Sponsored

Oracle LED for JL is pulsing a little

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Howdy!

I've had my oracle LED bulbs in my headlights for 6 months or so and I love them. However, I can see a hint of pulsing when its really dark outside and pretty much pulses when the engine is on. If does not flicker on and off, just a pulse.

I put in the resistors when i installed them, but has anyone who has ordered and installed seen this?

It's these in the link below:

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oracle-2018-2019-jeep-wrangler-jl-led-bulb-conversion-kit
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Predictable, with aftermarket LED lights. The heat buildup from the sealed headlights will cause this to happen. I read up on this happening, with almost every maker out there, that has been out for a while. That is why i installed Philips H13+100 Halogen bulbs. Around $30, very bright, and zero issues. I have used them in other vehicles I own before this.

Last edited:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Howdy!

I've had my oracle LED bulbs in my headlights for 6 months or so and I love them. However, I can see a hint of pulsing when its really dark outside and pretty much pulses when the engine is on. If does not flicker on and off, just a pulse.

I put in the resistors when i installed them, but has anyone who has ordered and installed seen this?

It's these in the link below:

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oracle-2018-2019-jeep-wrangler-jl-led-bulb-conversion-kit
Have you thought about getting a refund, or have them send new ones?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Predictable, with aftermarket LED lights. The heat buildup from the sealed headlights will cause this to happen. I read up on this happening, with almost every maker out there, that has been out for a while. That is why i installed Philips H11 +100 Halogen bulbs. Around $30, very bright, and zero issues. I have used them in other vehicles I own before this.
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-X-tremeVision-Upgraded-Headlight-Vision/dp/B00U1OIESK?th=1

Are these the bulbs you used? I've been looking for an alternative to full LED housings given that LED bulb replacements aren't legal in my state.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S turbo. 2012 Road Glide. 2015 Chrysler 200s V6 AWD.
Occupation
US Army
Vehicle Showcase

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Ehh, fog lamps are so dim is almost not worth the effort to do anything less than add LED’s. Are you mostly looking for increased brightness or color temperature match?

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just trying to get rid of the yellow color until they make a good replacement housing without having to buy an adapter. But i want the fog and head light colors to match

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I'm just trying to get rid of the yellow color until they make a good replacement housing without having to buy an adapter. But i want the fog and head light colors to match
Fair enough, I only had to look for halogen headlamps because it is illegal(ish) in my state to use led bulbs in halogen housings for headlamps specifics. I doubt anyone is going to design a light with a housing that matches up to the oem bumper because it’s just not worth the R&D.

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Army
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't necessarily need to be LED i'm ok with the brightness of the halogen on both set i just want the yellow color gone. What do you recommend for a matching set ?
Sponsored