season settles down a bit, you should see that dissipate!

Every electronic component emits an electromagnetic frequency; and in some cases, this frequency can interfere with radio antenna. There is an easy fix for this! All you need to do is install a ferrite clamp on your positive wires. This will kill the “noise” or interference emitted by these. You can do the ones Deadserial posted or we often recommend these: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fair-Rite/0443178281?qs=JTtBSkyWskhlZNzGDOYTOg==&gclid=Cj0KCQiAheXiBRD-ARIsAODSpWMfQfBJbJG-R-Wz-uAths4bTfN-rHkRxld_JK0_9HvDOKPqszQCCS0aAgvWEALw_wcB

I installed the lights a month ago and have also experienced the issues with radio interference. In fact it's almost to the point of being unusable. I tried different grounds and have added the ferrite clamps all to now avail. The only way to have good radio reception is to unplug the halo power. Looking for any other ideas. Seems to me that this should have been better addressed in the design of the lighting unit.

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Do you have to wire the halos for them to work when the lights are on or only for to make the halo drl? I dont really care about having the halo drl, seems like just one more reason to get a cops attention :).

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I installed the lights a month ago and have also experienced the issues with radio interference. In fact it's almost to the point of being unusable. I tried different grounds and have added the ferrite clamps all to now avail. The only way to have good radio reception is to unplug the halo power. Looking for any other ideas. Seems to me that this should have been better addressed in the design of the lighting unit.
Hey Mark, sorry to hear that you are having issues. With Jeeps, sometimes an individual vehicle will require an individual solution. Can you give us a call at 1-800-407-5776? We can get you with a technician who can trouble-shoot with you for other ideas.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Do you have to wire the halos for them to work when the lights are on or only for to make the halo drl? I dont really care about having the halo drl, seems like just one more reason to get a cops attention :).
Hi Andy, we recommend wiring to an ignition fuse but you can put it to a switch if you want to turn it on and off (or the halo doesn't have to be wired if you don't want it at all). Since it is white, it's totally legal with DOT SAE 5839-504 HL VOR 19 certification so no worries about the fuzz :like:

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Andy, we recommend wiring to an ignition fuse but you can put it to a switch if you want to turn it on and off (or the halo doesn't have to be wired if you don't want it at all). Since it is white, it's totally legal with DOT SAE 5839-504 HL VOR 19 certification so no worries about the fuzz :like:
Sorry but I still dont quite follow. To put it more to the point...if I dont wire the halo drl to the fuse box will the halos still come on when the lights are on or are they only powered by the line back to the fuse box? Thanks.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Sorry but I still dont quite follow. To put it more to the point...if I dont wire the halo drl to the fuse box will the halos still come on when the lights are on or are they only powered by the line back to the fuse box? Thanks.
Ah, I think I see now. :giggle:The light and the DRL halo have different power supplies so if you don't wire the halo in, it will not come on. You do have the options above on how to wire it. Does that answer your question?

Mr.Fatstacks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Sport Manual
Regarding the radio interference: I thought it was just me! I also experienced a bit of degradation of FM sound quality once I installed the oculus lights, but didn’t really realize it was the halos that were causing it.

I’ll have to try the ferrite clamps when I get back home. I see they aren’t that expensive. If they’re actually the solution to the interference it does make you wonder why they aren’t included with the lights.

Sponsored

FastAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JlR
You don't have to have the halo, it only turns on if wired.

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
Here's a couple recent shots of the Oculus halos and the Oracle fender DRLs. No color correction or adjustments have been made to the images, and they're a very accurate representation of how they look in person, outdoors, in daylight.

At night, the Oculus lights are AMAZING!
At day, the green hue of the halo is NOT amazing :)

I emailed Oracle customer service to see if the color was normal and asked why there is such a color temp difference between the halo and the fender DRLs - they said that yes it is normal and that "the glow the internal halo has can vary on a picture level as the camera settings can adjust drastically between different environments such as daylight/nighttime and indoors/outdoors." Seems like a nice way of saying "stop asking us about the color!!"

oculus-halo01.jpg

oculus-halo02.jpg

10mmauto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2008 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a couple recent shots of the Oculus halos and the Oracle fender DRLs. No color correction or adjustments have been made to the images, and they're a very accurate representation of how they look in person, outdoors, in daylight.

At night, the Oculus lights are AMAZING!
At day, the green hue of the halo is NOT amazing :)
Yes, amazing at night. But my halos are green-hued also.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Yes, amazing at night. But my halos are green-hued also.
I absolutely notice the green-hued halo during the day, and I'm not hugely excited over it myself. I was hoping it would be a "white" color 24/7. BUT, I will say that the green hue I notice is not nearly as strong as the pictures you posted. That's not to suggest there's any editing or anything "fishy" going on. I think the combination of the picture being taken with the rain on the light's surface is causing an amplification of the coloring v.s what you'll physically see looking at them on a sunny day. In person, it's definitely more of a subtle green than the heavy green we're seeing there. My opinion at least.

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Regarding the radio interference: I thought it was just me! I also experienced a bit of degradation of FM sound quality once I installed the oculus lights, but didn’t really realize it was the halos that were causing it.

I’ll have to try the ferrite clamps when I get back home. I see they aren’t that expensive. If they’re actually the solution to the interference it does make you wonder why they aren’t included with the lights.
I just ordered my oculus headlights so I cant speak to the details on radio interference from the halos...but I just called oracle to ask about this concern and some other tech questions I had about the lights. If you call their number and choose technical support you go straight to a guy that did development of the oculus lights (or at least I did). I dont mean to be rude, but the person from oracle posting on here to use a ferrite clamp doesnt seem to know what they are talking about (although I am sure they have the best intentions). He told me the ferrite clamp wont do anything because that feature is already built into the headlight design internally. He said you definitely shouldnt have this issue though and if it is happening than its another problem. I suggest calling in. Its a rarity you actually get to talk to someone that has ever been part of the design/development team of a product.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.