Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
My JLU has the day off today, but I'll be happy to try it when I get home later.
Sponsored

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
Can I get someone with a sport S 2022 that has install the flashbacks to run the turn signal for 5 minutes and see if they get a dash error of bulb out?
Interesting experiment. Ran my blinker on the way into work this morning. Less than a minute in, I got a chime reminding me that it was on (hadn’t seen that before). Then, about 4 minutes in, I got the bulb out warning with the hyper flash. Turned blinker off and within a few minutes everything seemed to be back to normal.

OP
OP

wavw1954

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Altitude Sport
Thks for doing the test. At least now I know it is not my wiring. Will put in the load resistors and see if that fixes the issue. Will give an update after installed and tested

Egralia

First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I’m having the same problem with you and they told me that I have to use a programmer like taser to fix it. It was a back and forth with customer service and they even thought the housing was aftermarket. I had to send them pictures of my Jeep to show that the Willys package comes from the factory with regular bulbs for the fender and led for headlight and fog.

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
Thks for doing the test. At least now I know it is not my wiring. Will put in the load resistors and see if that fixes the issue. Will give an update after installed and tested
Tested again, this time on right blinker. Same results. Takes about 3-4 minutes with blinker on to trigger hyperflash & bulb out warning. Things back to normal a few minutes later. Not really sure what to think of this.. I don't think I would ever have my blinker on for that long in any scenario but curious to what your findings are.

Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Tested again, this time on right blinker. Same results. Takes about 3-4 minutes with blinker on to trigger hyperflash & bulb out warning. Things back to normal a few minutes later. Not really sure what to think of this.. I don't think I would ever have my blinker on for that long in any scenario but curious to what your findings are.
That's interesting. I've never had my blinker on long enough to trigger the hyperflash and warning. I'll try it on mine, though I bet it will do the same thing.

OP
OP

wavw1954

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Altitude Sport
Well just got an email from Oracle which said that adding resistors would not fix the problem and said only solution was to change computer to LED. Not convinced the resistors would not fix the problem. Anybody have a recommendation for a good manufacturer of 50W 6 ohm resistor I can buy to try and see if it works?
Very disappointed in Oracle that they are selling these bulbs as plug and play without additional changes and solution is to either pay a dealer $200.00 or buy a Tazer also over $200 to get them to work.

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
I just signed up for texts and email to get a discount on these. I was just about to order, even though 60 bucks seems like a lot, and saw this thread. Looks like a nope from me. I was already not looking forward to changing the bulbs, but now to wonder if I will have to do it again when they piss me off?? I don't want a tazer or any of that, which is why I want bulbs with resistors.

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
I just signed up for texts and email to get a discount on these. I was just about to order, even though 60 bucks seems like a lot, and saw this thread. Looks like a nope from me. I was already not looking forward to changing the bulbs, but now to wonder if I will have to do it again when they piss me off?? I don't want a tazer or any of that, which is why I want bulbs with resistors.
I bought the Lasfit version on Amazon. They’re cheaper and look identical.

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool. Do you have a Willys? Not sure if I have two bulbs in each side or one.... I think only Rubis and Sahara's have two and on is a daytime running light?

Sponsored

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
I’ve been running the Lasfit’s since March 2022. My bet is that Oracle buys from them and resells. I’ve never had a problem with them but then again I’ve never had to sit at light for more than 5 mins. They were plug and play with no programming.

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
Cool. Do you have a Willys? Not sure if I have two bulbs in each side or one.... I think only Rubis and Sahara's have two and on is a daytime running light?
Mine’s a sport. One bulb. Plug & play. They work fine & I’d do it again. Doesn’t bother me that the bulb out message came on after running them for so long. I don’t see anyone needing a blinker on for 3-4 minutes anyways.

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regarding the above issue, if you read the write up for the Amazon bulbs, it says they are designed to shut off when they get hot (2 to 5 minutes)! And it's normal, and they work again when cooled off. I just ordered them.

HushHouse254

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
This is when I find these forums are helpful. I've been toying with the idea of purchasing these bulbs. Now, not so much. I have read that when the bulbs get hot after several minutes of operation that they will turn off. While this may not be bothersome to a few people, I look at it from a safety standpoint where God forbid my wife is in an accident and she turns on the hazards on then they go out after a few minutes...not good.

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy crap!!! These things are bright! They look really good. I like how they are white as running lights and amber as signals. Valid point about the safety factor of the hazards shutting down though. I'm gonna run them and I will update if I have any issues. No error message or anything as of now.
Sponsored