Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I have a halogen JLUS (in the US) and my DRLs do stay on with my headlights. They actually DIM when I turn the headlights on. I'll also add that when I installed aftermarket LEDs in the DRL fender position, they needed to be low input models. My initial attempts (without the low input bulbs) did in fact turn the DRL off when the headlight was turned on.

I also tried the Oracle HALOs, and tied them into the DRL harness from fenders. They actually DID turn off when I turned the headlights on.
Do you know what that other hot DRL wire is for?
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Hmm so it seems the stock DRL's are dual filament halogen bulbs? I still have all my bulbs in a box but I didn't label them so I'm not sure which is which. The 2 yellow bulbs are obviously turn signals, two big fat dual filament are the brake/tail lights, and the 2 left are reverse lights and DRL bulbs. One is dual filament so that would make no sense for a reverse light. Must be the case then, that they have two brightness levels. The more you know, i suppose. Thanks!

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have the stock halogen and fender lights and my DRL’s also stay on when the headlights are on. I haven’t messed with the Uconnect settings either. Phoenix location, sahara model.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have the stock halogen and fender lights and my DRL’s also stay on when the headlights are on. I haven’t messed with the Uconnect settings either. Phoenix location, sahara model.
Can you tell if they dim when the headlights are on? I'm going to try flipping my LED aftermarket bulbs over to see if the 2 prong connector is just matching up to the higher intensity only or something.

Sponsored

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Can you tell if they dim when the headlights are on? I'm going to try flipping my LED aftermarket bulbs over to see if the 2 prong connector is just matching up to the higher intensity only or something.
They actually do dim a little. Noticed it this morning.

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
How is the headlight beam cutoff? Any pics of before and after to compare? Anyone flashing lights at you?

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How is the headlight beam cutoff? Any pics of before and after to compare? Anyone flashing lights at you?
I have some before and after footage but I still need to go through and edit. No one is flashing their lights at me because I’ve adjusted my headlights down (I did this after I installed my lift because I lost the factory rake). Keep in mind that the housing is the same and the bulbs are changed out so the beam pattern is very similar to halogens, just brighter and crisper. The halos add light as well, but it’s more diffuse.

Sponsored

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Looking forward to the videos and picks of the pattern.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to the videos and picks of the pattern.
Should be a good follow up-just want to get that last element installed and ORACLE is doing some final testing on it first.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Should be a good follow up-just want to get that last element installed and ORACLE is doing some final testing on it first.
What are you using for the DRL’s? Have you installed any LED bulbs to that? I heard there might be some flickering with just connecting a turn signal LED bulb.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What are you using for the DRL’s? Have you installed any LED bulbs to that? I heard there might be some flickering with just connecting a turn signal LED bulb.
This will be a new release from ORACLE Lighting with a white running light and amber turn signal. They are finalizing testing assumedly to ensure any issues such as that are avoided. I’ll have more details as soon as later this week.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Nice. Looking forward to that.
Sponsored