Oracle Front Turn Signal/DRL Switchback LED Bulbs; 7443CK failure

wavw1954

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Altitude Sport
Need some help installed the Oracle Front Turn Signal/DRL Switchback LED Bulbs; 7443CK (
for a 22 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport). Everything was working fine did a direct plug and play no modification. Stopped at an extra long light and got a turn signal failure. Next light everything was fine. Then another long light the same thing. Called Oracle and they said that I had to add a 50W 6 ohm resistor for each turn signal, which they sale for $5.95 each. Call Extreme Terrain where I purchased them and got oh so sorry you may have to add a resistor but we really don't know. Can anyone tell me is this true and will adding a resistor fix the problem. Not so much plug and play and not very happy with Extreme customer or lack of customer service and knowledge!

Wayne
Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same bulbs on my '21 JLUSS and my daughter's '22 JLW. No issues with either one and I did not need a resistor on either one.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
I would add the resistor that the manufacturer recommends, but I wouldn't buy it from them. That seems like a very high price for one resistor.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Likewise... I've had the switchbacks for a few months with no problems.. and no additional parts.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Meh, get all the stuff to use JScan (app, SGW cable, JScan approved OBDII module) and then you have an amazing tool that does a lot of extra shit AND you can turn off that nanny light. All for about $80US.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Need some help installed the Oracle Front Turn Signal/DRL Switchback LED Bulbs; 7443CK (
for a 22 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport). Everything was working fine did a direct plug and play no modification. Stopped at an extra long light and got a turn signal failure. Next light everything was fine. Then another long light the same thing. Called Oracle and they said that I had to add a 50W 6 ohm resistor for each turn signal, which they sale for $5.95 each. Call Extreme Terrain where I purchased them and got oh so sorry you may have to add a resistor but we really don't know. Can anyone tell me is this true and will adding a resistor fix the problem. Not so much plug and play and not very happy with Extreme customer or lack of customer service and knowledge!

Wayne
At one point I read someone had to flip bulb over to reverse +/- on the Sport model 🤷‍♂️

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
I've been running the Lasfit version of the 7443CK (no added resistors) for 3 months with no issues. Until... I took it in Saturday for 1st jeep wave oil change. Left there with left turn signal out warning. It came on a few times Saturday but went away and haven't seen it since.. Did your failure go away or stay on?

OP
OP

wavw1954

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did a timing on the turn signal light both sides will show the bulb out after 5 minutes, long stop lights in Naples. However the bulb out warning flashes with a tone then goes away but turn signal is in fast blink. Once the turn signal is shut off then you can turn it back on and it repeats with ok for 5 minutes then another warning. Oracle is shipping a couple of resistors out to see if it solves the problem

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
7443CK work on Sport and Sport S. Your profile says 2022 Jeep Wrangler Altitude Sport. I’ve never heard of an Altitude Sport. How many bulbs do you have in your front fender?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

7443CK work on Sport and Sport S. Your profile says 2022 Jeep Wrangler Altitude Sport. I’ve never heard of an Altitude Sport. How many bulbs do you have in your front fender?
Sport Altitude has been around for a while. I have a 2020. The Sport Altitude is a Sport S with 18" blacked out wheels and black trim.

I have one bulb for each fender light. The 7443CK bulbs do work.

I have a Tazer and used it to set my lights to LED.

Sponsored

OP
OP

wavw1954

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can I get someone with a sport S 2022 that has install the flashbacks to run the turn signal for 5 minutes and see if they get a dash error of bulb out?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Can I get someone with a sport S 2022 that has install the flashbacks to run the turn signal for 5 minutes and see if they get a dash error of bulb out?
Are you trying to use the switchbacks as DRLs by any chance?

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I have one bulb for each fender light. The 7443CK bulbs do work.

I have a Tazer and used it to set my lights to LED.
I also have a Tazer and did NOT set my lights to LED. Mine works fine w/ the factory setting. Wonder what is going on.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I also have a Tazer and did NOT set my lights to LED. Mine works fine w/ the factory setting. Wonder what is going on.
Mine work either way. I have other LEDs that needed to be set, so I just did everything.