First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport; 2018 Jaguar F Pace
What does it mean to have tail lights that are not DOT approved? Are you in danger of failing an inspection?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hello! Thank you for your inquiry. These are not stamped as DOT but they do meet all necessary standards to pass inspections.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I just got these today and installed them, and I have to say I am not really 100% loving them. They are REALLY dim. It's daylight right now and they're smoked, but still...

Also not really satisfied with the build quality of one of them. Whatever seal they use between the lens and the housing can be seen sticking out on the driver's side one in the upper right corner if you're next to it looking at it.

I was already bummed because I ordered sequential ones made by WinJet that turned out to be a bust for me (glow bar went out after 5 minutes on both of them), so was really hoping these would be great. At this point, I should have just gotten the knock offs off Amazon and at least spent $100 less.

I will retest tonight in the dark and update with new pics then.

Off
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Jeep Wrangler JL “black series” LED Tail Light IMG_0109

On
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Jeep Wrangler JL “black series” LED Tail Light IMG_0110
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Jeep Wrangler JL “black series” LED Tail Light IMG_0111

Brakes
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Jeep Wrangler JL “black series” LED Tail Light IMG_0112

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
I just got these today and installed them, and I have to say I am not really 100% loving them. They are REALLY dim. It's daylight right now and they're smoked, but still...

Also not really satisfied with the build quality of one of them. Whatever seal they use between the lens and the housing can be seen sticking out on the driver's side one in the upper right corner if you're next to it looking at it.

I was already bummed because I ordered sequential ones made by WinJet that turned out to be a bust for me (glow bar went out after 5 minutes on both of them), so was really hoping these would be great. At this point, I should have just gotten the knock offs off Amazon and at least spent $100 less.

I will retest tonight in the dark and update with new pics then.

Off
IMG_0109.jpg

On
IMG_0110.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg

Brakes
IMG_0112.jpg
yeah, I mean for smoked lenses I dunno how much brighter they could really be. but to each their own, for sure.

This is what I’m working with. I’ve been told by my BIL and MIL that they were really hard to see during the day while driving behind me. But truthfully how many cars do you drive behind during the day where you can see very bright tail lights? And what benefit does that really provide? As long as they work well while braking and at night, which imo they do.

(Worth pointing out I had just installed the ORACLE blacked out third brake light, so I’m now fully blacked back there.)

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Jeep Wrangler JL “black series” LED Tail Light C254612A-E148-43EB-AA93-5BB6401091B4

Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah, I mean for smoked lenses I dunno how much brighter they could really be. but to each their own, for sure.
For comparison, these were smoked Winjets (before they stopped working on me). Plastic film was still on them, which is why they look a bit weird.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Jeep Wrangler JL “black series” LED Tail Light IMG_0084

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
For comparison, these were smoked Winjets (before they stopped working on me). Plastic film was still on them, which is why they look a bit weird.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Jeep Wrangler JL “black series” LED Tail Light IMG_0084
They do look slightly brighter than the pic I posted. I'm guessing if the Winjets were of better overall quality more people would use them. The build quality may not be perfect on the ORACLES (there is one small defect with mine too where it looks like a tiny bit of wire is poking out between the casing and the lens), but I think the LED and overall qualify is superior. That's my take anyway. I don't anticipate any of my ORACLE LED products will fail anytime soon, but time will tell.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I’ll admit I’m happier seeing them at night. Will likely stick with them. Sorry for the poor picture quality. Girlfriend’s car is in the way of getting a straight on shot.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Jeep Wrangler JL “black series” LED Tail Light 1F10E5DD-26E0-478D-98E6-FA8B4713B595

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Jeep Wrangler JL “black series” LED Tail Light 6F2DC419-7655-4ADE-B1F8-5D7A7ACE9CFA

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Update: I’ll admit I’m happier seeing them at night. Will likely stick with them. Sorry for the poor picture quality. Girlfriend’s car is in the way of getting a straight on shot.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Jeep Wrangler JL “black series” LED Tail Light 6F2DC419-7655-4ADE-B1F8-5D7A7ACE9CFA

looks great!

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Thanks for both your feedback on this product. Glad to hear that at night the output is much brighter for you! Love the 3rd brake light combo with this product. It really pulls it all together. It can be harder to see any LED light during the day with direct sunlight, but at night is when it is really important. Thank you again for your feedback and have a great weekend!

Last edited:

Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Any update on these? Are you happy with them long term?
Love them. The *only* "problem" with them, if you can even call it that, is I've been told that during the day it can be a bit hard to see them light up. They also give me an annoying "light out" diagnostic on just one side of the vehicle but both the lane assist sensors and the lights work perfectly so it's a minor nuisance that I barely notice. But I've had them for Idek how long, over a year now? Give or take? And I'm still very happy.

rmartino99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, Hopefully Sting Grey JLU
I have these but i am disapointed with the brightness of the back up light.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have these but i am disapointed with the brightness of the back up light.
I just have a small 7" light bar below the bumper tapped to my reverse wire, lights up great and you can actually use the back up camera at night :)

rmartino99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, Hopefully Sting Grey JLU
I just have a small 7" light bar below the bumper tapped to my reverse wire, lights up great and you can actually use the back up camera at night :)
I ended up doing the same thing but hooked up to AUX switch
Sponsored