Sponsored

Oracle LED pre runner lights - Not working

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
So I tested the Oracle pre runner LED lights, I used the battery in the Jeep to test. They don’t turn on.

Just 2 wires, power and ground.

Safe to say they are broken?
Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey there,

Strange that all 3 wouldn't be turning on right out of box. Have you tried stripping a little more of the wires before touching to the battery?

OP
OP
RubiGrey

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Hey there,

Strange that all 3 wouldn't be turning on right out of box. Have you tried stripping a little more of the wires before touching to the battery?
I just tried that and I get the same result, lights don’t turn on.

I contacted Oracle this morning and have provided them a picture with the lights connected to the battery and the lights not turning on.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just tried that and I get the same result, lights don’t turn on.

I contacted Oracle this morning and have provided them a picture with the lights connected to the battery and the lights not turning on.
Thanks for letting us know. We'll get you set up with whatever you need!

Sponsored

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Hey, what ended up happening here. I'm having the same issue

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, ok. So your first set wasn’t faulty? So that first batch that wouldn’t work connected to battery or anything were ok? I’m clipped to parking light and ground and getting nothing. I don’t have aux switches

OP
OP
RubiGrey

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Interesting, ok. So your first set wasn’t faulty? So that first batch that wouldn’t work connected to battery or anything were ok? I’m clipped to parking light and ground and getting nothing. I don’t have aux switches
The first batch was completely faulty. The easiest way to test was to hold the power and ground wire on the terminals on the battery, make sure you have enough exposed wire.

The second batch was good. Ran the same test and the lights turned on. I proceeded to install them. I noticed after it rained that there was humidity built up inside the lights and this is a known issue, so I got a replacement.

the third batch I didn’t install as the humidity dried up, but it will happen again, so I’m keeping those as a backup cuz I don’t want to have to waste my time and waiting for another set if these go bad. And these lights are nearly wired too.

since you don’t have an AUX switch, you’re options are to install it as instructed. You can also try the fuse box, but ymmv.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to the auto store and bought better splices and tried those this morning. Also nothing. Just grabbed my
Multimeter and will test.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
turns out after more testing, the ground wire is severed somewhere in the wiring harness up near the 3 to 1 part. they are sending a new one out. really weird, as there was no visible damage to the wiring, but all the LEDs work which is good.
Sponsored