ORACLE LED Headlights with halo for JL

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Are your headlights and DRL's on at the same time in that video at the end? You're not in Canada.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Hmm DRL should definitely turn off when headlamps are on. What position was your light switch in?

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
There are three bulbs in there, with DRL in the middle. The factory LED bulb I believe changes from amber to white so the light is more even across the fender, but someone else may verify or refute.

Here is what happens in each position with the vehicle in park. I can’t say if anything changes while driving, because well, I’m driving.

Auto position (in the dark): DRL, headlights and halos all on

Headlight on position: all three on

Parking lights only on: halos and DRL’s on

Lights off: only DRL no halo

Unlock: headlights only come on

Remote start: DRL and halo only

There could be some setting in uconnect, but I have DRL’s set as on.

tonythehomie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sport S (manual / 2 door / firecracker red)
As @mwilk012 said, I believe halos turn off when the headlights come on.

upload_2018-11-28_8-28-25.jpeg

Is this picture with the light switch in auto?

Wondering if this is happening because you don’t have LED package, or did Oracle give you direct instructions to use that white and brown wire?

I also could be 100% confused about the halos ff when headlights come on thing, but for some reason I’m remembering someone saying the halos come on automatically even if the light switch is in the off position.

Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
As @mwilk012 said, I believe halos turn off when the headlights come on.

upload_2018-11-28_8-28-25.jpeg

Is this picture with the light switch in auto?

Wondering if this is happening because you don’t have LED package, or did Oracle give you direct instructions to use that white and brown wire?

I also could be 100% confused about the halos ff when headlights come on thing, but for some reason I’m remembering someone saying the halos come on automatically even if the light switch is in the off position.
Yes that is with headlights on auto and DRL marked as on in Uconnect. I am assuming it is because I don’t have the factory LED, they run with my headlights on always.

I figured the wire out in my own. I actually tested both wires and I am not sure abt the other is for, but this is the one that works.

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
There are three bulbs in there, with DRL in the middle. The factory LED bulb I believe changes from amber to white so the light is more even across the fender, but someone else may verify or refute.

Here is what happens in each position with the vehicle in park. I can’t say if anything changes while driving, because well, I’m driving.

Auto position (in the dark): DRL, headlights and halos all on

Headlight on position: all three on

Parking lights only on: halos and DRL’s on

Lights off: only DRL no halo

Unlock: headlights only come on

Remote start: DRL and halo only

There could be some setting in uconnect, but I have DRL’s set as on.
Hi,
Thanks for posting this. I frequently watch/like your YouTube channel, among many others.
Question - When you put on the turning indicator, does the corresponding Halo ring go off with the DRL on the turning direction side?

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,
Thanks for posting this. I frequently watch/like your YouTube channel, among many others.
Question - When you put on the turning indicator, does the corresponding Halo ring go off with the DRL on the turning direction side?
You bet, and thanks for watching! Neither the DRL nor halo turn off with the turn signal. I wonder if this has something to do with the two positive wires leading the DRL bulb. ORACLE will be releasing a DRL very soon that has the Amber turn signal and white DRL.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone interested, here are the LED fogs and tail lights/rear turn signals.

Both are crazy bright and super easy installs:

The last piece for full LED upgrade (front DRL/turn signals) will be in my hands soon to preview and available to the public by the end of the year.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Yes that is with headlights on auto and DRL marked as on in Uconnect. I am assuming it is because I don’t have the factory LED, they run with my headlights on always.

I figured the wire out in my own. I actually tested both wires and I am not sure abt the other is for, but this is the one that works.
They don't though, only in Canada do the DRL's stay on when headlamps are on. And when the Turn signals are on, the DRL on that side turns off. Something strange is going on with yours. You can also have the foglights on independent of the headlamps with the switch in the parking lamp position, and the DRL stay on.

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well the American Jeeper must have a Canadian Jeep then or a flash was done wrong. My fogs work independently no problem but I checked again and the DRL’s stay on with headlights.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Yep, plenty, and have tried changing the region settings, location setting, lots of options with the Tazer but this is the default status.

In the interest of full disclosure I do have diode dynamics LED bulbs installed in my turn signals and DRL's. I'm not sure if yours are still halogen or not.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That’s really interesting. I didn’t even know they were different in Canada until it was mentioed here. I’ll have to check with my dealership to see if they can detect anything or do a diagnostic. They are super cool about any mods I do, in part I believe because I am one of those suckers that constantly buys new Jeeps. I have the stock front fender lights now but ORACLE will have their version released soon. I’ll have them to install and share before the public, as soon as next week.

robmack

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUS
They don't though, only in Canada do the DRL's stay on when headlamps are on. And when the Turn signals are on, the DRL on that side turns off. Something strange is going on with yours. You can also have the foglights on independent of the headlamps with the switch in the parking lamp position, and the DRL stay on.

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG
I have a halogen JLUS (in the US) and my DRLs do stay on with my headlights. They actually DIM when I turn the headlights on. I'll also add that when I installed aftermarket LEDs in the DRL fender position, they needed to be low input models. My initial attempts (without the low input bulbs) did in fact turn the DRL off when the headlight was turned on.

I also tried the Oracle HALOs, and tied them into the DRL harness from fenders. They actually DID turn off when I turned the headlights on.
Sponsored