SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. Bummer I was hoping i wasn’t going to need a load equalizer based on the product description. May I suggest adding that as note to the product description to avoid confusion.

“ORACLE Part# 5111-023

These error-free LED bulbs are designed to work WITHOUT the use is load equalizers by communicating with your vehicle's CAN Bus computer system and prevent "bulb out" error messages. High-output dual color “Switchback” features easy plug-and-play installation.”

Were you able to get these working without a load equalizer/resistor? I also read somewhere that the more LED lights you have installed may increase the need for load equalizer/resistors? I have LED headlights/fogs and rear lights

I just received my 7443-Cks but have not installed.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Were you able to get these working without a load equalizer/resistor? I also read somewhere that the more LED lights you have installed may increase the need for load equalizer/resistors? I have LED headlights/fogs and rear lights

I have LED headlights, fogs & rear tails on my Sport too, the Oracle DRL Switchbacks have that circuitry built-in, you'll be fine w/ your Sport, It's the Rubicon & Sahara non-led setups that seem to have issues.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have LED headlights, fogs & rear tails on my Sport too, the Oracle DRL Switchbacks have that circuitry built-in, you'll be fine w/ your Sport, It's the Rubicon & Sahara non-led setups that seem to have issues.
Thanks? I installed them today and they work great.

mR_fUsIoN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude Unlimited

I have a 2019 Altitude and the issue was intermittent. I went with the Oracle resistors. Unfortunately I wasn’t as lucky and Oracle Techs said replacing the bulbs wouldn’t solve the issue. Hopefully you won’t get the error message.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have a 2019 Altitude and the issue was intermittent. I went with the Oracle resistors. Unfortunately I wasn’t as lucky and Oracle Techs said replacing the bulbs wouldn’t solve the issue. Hopefully you won’t get the error message.
Does the Altitude pkg have the dual turn bulbs like the halogen Sahara & Rubicon have?

Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did install them yesterday one at a time and checked to see if they were working. For each one I initially received the error message "bulb out" but it went away in like 5 seconds. checked them about 7 or 8 times yesterday and everything was still good??

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
That's correct!
This is all so confusing lol.. I have a '19 Sahara JLU, w/o factory LED (so halogen), and I'm looking to upgrade the fender lights. I'll probably do the Diode Dynamics smoked side marker, Oracle Oculus headlights and LED fogs, but I'm a little stuck on how to upgrade the fender lights. Sounds like Sahara has two bulbs (one white, one amber) and therefore switchback would not work in my setup. Am I mistaken? Appreciate the help.

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
This is all so confusing lol.. I have a '19 Sahara JLU, w/o factory LED (so halogen), and I'm looking to upgrade the fender lights. I'll probably do the Diode Dynamics smoked side marker, Oracle Oculus headlights and LED fogs, but I'm a little stuck on how to upgrade the fender lights. Sounds like Sahara has two bulbs (one white, one amber) and therefore switchback would not work in my setup. Am I mistaken? Appreciate the help.
Hello! Happy to help here! The Sahara model does have to separate bulbs, one white and one amber. They do not operate as a switch back, so you would need to purchase 2x amber bulbs and 2x white bulbs.

The Sport has one bulb which is the switch back style, white/amber.

If you would like Oracle Lighting (we) make these bulbs and can include this in your order. This is guaranteed to match the other led products you plan to order form us.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Hello! Happy to help here! The Sahara model does have to separate bulbs, one white and one amber. They do not operate as a switch back, so you would need to purchase 2x amber bulbs and 2x white bulbs.

The Sport has one bulb which is the switch back style, white/amber.

If you would like Oracle Lighting (we) make these bulbs and can include this in your order. This is guaranteed to match the other led products you plan to order form us.
So I'm not sure what is going on but I bought the LED DRLs for my Rubicon that had the regular halogen bulbs. My fenders have two bulbs one for the turn signal (amber) and one for the daytime running light. I swapped the daytime running light bulbs for the LEDs. Now my daytime running lights only come on when I have the parking lights on or the headlights on. They are not on any other time. So when I am driving around during the day I have no daytime running lights unless I turn on my headlights or parking lights. When I read the description on the website it actually said the daytime running lights would not come on with the headlights on but for me they do. I am just wondering why they are not coming on without the headlights on.

Again I do not have the Switchback bulbs I have the two separate bulbs in each Fender and only replace the daytime running light one. Also my drl settings were checked and they are set to on.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
So I'm not sure what is going on but I bought the LED DRLs for my Rubicon that had the regular halogen bulbs. My fenders have two bulbs one for the turn signal (amber) and one for the daytime running light. I swapped the daytime running light bulbs for the LEDs. Now my daytime running lights only come on when I have the parking lights on or the headlights on. They are not on any other time. So when I am driving around during the day I have no daytime running lights unless I turn on my headlights or parking lights. When I read the description on the website it actually said the daytime running lights would not come on with the headlights on but for me they do. I am just wondering why they are not coming on without the headlights on.

Again I do not have the Switchback bulbs I have the two separate bulbs in each Fender and only replace the daytime running light one. Also my drl settings were checked and they are set to on.

Notice- the DRL bulb will automatically turn OFF when headlights turn ON.

Please note, the DRL will not come on unless your headlight switch is in the "AUTO" mode. The DRL will not come on if you are in Park (for manual transmission if the parking brake is engaged) it is important to have an assistant help by putting the vehicle in gear to test the bulbs.

^Please see the note from the site above. If you need further clarification or troubleshooting I will be happy to get you with a technician.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Notice- the DRL bulb will automatically turn OFF when headlights turn ON.

Please note, the DRL will not come on unless your headlight switch is in the "AUTO" mode. The DRL will not come on if you are in Park (for manual transmission if the parking brake is engaged) it is important to have an assistant help by putting the vehicle in gear to test the bulbs.

^Please see the note from the site above. If you need further clarification or troubleshooting I will be happy to get you with a technician.

Yeah, mine come on WITH headlights, WITH parking lights, when in auto and lights turn on, so do they. They do NOT come on when I'm driving around unless the headlights are on.

Ill try the suggestion I received from oracle support and flip them 180. Then maybe ill get them to come on the opposite of then they are now....?
Sponsored